xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: 25,000 Dead And Counting  (Read 546 times)

gronne

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« on: December 27, 2004, 10:42:00 AM »

I just had to write about this extremely tragical event which the whole world suffer now. This doesn't only affect India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia and Thailand but the whole world. It probably shouldn't be compared to the genocide in Rwanda since it wasn't a natural disaster and more died there, but it was the greatest tragedy that came to mind. The world will be on test now, to show solidarity with all the victims of the tsunami. Europe has initially aided with much help, I suppose North America has done the same. I won't pray, as I'm not religious, but my mind goes to all the suffering people. I can only wish the number won't rise too much more. Such a sad anti-climax of the christmas.

?P^}D>

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

You act like you care, but you don't give a shit. You are not a true humanitarian, after all humanity is a cancer and this is nature's way of saying fuck off. I bet if Che or some other charismatic communist douche did it you wouldn't feel so sad.

nemt

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

Communism has killed over 100,000,000, make a post for them, Che.

gronne

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »

Please, don't be cynical about this. This doesn't have anything to do with politics. But for the record I've never emphazised with Stalin who I think is no better than Hitler. If you don't think I'm a humanitarian, then I can only say you're wrong. I rather often give charity-money to various organisations such as Green-peace and the red cross.

Don't write about politics on this one as it has nothing to do with it.

The first responses were directly cynical and I'm sorry about that. I know people who got wounded in the event, and I don't need to here cynical comments about it. I thought it was horrible when your country suffered the last time. Show some respect here.

pepsik

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

hmm, so your alter ego fektion got banned because of your nazi propaganda and now your new alter ego is symbols. You should really seek professional help regarding your multpile personality disorder nemt. You talk to yourself to often, maybe it's time to leave the cyberworld and venture into the real world for some giggles.

?P^}D>

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 03:53:00 PM »

That means a lot coming from a poser like you, fuck off. :rotfl:

@gronne: Do some fucking community service, money means nothing, put some fucking time and effort into your bullshit.

polyesterjones

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...a_earthquake_29

Just adding to the drama I suppose.  

However, I was pretty concerned about this when I heard about it.  I have an uncle stationed at the Diego Garcia Naval Support Facility, but now that I know that they weren't hit, I'm not too concerned about it.

Sure, no one wants to hear or experience the death of 25 000+ people, but it happens.  Just going to have to deal with it and move on.

This post has been edited by polyesterjones: Dec 28 2004, 12:04 AM

nemt

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(pepsik @ Dec 27 2004, 03:45 PM)
hmm, so your alter ego fektion got banned because of your nazi propaganda and now your new alter ego is symbols. You should really seek professional help regarding your multpile personality disorder nemt. You talk to yourself to often, maybe it's time to leave the cyberworld and venture into the real world for some giggles.

As much as I'm sure you'd like to believe there's only one person here who isn't part of the looney left propaganda machine, both fektion and this new person clearly have nothing to do with me.

Anyway, it's sad these 25,000 people died, but no one here needs to fish for an atta'boy humanitarian reply.  So what if you give money to charity, unless you've taken a vow a poverty and live just like those you give your "charity" to, all you're doing is making yourself feel better.

SKoT

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

damn george bush and his underworld earthquakes

TNHitokiri

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »

I find this sad, cuz Im from Sri Lanka and I live in the States..  Luckily none of my relatives were hurt, just a few feet of water..  I think that its sad that 25000 died but it was a natural thing, you cant stop that..

This isnt a thing to be sad for, something like WWII, Vietnam, and all the other wars are to be sad for.. People that purposly hunt down the enemy to kill..  wtf is wrong with humanity?

brandogg

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »

That is an absolutely astonishing figure. 25,000 people killed from a fucking earthquake. My heart goes out to everyone affected by this. Damn.

pug_ster

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »

I think the count is 44,000 now.

bluedeath

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »

Many of the beaches that were hit are known for selling children to European tourists.  A European man can by a young boy and then have him killed later for a few dollars.  

Very timely being christmas day.  He goes out like a lamb and comes in like a lion.

afon

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »

Who ever said that communism has killed, you are a douche. A person with 1% of true historical knowledge would know that true communism has never been in place. That was lenninism. And indeed, the tsunami was tragic. Fox News is saying the numbers could be much higher. That sucks.

gronne

• Archived User
25,000 Dead And Counting
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

I won't reply to political posts or posts decribing me negatively here, as it's rediculous and very tasteless to be so cynical. This is above all politics.

This disaster has affected my country heavily (Sweden), as there were 20,000-30,000 swedish tourists in Thailand when it happened (very famous resort for swedes). It affects you a lot more when you can relate to it from something.

Earlier today one of my friends called me to tell what happened to his boss down there. He had went to Thailand with his whole family, wife and two daughters, and he was on the beach when the tsunami surprised them. The whole family got separated in the waves, and he got knocked out. He woke up in a hospital, and directly decided to search for his family. The first thing he saw when he got out of the hospital was his wife hanging dead in a tree, and his daughters were lost in the waves. So he has come back home to Sweden now without his family. A major tragedy of course. Several kids have come home alone, because their parents have died. I don't think you should compare tragedies, but of course the people of Sri Lanka, and India will suffer even more, as many more of them have died and they can't get help to any kind of recovery from their countries.

1,500 swedes have not yet reported back to any government authorities, and most of them are believed to have died as they stayed in Khao Lak, which was one of the most devestated resorts. There's no end to this tragedy. The only thing that's "positive" about this must be that it's not a terrorist attack.

Polyester: Of course it happens but it shouldn't be accepted that they didn't have a warning system. So many lives could've been saved if they were warned. But now it's only to accept it's happened, but it'll take a long time to recover.

My government is being heavily criticized they didn't send planes themselves, they relied on the travel agencies, which is really sad as I expected more from my government in these situations, but now planes are on their way.

The count is at a staggering 60,000 now. 60,000 doesn't say you much as none of us can relate to that massive amountof people. I will actually quote the awful Stalin "One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is statistics". Unfortunately he was right about that. But no sane person can look at the situation and say who cares, as this is one of the most awful tragedies we've seen for many years.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4