xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 25,000 Dead And Counting  (Read 549 times)

tarheelsnipe

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

Tsunami Sanriku, Japan, in 1896 - 27,000 (held the record for most killed until now)

got it from the guiness book of world records.  not sure why they listed this one instead of the 1991 tsunami.  maybe it has to do with verifiable sources or something.  not too sure.  interesting point though.

big_xbox_n00bie

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »

The usa and west are doing shit towards t his more people are dying by the day, i was so happy when i found out my relatives in india werent hurt.

THis  has been a very sad week.

-BxN

The unProfessional

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2004, 03:26:00 PM »

I love this sudden attack on the "West's" aid effort.  Such bullshit.  If you pulled your head out of CNN you'd realize that the US and Britain have always provided generous aid in times of need.  I don't see you bitching about China or Korea - both providing virtually nothing.
The "West" has also shouldered the Lion's share of AIDS relief, amongst other efforts.

I'm also glad your relatives in India weren't hurt - It could've been a worse week, no?

The unProfessional

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

Whatever the numbers might be, it's individuals, not just governments, who're responsible for the aid effort.  So rather than spend your time slandering government efforts, perhaps you should take a step back and give a little.

Arvarden

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

The generosity of the British people is really breath taking, our government offered 15 mil in aid and the British public rasied 20 mil in one day, making a total of 35 mil so far (£).

"Can't you see we're fighting a war"

lol ffs, the war is finished the coalitions job is to keep the peace.

gronne

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

Please. I didn't expect much from this forum, but I expected no one to bring this into politics. Such incredibly cynical comments I've seen so far. Some of you are really heartless. I'm glad Self and some others try to keep this out of politics.

This tradgedy keeps getting worse all the time, and I feel so incredibly sad for the people living in the area. Not only have they lost many relatives, but no one will help them with hardly anything. I feel like turning of the news as I almost vomit the more I hear. I'm serious, I can't take it anymore, and I don't even personally know anyone who's dead. I know a few that's been really injured, and I'm very afraid I might know some of the dead, as a few of the lost ones come from my small town. I just want this nightmare to be over...

BTW: I know you can blame USA for a lot of things, like not giving hardly any aid to other countries, but this natural disaster can't be blamed on the US. We will know a lot more in a few months who acted badly in this situation. If anyone had ANY idea how bad this would be, I'm sure everyone would've helped instantly. Even USA.

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »

I guess you forgot this was the internet? As for your extreme case of depression, maybe you should seek some counseling. It is perfectly normal to feel sad, but to feel sick, is a bit extreme, and maybe a result of other psychological stress. Maybe I think this way because I am so desensitized, I guess I can thank TV for that.

Baner

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2004, 03:00:00 PM »

It is perfectly normal to feel sad, but to feel sick, is a bit extreme, and maybe a result of other psychological stress

No, to feel so sad that it makes you sick is a human trait, it's called emotion.  This may not be that emotional effecting as some other events that could happen, but some people try to feel the pain that half the world is suffering from. I really don't want to turn this into a flame fest, but you have to realize that something like this can, and will affect people different.
Maybe I think this way because I am so desensitized, I guess I can thank TV for that.

Ok, so maybe i was lying about that flamefest thing... you can thank yourself, for being such a prick. You, like many millions of Americans blame tv for all thier problems. "Oh, the Fuckin McDonalds burger on the tv looked so good, so I had ot get eat one. And now I'm fat! I'm sueing!" Maybe if you pulled your ass out of your "VHS and Beta" role models asses, you could realize that people are what they are, because of what they were born with, not what they see.

As for America not doing enough, they've said that they are going to donate $350,000,000(largest single donation by any single country)  to the fund, that's just the government, not to mention the increasing dollars being donated by everyday people.

Last I heard, 125,000 dead, but this will sky rocket once people discover that they're relatives aren't coming home...

Colonel32

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2004, 05:14:00 PM »

wink.gif

big_xbox_n00bie

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »

So i was a little harsh...

The uk has the most money from a country
Also im pleased to see that USA have uped their fund too

The hard part is getting the stuff there...

-BxN

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2004, 08:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(Baner @ Dec 31 2004, 11:31 PM)
No, to feel so sad that it makes you sick is a human trait, it's called emotion.  This may not be that emotional effecting as some other events that could happen, but some people try to feel the pain that half the world is suffering from. I really don't want to turn this into a flame fest, but you have to realize that something like this can, and will affect people different.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(EverythingButAnAnswer @ Dec 31 2004, 11:25 PM)
Last I remember you were the one enjoying those God awful abominations known only as McGriddles. I don't recall blaming TV for all my problems (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). The reason I mentioned TV was because it's a fact that extended exposure to violent\depressing\chaotic images results in desensitization, but maybe you are right, and the combination of genetics and the fact that this affects no one I know leads me not to care. Also you aren't born with laziness, laziness is a learned trait. The fact that you feel someone’s success it predetermined on a genetic level sickens me, and leads me to believe in all seriousness that you are in fact an idiot or a Nazi. By the way what is this, "VHS and Beta"?

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »

Good night. Sleep tight.

SKoT

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

anyone who doesnt think that the US is helping ALOT is a moron.

Our government has sent loads of stuff, not to mention all of our non-profit organizations going over there and sending loads of crap.

Oh and all the muslims now crying that used to hate america, "Help us USA!" make me sick.

^only the ones that are the violent kind mind you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4