xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Organized Religion  (Read 1172 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 06:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Oct 21 2005, 06:58 PM)
If God intervened so much before the coming of Jesus, why didnt he attack people of alternate beliefs? 

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »

as for satan coming from islam, islam came from judaism as well (ironic considering the turmoil in the middle east, the two faiths are "borhters" in a way) the angel gabriel appeared to muhamed and dictated the quran to him...of course that probably causes hebrews to see muslims as heretics

Everyone from Ethiopia to about Afghanistan are essentially cousins. And Islam is closer to christianity than Judaism.

Pucksr Judaism is a lot older than islam, considering as I had mentioned before that Ishamel the father of the Arabs was of Hebrew(father) and Nubian(mother).

Until God makes an appearance on national news and tells the entire world how it wants things done, I am content to live my life behaving as a rational and considerate human being without fear of repercussion. As stated by Allan W Janssen in his book: The Plain Truth About God-101, its time for the human race to grow up and start treating each other with dignity, regardless of the social, geographical or racial differences.

I see the bible as the only consistent and concise predictor of the human lust for evil.

1) When Lucifer or the beast was expelled from paradise he was banished to earth
    where he he caused evil to flourish. Could this be the caveman period or the
    beast he created be what we call dinosaurs.

2) Why is the land of Israel a source of contention.

3)  Is the fall of Irad a sign of the end times when the whore of babylon
     (modern Iraq) would be destroyed.  

4)  Why did Cain slay Able his brother, the first murder. Why do ethnic brothers
      fight the most fierce battles. Over and over Africans vs Africans, Europeans vs
      Europeans Asians vs Asians.

Until God makes an appearance on national news and tells the entire world how it wants things done, I am content to live my life behaving as a rational and considerate human being without fear of repercussion

The funny thing is when god and the angels walked amongst men and women, they still turned to evil. Because GOD wasnt in their hearts.  The hand of god split the sea and the 12 tribes left africa and fled into S Arabia, and god let the water of the sea drown the pursuing africans. And yet the 12 tribes still worshipped idols after god saved them. And god made them lost for a generation before sending north to Israel.

salvation came by grace not by race, ANYONE, not just those of hebrew descent, could join the kingdom of god, this also the time when dominion over the earth was given to satan

Salvation is only achieved through Jesus. You can argue everyone is of Hebrew descent if you believe, since we are all descendants of NOAH. And since GOD dispersed the 12 tribes amongst the nations of the earth.  
Why also did God allow the rift between the Hebrews and the Samaritans?

The question should be why did god cause a rift between Judah and Israel.

brutalsun

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »

My.02 on organized religion

It is a tool to command the weak of mind. What does God need with a 3 million dollar church, and rich clergy. Weren't priests supposed to give up worldy posessions? They roll like rock stars. And todays christianity has nothing to do with the religion the bible was written for, therefore the religion is WRONG.
I also hate how the bible is used in 2 manners. It is interpreted as a story but in the same breath it is used to define law to the letter.... HOW??

Call me blasphemous I don't care. I speak with God on my terms and he shines upon me. My family is healthy and my life is good, and this is not from attending a church and listening to some blowhard tell me I'm living life wrong.  

Religion SUCKS. Sprituality is what I believe in. I follow how I see fit, and it works for me

lordvader129

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2005, 02:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Oct 22 2005, 03:50 PM)
*******Satan***************

bluedeath

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »

It's foolish to argue with the bible as a reference.  If you believe in the bible then you believe that satan exists and is at odds with us etc.  If this is the case then wouldn't he have slowly tainted the bible as a reference through mistranslation, misprint and by tempting man to do so through the ages.  How can anyone trust any version of the bible unless it is proved to be translated correctly.  How can it be proved?

In a different direction...

There is some basic inherent logic at hand so simple that it is constantly overlooked.

God if you believe in him would be perfection and perfection is above all consistent.

If god is consistent then he would have only one organization that would serve as his means of divinely communicating with the people. He would essentially have one gospel and not a bunch of deviations.  Deviations lead to misinterpretation which is a tool skillfully used by Satan.

I think the mistake our society has made is that that we believe that we are too intelligent to need god or in many cases so arrogant that we rationalize deviations in our basic fundamental beliefs to the point of obscurity.  This is not something new.  This system of thought has occurred before and has always lead to destruction.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Oct 22 2005, 10:50 PM)
*******Satan***************

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2005, 07:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Oct 23 2005, 09:25 AM)
Unlike the example of God, you dont know that a seatbelt will save your life.  Besides, a seatbelt has the side effect of not always being necessary.  Let me give you a better analogy to your God reference earlier

bluedeath

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Oct 23 2005, 01:25 AM)
Name another time that "hubiristic atheism" has condemned a society, sparring of course the examples of the bible.(either the bible is false, or God wouldnt bother to list stories of times that society had succeded without him)

T.bag

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

huh.gif

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(bluedeath @ Oct 23 2005, 08:44 PM)
What is hubiristic atheism?  Do you mean huberistic or heuristic?  Not trying to be an ass just both mean something different.

