xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The Terrorists Might Have Lasers  (Read 142 times)

bluedeath

• Archived User
The Terrorists Might Have Lasers
« on: December 10, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

Even though this is supposed to be a serious article from CNN I can't help but laugh.  Lasers

FektionFekler

• Archived User

blueshogun96

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 04:24:00 PM »

It's hard to believe these broke little bastards can afford lazers
(IMG:http://www.geocities.com/raditz46360/mslu0004.JPG).

(IMG:http://www.geocities.com/raditz46360/mslu0008.JPG)

This post has been edited by blueshogun96: Dec 11 2004, 12:32 AM

Trisman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 01:00:00 AM »

The British did something like that in North Africa during World War II to protect the Suez canal form Nazi bombers, but they used strobe lights.  This actually makes sense, prison guards and riot control police officers sometimes use a similar weapon.  Though if I were them I would be using them in Iraq to bring down helicopters (low-flying, normally slower speed, large windows).  I'd actually be extremly suprised if the US Military didnt have something similar that they're working on.

krustytheclown

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »

In the Tom Clancy novel Executive Orders, two of the CIA officils use spot lights to crash airliners. Its not a bad idea.

TamaNeko

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 04:27:00 AM »

I'm actually more surprised that terrorists aren't using more high-tech methods to wreck havoc on the U.S. With the right amount of skills, EM bombs can be easily and cheaply made. A EM bomb disguised as a simple radio or laptop on a plane would be even more devastating than lasers. Let's just hope the terrorists don't catch on to this...  :(

fishlord

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (TamaNeko @ Dec 17 2004, 12:59 PM)
I'm actually more surprised that terrorists aren't using more high-tech methods to wreck havoc on the U.S. With the right amount of skills, EM bombs can be easily and cheaply made. A EM bomb disguised as a simple radio or laptop on a plane would be even more devastating than lasers. Let's just hope the terrorists don't catch on to this...  :(

But that would defeat the mounting them to sharks stratagy.  

and screw disguising it... didnt a fake bomb get through undetected at chicago or somewhere?