xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: (usa) Congress Declares War On P2p And File Leaker  (Read 980 times)

SuperDumbell

• Archived User
(usa) Congress Declares War On P2p And File Leaker
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »

It really does not matter what law they pass there is always going to be people that will share illegal files and movies on the Internet, there are LOTS of people that like to share and get files illegaly no matter what they do people will always do it because that is what they are used to doing. Even if they take out one file shearer 10 more will come in its place. Even the Prohibition of Alcohol in the 1920s did not stop people from drinking all it did was move it underground. and all this will do the the P2P networks is move more of them underground and them harder to find.

This post has been edited by SuperDumbell: Apr 20 2005, 11:14 PM

green_beetle

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »

would this give the power to the RIAA and the MPAA to give the same fines to international offenders?

WisdomWolf

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »

I agree that this is a bunch of BS.  There have been new laws and new threats for quite a while, but p2p is here to stay and I don't think that they will be successful in doing anything other than making it harder to catch people.  CD's aren't the only things that are expensive.  How about software like Adobe Primere or even MS Office, things that everyday people need for work or school.  I think that companies are just getting dumber by raising their prices as they are practically forcing normal people to turn into :gasp: pirates.  O well let them try as they might, they will just fall on their face as they have done in the past.   :evil:

ruli00

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(buttface96 @ Apr 20 2005, 06:53 PM)
Exactly I went to Borders the other day to look at CD's, it was $15 for a AC-DC cd that had only 8 songs. WTF

I don't even go to the movies or buy cds dvds any more (unless its ebay)
and the only movie I'm going to see this year at the theater is the new
Star Wars and that will cost me $18 after the ticket, a drink and candy or popcorn.

Jfave

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2005, 04:24:00 PM »

All I can say is WTF... this is a sad, sad, day....

HornstarBU

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 04:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Joergen @ Apr 20 2005, 05:04 PM)
I'm glad I dont go to the movies any more and dont buy music.. they wont get a single cent from me. I wish more people would do the same. Find something better to do, like playing videogames.

I'm with you buddy.  I'm not going to feed the pigs... they'll just get fatter and greedier.

This post has been edited by HornstarBU: Apr 20 2005, 11:41 PM

wildwild100s

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »

hey to save money when you're going to the movies is bring your own candy and drinks, and hey while you're in the movie theater stay and watch another one, !!!

Shaolinwarrior348

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »

All this is going to do is make more people want to file share. Congress is dumb as hell. The THE NUMBER ONE WAY to make something popular is to restrict it. If the big buissiness (yea sony and interscope im looking at you)really are taking a hit to a wallet as bad as they want us to think (by the way their not) to fix the problem they shoud just poor in resources  to  get the people who all ready use P2P instead of outlawing it and opening up a whole new bucket of crabs. :grr:

Me personaly i don't really care i buy CD's i think are worth the price tag.

oh yea artist make close to nothing of other albums. All money comes from indorsments and live shows. So don't believe the guilt trip crap the big companies are going to try to send people on buy using the artist like pawns.

Allibaster

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

It seems like this thing happens every now and then. Remember the teenagers getting sued? Napster being shut down? It changed the game mildly. Nothing's going to stop P2P or torrents. Fuck those Washington fat cats! There's a reason why we use P2P; rediculous prices.

majinsoftware

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »

if it comes in im not giving bush my vote every again.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »

that you voted for him in the first place is a shame, but for this to sway you away from that is non-sensical...

This post has been edited by gcskate27: Apr 20 2005, 11:59 PM

SMTP

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(themadman123 @ Apr 20 2005, 10:29 PM)
Yeah, its really sad who much America has its priorites screwed up...Ok we can either use the man force to take out REAL criminals that hurt REAL people everyday, or we can just go ahead and use all these resources to make everyday people SEEM like criminals so that Big Corperate Companies make more money......I'm proud to be an american...... :angry:

This right here is the stupidest thing I have ever read. They are not wasting resources on this, they dont SEEM to think you are a criminal, you ARE a criminal.

You are stealing the things people took TIME AND EFFORT to make and you are just taking it without even giving them a penny. How would you like it if you made software and everyone pirates it instead of buying it, and then you go broke?

Even big companys will lose out all of their money due to pirating...

Think about it

HooDoo

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(majinsoftware @ Apr 20 2005, 05:49 PM)
if it comes in im not giving bush my vote every again.

AtTheEndOfAllThings

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »

I predict that theres going to be a mass downloading frenzy once this law is put into effect. Sorta like Napster when it got shut down... the day before the ruling people downloaded like they had never downloaded before. But I still wonder how this is going to affect the ways people find out that you've downloaded it or not.

::cough:: isohunt.com hurry ::cough::

intrikit

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2005, 06:34:00 PM »

Nothing is going to change... It's like anything "big" that happens here... The media blows it up. A handful of unlucky people get their lives ruined because they didnt "buy" the music on the cd-r the cop found under their back seat. Then after a few people get nailed, all the little girls and boys will stop downloading the mp3's and avi's and will still not buy cd's and movies because they are only 15 and have no money. I don't buy music, movies, software, games, etc... is because i dont have to and have the knowledge of how to get it elsewhere. I wont stop downloading, modding, and terrorizing Big Coroporation just because some "Bill" gets passed.

And another thing, when it comes to music i have noticed the only people who cry about people stealing their music are the ones who charge 80$ to go see them live for 45mins to an hour of stage time and never do the free shows or the local clubs. Almost all "ARTISTS" would love to have 200 million people spending their free time trying to hunt down their works of art just so they can listen to them and brighten their day.

In conclusion: Screw you Big Corp, Screw you Govt. for getting involved, and Screw you all that let this bill scare you away from getting your download on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6