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 08:01:00 AM »

Wow, so if two straight people are having sex, and one has AIDS, it is hard to transmit? Didnt know that

If a man has sex with an infected female his "risk" of contracting HIV is a lot less than vise versa.

Source

(AP) Bones discovered nearly 40 years ago in Ethiopia now appear to be the oldest known fossils of modern-looking humans, says an analysis that suggests they come from around the dawn of the species.

Researchers determined that the specimens are around 195,000 years old. Previously, the oldest known fossils of Homo sapiens were Ethiopian skulls dated to about 160,000 years ago.

Lets see Ethiopia refered to as Nubia in the Christian Bible is the oldest christian country in the WORLD.

Actually Jesus christ probably grew up in Ethiopia or N. Africa after the attempt on his life by the greeks.

The oldest human remains were found in South Africa? How old were they? And how did South Africa get up to the Middle East. You would have to cross some pretty rough terrain? Well if it took them a couple of centuries, sure, but if it took them a week, then this seems somewhat suspect.

Subsaharan africans have the longest DNA chromosne sequence of any other people on the face of the earth.

Interpretation this means that thier race is the oldest.

For many years, evolutionists have said that humans evolved in Africa. Studies of the Y-chromosomes of living men (only males have a Y) were used to support this theory. African males have more differences among their Y DNA than on other continents. So, researchers assumed that this meant that humans have been there longer than anyplace else.

Source

Funny since the bible also says this.  Sorry to injure your  "WHITE PRIDE" pugster and master race bolgna

You would have to cross some pretty rough terrain? Well if it took them a couple of centuries, sure, but if it took them a week, then this seems somewhat suspect.

Since you dont believe this you cant possibly blieve in evolution, how did mankind populate the earth.

Oh, let me guess a large spaceship that sits atop pyramids transports humans from africa to north america, or the Titanic took people to Australia.   laugh.gif

Trust me, or go read a book.

No, Thanks you are a moron.  ph34r.gif

lordvader129

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2005, 08:24:00 AM »

you just contradicted yourself xmedia, saying th eold human remains were found in south africa, then posting an article stating the oldest were found in ethiopia, i think yo uneed to read a map, then a book

believing all humans are descened from noah is just are crazy as you claim evolution to be, if we all came from one family we'd all he be inbred as hell

hebrews didnt build pyramids, archeological evidence shows that the builders of the pyramids were well cared for, respected and when they died they were even buried in shadow of the pyramid, certainly an honor not given to mere slaves
this is not to say hebrews were never slaves in africa, they just didnt build the pyramids (the bible even says they were building mud huts, not pyramids)

and i think those catholic "passes" were to bypass purgatory and go straight to heaven, right?

xmedia2004

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2005, 09:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Oct 24 2005, 04:35 PM)
you just contradicted yourself xmedia, saying th eold human remains were found in south africa, then posting an article stating the oldest were found in ethiopia, i think yo uneed to read a map, then a book

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(puckSR @ Oct 22 2005, 04:50 PM)
I have heard many arguments against God directly intervening, but obviously if you knew that God existed(knowing is different than believing), you would have no choice but to worship him.

Obviously you don't understand the real freedom of choice.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Organized Religion
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »

The first pyramids were "baked mud blocks" evolving into cut stone in Giza and Mexico.

theres no archiological or historical evidence to show pyramids were ever built of mud blocks in egypt, the first pyramid is the (stone) step pyramid of pharoah djoser
user posted image

before that the pharoahs tombs were stone mustabas, like this one
user posted image
in fact even djosers pyramid started as a mastaba, shown in this cross-section
user posted image

older mastabas may have been built of mud, but they certainly werent pyramids

besides, the pyramids had to built of very exacting specification or else the pharoah couldnt ascend to to the heavens and take his place among the stars, something as important as the pharoahs afterlife wouldnt be trusted to slaves, especially ones who didnt like him very much, it would have been far too easy for them to sabotage it

and grafitti found in the great pyramid at giza showed the work gangs honored and respected the pharoah

In the biblical context we are all descendants of noah, wether you believe or not that is your perogative just stating a biblical fact.

biblical fact eh? problem is not everyone takes the bible as hard fact, makes debate very difficult, we'll probably just have to let this issue drop
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15