xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Greatness Of Warriors?  (Read 406 times)

FektionFekler

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Dec 5 2004, 04:01 PM)
And Alexander actually was known as Alexander the awful(or something like that) to the persians. And he DEFINITELY didn't treat the persians nicely, unless you think rape and slaughter of innocents to be nice. However, he did intervene persian traditions with Macedonian traditions. He did that in order to easier handle the persians though.

And many do see Genghis Khan as a hero today as well. And I'm not talking about mongols. But Alexander is definitely more seen as a hero, than Genghis Khan is, but I can't see why. Nothing is great about someone who kill other people and his own friends.

It's acceptible to see a leader who fight for freedom, as a hero. But Alexander didn't fight for anyone's freedom. He only fought for his own ego. For crying out loud, he truly believed he was the son of Zeus. Is not that an insane man?

I hope historians will end this madness, and stop glorifying ruthless murderers. Who knows, one day we might look back at Hitler and Bush as heroes. This world is insane.

rotfl.gif For the record, I would like to state that you are an idiot. First off the term "GREAT" means nothing more than powerful, he was a man that accomplished some GREAT and AWESOME things during his life, some which few men of that time would have been capable of doing, that is why he is well so well suited of that title. Not everyone is like that of Ivan the Terrible (who was given that title at birth, although it suited him rather well throughout his reign). You are correct though, as I recall man was at his most civilized during the period of 356-323 BC (Alexander the Great) and not 1900- CE. rolleyes.gif Also, why do you think Persia is so great, did you forget about the Ottoman Empire (aka the "sick man", aka the "eastern question") and the Armenian Genocide?

gronne

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (FektionFekler @ Dec 5 2004, 07:11 PM)
rotfl.gif For the record, I would like to state that you are an idiot. First off the term "GREAT" means nothing more than powerful, he was a man that accomplished some GREAT and AWESOME things during his life, some which few men of that time would have been capable of doing, that is why he is well so well suited of that title. Not everyone is like that of Ivan the Terrible (who was given that title at birth, although it suited him rather well throughout his reign). You are correct though, as I recall man was at his most civilized during the period of 356-323 BC (Alexander the Great) and not 1900- CE. rolleyes.gif Also, why do you think Persia is so great, did you forget about the Ottoman Empire (aka the "sick man", aka the "eastern question") and the Armenian Genocide?

Who's the fucking idiot, here? Ivan the terrible got the name Grozny (thunderous or commonly The terrible) from his soldiers after a battle.

I sure know Great doesn't have to mean anything but powerful, but it IMPLIES goodness. Would people today think so well of him if he was remember as Alexander the terrible? I don't think so.

Most see Ivan as a negative conquerer probably due to his name the terrible. Alexander was no better, and would certainly earn the title the terrible as well.

Please read about Alexander's brutal outrage on the persians, and stop making ignorant posts.

So you're saying The Ottoman Empire got big due to Alexander the greats treatment of the persians? Fucking idiot.

nemt

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Dec 5 2004, 02:25 AM)
You mean the Hitler channel?   wink.gif

actually the've gotten better... for a while there it was NOTHING but WWII

Command Decisions > Every Other Show Ever

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

Alexander hated the Persians for attempting to invade his beloved Greece years earlier... I can certainly see why he would want retribution...

nemt

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Dec 5 2004, 03:08 PM)
Alexander hated the Persians for attempting to invade his beloved Greece years earlier... I can certainly see why he would want retribution...

The UN should've stopped him from invading Persia.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

FektionFekler

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Dec 5 2004, 07:49 PM)
Who's the fucking idiot, here? Ivan the terrible got the name Grozny (thunderous or commonly The terrible) from his soldiers after a battle.

I sure know Great doesn't have to mean anything but powerful, but it IMPLIES goodness. Would people today think so well of him if he was remember as Alexander the terrible? I don't think so.

Most see Ivan as a negative conquerer probably due to his name the terrible. Alexander was no better, and would certainly earn the title the terrible as well.

Please read about Alexander's brutal outrage on the persians, and stop making ignorant posts.

So you're saying The Ottoman Empire got big due to Alexander the greats treatment of the persians? Fucking idiot.

No Ivan (it is also widely believed that he suffered from paranoia, much like your beloved Stalin) was given that title at birth (his father raised him to be to be tyrant, beating and abusing him as a child, implying that using cruel and excessive force was the only way to maintain power), and he killed his own son in a fit of rage, that doesn't sound like a very "good" guy to me (but of course you must understand the time period, and that the rest of the world didn't act much different). Again, great doesn't imply good, it deals with power, and what that person was able to accomplish in his time, simply put "obtaining the unobtainable". You are still an idiot.

Just wanted to add, how the fuck did you draw this conclusion?
QUOTE (gronne @ Dec 5 2004, 07:49 PM)
 rotfl.gif
The only reason I brought up the Ottoman Empire is because you were praising the Persians like they were the greatest thing since sliced bread, and were innocent any crimes against humanity. As EmperorPsiblade previously stated, the Persians didn't show the Greeks much respect when Xerxes invaded them in 490 BC.

gronne

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Dec 5 2004, 08:08 PM)

The persians tried invading Greece several times, sometimes successful, sometimes not. Greece did the same to the persians. But no matter Alexander wanted revenge on the persians, he still continued to conquer other people that had nothing to do with the conflict. Don't make him some kind of martyr, please. He bragged about his greatness as a conquerer all the time. He didn't care 2/3's of his army died when he forced them to cross the dessert. The man was an insane murderer.

