xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Us Rejects Climate Policy Attacks  (Read 926 times)

pegasys

• Archived User
Us Rejects Climate Policy Attacks
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 05:58:00 AM »

while i see your point in the fact, that global warming may not be cause by us, I diagree with that. I have dine studies and research on it my self for school, and have found that it is true.  It appears that the argument is not about the US not entering into the treaty.  It is about whether humans can and have effected the climate.  So noone can win the argument because, if you bnelive that it is based on bad science than all my aand your counter arguments are declared null and void.

elfey1

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 05:58:00 AM »

smile.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 06:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (pegasys @ Dec 17 2004, 11:58 PM)
Greenhouse gasses keep the heat on earth, like a greenhouse, thus raising teperatures, it's a fact.  But it dosn't matter because by the time anyting happens we will all e dead anyway so fuck the next generation, or the one after that, right?  Or is that immoral, but I thouht our president was all for morality and preserving life?

Head for the hills, it's a degree warmer than it was a century ago?

pegasys

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 07:39:00 AM »

The idea is that if the trend continues, in a few hundred years there could bve catastrophic disaster.  But since most people are selfish capitalistic pigs(at times my self included) they only look at the short term.  If I was raking in millions and I would not fell the bad effects of what I was doing because I wopuld be dead already, I would be reluctant to stop doing it.  I understand Bush's position regardless of how much I disagree with it.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

..and yet, there's no scientific evidence to show greenhouse gases have any effect on global temperatures.  So you're scared for nothing?  Are you still pissed off you spend new year's eve 1999 in a bomb shelter?

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

I want to read Michael Chricton's new book.
He says that global warming is waaay overblown.

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mr. Chips @ Dec 18 2004, 04:05 PM)
I want to read Michael Chricton's new book.
He says that global warming is waaay overblown.

There's no proof it even exists.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

It is not just America that is not interested in this treaty.  Russia is in talks to withdrawl because they to see it as stopping the growth and forward movement of their country.  China, India, and most developing nations which have little CLEAN technology would be devastated if they were to cut their admissions.  Do you really think it is going to work?  Are you able to move forward without the United States holding your hands?  If you want to cut the gases, go for it.

Note:  Its currently 29 degrees (F) below 0 © where I am.  I am not outside in a T-shirt but I did just buy a winter coat most likely made in China.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »

laugh.gif

RonnieIsBack

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

laugh.gif ?

Anyway the US cant pull out of the kyoto treaty again.We did it one time and thats all we had to do.
Maybe youre missing the point.You dont know what causes global warming.So until we do we shouldnt make changes that could hurt our countrys economy.

I am all for cleaner fuels and stronger laws against pollution but the kyoto treaty was too much.Knee jerk reactions like this arent good for anyone.

And I just looked up some weather history for the UK.The city I checked is currently at the same temp as last year.(Leeds)

gronne

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

Say what you want about scientists knowledge of the environment. I definitely believe in the scientists. But all we know for sure is that we're getting a lot more natural disasters than we did a hundred years ago. And very pure logic says that our extreme consumption of oil and other destructive gases, ought to affect something. We KNOW that the holes on the ozon-layer are extremely much bigger than the first measurements.

Does any "real" scientist hesitate we're going towards warmer times? We can't just let this happen because we don't have evidence enough (which we sure do). If we spend some of our lovely money on technology that partly exist today, we can at least make sure we did what we could. Look at Iceland, they will be the first oil-free nation. Sure they've got splendid resources, but they set a standard.

Why do so many americans automatically choose not to believe in the scientists? They're not doing this because it's fun, all right? Do you really think so? It's a very logical concern, and should not be adressed as rediculous because you're concerned about your money. No fucking God will save us from this problem so you should stop acting like morons who give God the responsibility to fix this problem, so you can keep dancing around your happy tree. USA stand for 1/4th of all toxic waste, and should act like the "grown-up" nation it is, and help fixing the problem, not ignore it as rediculous.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »

Leave it up the Republican Noise Machine.  People like Rush Limbaugh can dispel any myth (like global warming) known to man even if they do not have the scientific knowledge.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »

Here is a conspiracy theory for you.

The European Union wants to limit the amount of GH gases so that they can limit the economic powers that are rising in Asia (mostly China) and India.  By cutting GH Gases they limit the production and growth of these new, fast rising, super powers because they (the EU) cannot keep up.  They fear that with the United States of America already have a Mammoth lead in Arms, Economics, and Science that if they were to fail again to Asia, India, and eventually Russia that they will become more and more alientated and become worthless to these new Super Powers.

Maybe the Climate in Politics is more scary to them than the actual GH Gases.

Just a crazy Conspiracy Theory that has no meaning, but it makes you think I guess.

FektionFekler

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Dec 19 2004, 02:54 AM)
Say what you want about scientists knowledge of the environment. I definitely believe in the scientists. But all we know for sure is that we're getting a lot more natural disasters than we did a hundred years ago. And very pure logic says that our extreme consumption of oil and other destructive gases, ought to affect something. We KNOW that the holes on the ozon-layer are extremely much bigger than the first measurements.

Does any "real" scientist hesitate we're going towards warmer times? We can't just let this happen because we don't have evidence enough (which we sure do). If we spend some of our lovely money on technology that partly exist today, we can at least make sure we did what we could. Look at Iceland, they will be the first oil-free nation. Sure they've got splendid resources, but they set a standard.

Why do so many americans automatically choose not to believe in the scientists? They're not doing this because it's fun, all right? Do you really think so? It's a very logical concern, and should not be adressed as rediculous because you're concerned about your money. No fucking God will save us from this problem so you should stop acting like morons who give God the responsibility to fix this problem, so you can keep dancing around your happy tree. USA stand for 1/4th of all toxic waste, and should act like the "grown-up" nation it is, and help fixing the problem, not ignore it as rediculous.

I believe the scientists too, especially the Nazi's research in ergonomics. rolleyes.gif

FektionFekler

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

user posted image
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8