xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Is Happening To Our Country  (Read 161 times)

celinedrules

• Archived User
What Is Happening To Our Country
« on: December 10, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »

What is going on with all these Christian people haters lately. I mean Target/Best Buy not allowing the Salvation Army outside. That parade where the Christain group wasn't allowed to participate cause they wanted to sing Christmas carols. Then I heard last night that a school pulled all the radios out of there busses because some radio stations were playing Christmas music.

This is absolutely rediculous. Come n people get a freakin grip.

b-gates

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »

It's a celebration of belief and apparently that's not allowed these days.

Political correctness gone mad mate. :blink:

blueshogun96

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »

And yet America respects the Muslims religious cerimonies 100%  The US military a few years ago postponed bombings of terrorist camps because it was their "holy day".  Palistinians attack jews on the holy days.  America is so soft and constantly betraying the constitution.  With liberty and justice for all, not anymore <_<

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »

Democrats - that's the problem.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 10:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (celinedrules @ Dec 11 2004, 01:23 AM)
What is going on with all these Christian people haters lately. I mean Target/Best Buy not allowing the Salvation Army outside. That parade where the Christain group wasn't allowed to participate cause they wanted to sing Christmas carols. Then I heard last night that a school pulled all the radios out of there busses because some radio stations were playing Christmas music.

This is absolutely rediculous. Come n people get a freakin grip.

I think that the salvation army bell ringers represent more of what christmas should be about and these retail stores cannot have that.  Heaven forbid we all get a mild dose of reality before we spend our fake money on our credit cards for fake gifts.  If people were actually thinking before they went into debt for this holiday then these stores would go bankrupt.

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 01:37:00 AM »

Christmas is a joke any way. Half the people who celebrate Christmas don’t know what it really means, the other half thinks they know what it means but couldn’t tell you what it means. Than theres the people who know full well Christmas is a joke and that Jesus wasn’t really bourn on Dec 25th but celebrate it so as to “not rock the boat” with their families.

As for the retail stores not letting the bell ringers ring their bells out side their store, great. Do you have any idea how ANNOYING it is to hear that bell ringing for 8+ hours for weeks on end? If I owned a retail store I wouldn’t let them stand out side my door either.

As for the schools pulling the radios out the busses, thats a little odd, but oh well. Maybe all the drivers got sick of hearing that Christmas music all day on the radio than they walked into a retail store to hear the damn bell ringing and than having the store play even more Christmas music so they went into work the next morning all pissed off so their bosses took the radios out so the drivers would have a better day.  :unsure:

My question is, do you really need to take one day out of the year to give presents to friends and loved ones?

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 02:30:00 AM »

I mean Target/Best Buy not allowing the Salvation Army outside.

b/c they are harrassing people for their money? these same outraged "christians" who are upset about this are the same people complaining to stores about panhandelers in the parking lots... huge lot of hypocrites they are... <_<

*of course they dont want their faults pointed out to them... might just burst their bubble of a wirld they live in...

This post has been edited by gcskate27: Dec 11 2004, 10:31 AM

celinedrules

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 05:40:00 AM »

Lets say that these stores didnt want the bell ringers outside because they were harassing people for money or were annoying. Why dont they say thats the reason why. Dont make up some crap that they would have to let every charity stand out there. That is not true cause its private property so they have a right to choose who they want.  I dont understand how they could be harassing people, all they do is stand there ringing the bell. They dont even say anything. It doesnt bother me at all.

SKoT

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 07:54:00 AM »

I have seen some of those salvation army people shouting at the top of their lungs out side wal mart about donating and heaven and hell and that kind of crap, just a little info.

Trisman

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 01:08:00 AM »

They probably pulled the radios out of the buses because the students were convincing the busdrivers to let them listen to "inappropriate" music.  They did that in my school district right before I dropped out.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »

I heard that some of these salvation army people are replaced by dummies with music playing in the background.  Talking about being outsourced.

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

I've heard a lot about this lately. But I can't seem to find any organization or group calling for this. Why?

If I watched the news it would seem there is a lot of anti religious groups fighting christmas yet I can't find a single one.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

I have seen some of those salvation army people shouting at the top of their lungs out side wal mart about donating and heaven and hell and that kind of crap, just a little info.

I usually volunteer and stand kettles most christmas'es.  including this one.  Never seen anybody doing that, we wouldn't get anything if we did that.  All you can do is smile and say merry christmas, god bless you, or hello.  I find that the bell helps a lot, but wal-marts and malls tend to be not very good places for kettles.
As for the retail stores not letting the bell ringers ring their bells out side their store, great. Do you have any idea how ANNOYING it is to hear that bell ringing for 8+ hours for weeks on end? If I owned a retail store I wouldn’t let them stand out side my door either.

If you were bothered by it, couldn't you politely ask for them to just not ring the bell?  Ringing the bell is not a requirement (at least in Canada).

powerplay

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

Yes i hate cristians and they gay jewish jesus god because the god is not the god he is a fucking gay (he did not have a gf or was interested in 1) criminal who slaked all his life. I want all cristians to die ... no seriously.

When i read the post i was so happy to see that im not the 1 who also hates cristian people. The gay cristmas song needs to be more original i also hate it and i dont celebrate cristmas (birth of a gay fucking jew) i celebrate new year.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (powerplay @ Dec 12 2004, 03:58 PM)
Yes i hate cristians and they gay jewish jesus god because the god is not the god he is a fucking gay (he did not have a gf or was interested in 1) criminal who slaked all his life. I want all cristians to die ... no seriously.

When i read the post i was so happy to see that im not the 1 who also hates cristian people. The gay cristmas song needs to be more original i also hate it and i dont celebrate cristmas (birth of a gay fucking jew) i celebrate new year.

actually, this topic (not post) is pro-Christmas.  So you didn't read it at all.
By the way you should keep your homophobic feelings to yourself, all it does is show how uncomfortable you are with your own sexuality.