FektionFekler

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »

rotfl.gif Hypocrisy at it's finest. Che was a great man though right? Binding, gagging, and blindfolding someone and then shooting them in the back of the head while forcing their family watch is great isn't it, especially a thousand times over (a great tactic used by the Soviets and Nazi's to help discourage dissenters, of course they refer to it simply as "re-education")? Che was quite the humanitarian. rolleyes.gif His real name was fucking Ernesto what a faggot. "You idiot I idolize him for his struggle", in much the same way Neo Nazi's idolize Hitler and the Germans for their struggle. rotfl.gif

gronne

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (FektionFekler @ Dec 5 2004, 08:29 PM)
No Ivan (it is also widely believed that he suffered from paranoia, much like your beloved Stalin) was given that title at birth (his father raised him to be to be tyrant, beating and abusing him as a child, implying that using cruel and excessive force was the only way to maintain power), and he killed his own son in a fit of rage, that doesn't sound like a very "good" guy to me (but of course you must understand the time period, and that the rest of the world didn't act much different). Again, great doesn't imply good, it deals with power, and what that person was able to accomplish in his time, simply put "obtaining the unobtainable". You are still an idiot.

Just wanted to add, how the fuck did you draw this conclusion?
 rotfl.gif
The only reason I brought up the Ottoman Empire is because you were praising the Persians like they were the greatest thing since sliced bread, and were innocent any crimes against humanity. As EmperorPsiblade previously stated, the Persians didn't show the Greeks much respect when Xerxes invaded them in 490 BC.

You've got some serious problems with your attitude. I have never said I like Ivan at all, and I have never said anything about my attitude towards the persians. I'm not in favor of them as you obviously think. Where do you get everything from?

Ivan was just as bad as Alexander and Hitler and others. How can you debate with someone who insists saying Ivan was born with the name "the terrible"? Why don't you read about him and you'll see for yourself.

Stupid arguments about the meaning of great as well. I know it doesn't have to be positive at all, but please walk the street and ask people if they associate great as positive or negative. That's what I'm talking about.

And Xerxes invasion took place about 150 years before Alexander became king.

FektionFekler

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Dec 5 2004, 09:06 PM)
You've got some serious problems with your attitude. I have never said I like Ivan at all, and I have never said anything about my attitude towards the persians. I'm not in favor of them as you obviously think. Where do you get everything from?

Ivan was just as bad as Alexander and Hitler and others. How can you debate with someone who insists saying Ivan was born with the name "the terrible"? Why don't you read about him and you'll see for yourself.

Stupid arguments about the meaning of great as well. I know it doesn't have to be positive at all, but please walk the street and ask people if they associate great as positive or negative. That's what I'm talking about.

And Xerxes invasion took place about 150 years before Alexander became king.

What's a 150 years anyway? rotfl.gif I mean maybe we will get lucky and forget about the holocaust and 9/11 in another 100 years.

gronne

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2004, 12:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (FektionFekler @ Dec 5 2004, 09:02 PM)
Hypocrisy at it's finest. Che was a great man though right? I mean tying someone up and shooting them in the back of the head while having their family watch is great isn't it? Che was such a humanitarian. rolleyes.gif His real name was fucking Ernesto what a faggot. "You idiot I idolize him for his struggle!", in much the same way Neo Nazi's idolize Hitler and the Germans for their struggle. rotfl.gif

Yeah what a lovely comparrison you did. I only use him as a symbol for the struggle. I know he killed infectors, and I think that's awful. You obviously checked him up right now as you seemed surprised his name was Ernesto. The nazi's struggle for something which is the opposite of what I would struggle for.
So everone called Ernesto are homosexuals. You're one sick person.

gronne

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (FektionFekler @ Dec 5 2004, 09:11 PM)
What's a 150 years anyway? rotfl.gif I mean maybe we will get lucky and forget about the holocaust and 9/11 in another 100 years.

That's not what I meant, but you made it sound like it happened during Alexanders lifetime. What the hell are you defending? He still muredered a lot of people that had nothing to do with the conflict.

FektionFekler

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Dec 5 2004, 09:13 PM)
Yeah what a lovely comparrison you did. I only use him as a symbol for the struggle. I know he killed infectors, and I think that's awful. You obviously checked him up right now as you seemed surprised his name was Ernesto. The nazi's struggle for something which is the opposite of what I would struggle for.
So everone called Ernesto are homosexuals. You're one sick person.

I'm not suprised in the least bit his first name was Ernesto in the same way I wasn't suprised Hitler's first name was Adolf, they both sound pretty homosexual to me. You call me sick, yet you are the one idolizing a murder. rotfl.gif

FektionFekler

• Archived User
Greatness Of Warriors?
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Dec 5 2004, 09:15 PM)
That's not what I meant, but you made it sound like it happened during Alexanders lifetime. What the hell are you defending? He still muredered a lot of people that had nothing to do with the conflict.

Please tell me during what period this all occurred, and then thoroughly rethink your previous comments. wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4