xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Freed Guantanamo Four  (Read 237 times)

Arvarden

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« on: January 27, 2005, 09:02:00 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4211145.stm

What kind of threat do these poeple pose to society?  The US incarcerated men for 3 years, with holding evidence from the British government and the mens family's and wacko Bush and his cronnies believe they are still terrorists.

So the question I ask is why are they free!

The US calls itself a Democracy?

Don't make me  :lol:
 <

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Arvarden @ Jan 27 2005, 11:22 AM)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4211145.stm

What kind of threat do these poeple pose to society?  The US incarcerated men for 3 years, with holding evidence from the British government and the mens family's and wacko Bush and his cronnies believe they are still terrorists.

So the question I ask is why are they free!

The US calls itself a Democracy?
Don't make me  :lol:

Let me guess. They went on vacation to Afganistan and were on a hunting trip with the rest of their boyscout troop when the big bad American soldiers captured them as POW's?

I guess they should have stayed home in England instead of going to Afganistan to be combatants. They should be thankfull that they weren't shot dead there or turned over to a Afgan warlord.

<

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »

The US doesnt detain people in Guantanamo for shits and giggles.
If you are there, there is a reason you are there.

<

gronne

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(xbox beat box @ Jan 27 2005, 06:12 PM)
The US doesnt detain people in Guantanamo for shits and giggles.
If you are there, there is a reason you are there.

How can you know??? If USA can't provide real proof of their affiliations with terror they have NO right to keep them there. And as of now they haven't provided much proof for most of the prisoners. At least they should trial them instead of letting them rot in a sick base. It's actually insane how USA dare to operate this completely illegal base in the 21'st century. I hope they sue USA for millions upon millions for their treatment. <

pepsik

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »

They would have to do it in the international court, which this president does not recognize as a legal entity.  No US court would allow any civilian to sue the united states government, it is infalible in the eyes of the law. <

gronne

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(pepsik @ Jan 27 2005, 09:54 PM)
They would have to do it in the international court, which this president does not recognize as a legal entity.  No US court would allow any civilian to sue the united states government, it is infalible in the eyes of the law.

Click here. Maybe you're refering to something else than the link I showed, but I figure this would be interesting eventhough it's old. I mean it can't be impossible to sue USA, right? I remember Bush not allowing US soldiers to be trialed in the international court(which is incredibly stupid), but this is not the same, right? <

SKoT

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 03:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(gronne @ Jan 27 2005, 09:39 PM)
How can you know??? If USA can't provide real proof of their affiliations with terror they have NO right to keep them there. And as of now they haven't provided much proof for most of the prisoners. At least they should trial them instead of letting them rot in a sick base. It's actually insane how USA dare to operate this completely illegal base in the 21'st century. I hope they sue USA for millions upon millions for their treatment.

umm... have you been there? They watch DirectTV in case you didnt know. <

pepsik

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(gronne @ Jan 27 2005, 10:41 PM)
Click here. Maybe you're refering to something else than the link I showed, but I figure this would be interesting eventhough it's old. I mean it can't be impossible to sue USA, right? I remember Bush not allowing US soldiers to be trialed in the international court(which is incredibly stupid), but this is not the same, right?

He can sue all he wants but he isn't going to get a penny. Unless the UN steps in and forces the verdict to be compensated, and we all know that isn't going to happen. <

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

The UN?!  :rotfl: <

gronne

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(pepsik @ Jan 28 2005, 12:17 AM)
Unless the UN steps in and forces the verdict to be compensated, and we all know that isn't going to happen.

No, that's unfortunately true. After USA decided to go to war, they tramped heavily on U.N. and made the most important institution in the world look like a fool. So now they have to rebuild it's reputation eventhough USA keep tramping on it. Tragic to say the least. <

SKoT

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »

firstly , the UN has wasted its own rep. with the scandals and being giant pussies and whatnought.

secondly, i love how you refuse to recognize my directTV quote. They dont have too terribly of a bad life there. How about you stop ASSuming and go read something other than your own posts <

K98

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »

No, that's unfortunately true. After USA decided to go to war, they tramped heavily on U.N. and made the most important institution in the world look like a fool.

Had to come out sometime. <

gronne

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 01:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(SKoT @ Jan 28 2005, 06:01 AM)
firstly , the UN has wasted its own rep. with the scandals and being giant pussies and whatnought.

secondly, i love how you refuse to recognize my directTV quote. They dont have too terribly of a bad life there. How about you stop ASSuming and go read something other than your own posts

Oh, sorry. To be honest I never even saw your reply, and I don't know the concept of directtv. If you're not refering to regular tv. And if that's what you mean, I have to say that some people have a funny way of looking at what's good for you. "Hey guys, the bad part is that we're going to lock you up now, because you might be threats to us, but the good part is that you get free cable. Woohoo."

And I agree with you that U.N did some really stupid things. But USA is acting like it's an unnecessary organisation that should be no more. Wasn't there some republicans that seriously demanded U.N.'s HQ's to be busted out of USA? <

pepsik

• Archived User
Freed Guantanamo Four
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(SKoT @ Jan 28 2005, 06:01 AM)

secondly, i love how you refuse to recognize my directTV quote. They dont have too terribly of a bad life there. How about you stop ASSuming and go read something other than your own posts

DirectTV? You seriously believe that? So after the hours of torture from CIA agents and special forces operatives, the prisoners can relax with a steaming cup of cocoa and watch reality tv while they lick their wounds?

Look into the torture related deaths at guantanamo bay, they are using tactics authorized by Mr. Rumsfeld that the North Vietnamese used on our POWs in the 70's. Electro shock "therapy" and getting the crap kicked out of me would not be paradise to me even if they did include DirectTv. Not all the prisoners there were snatched from afghanistan, there is about a handful that were stolen from their residences in the united states and the united kingdom that have no idea why they are there, or where they are as a matter of fact, imprisoned without a trial, and totrured daily until someone deems that they have no information to give.

It's a big mess, and Mr. Bush's response on the matter was something along the lines of, " the american people had a choice to continue with my administration, and they chose me, meaning that we are doing what the american people want us to do" not exact quote but like I said along those lines. <

pepsik

• Archived User