xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fight At Vibe Awards  (Read 586 times)

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »

Try not to glorify them too much.  Some of 'em are ghetto - rich or not.  Hence stabbing people and getting 15 to life... AFTER getting rich.

dietrite

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Nov 21 2004, 04:37 AM)
Try not to glorify them too much.  Some of 'em are ghetto - rich or not.  Hence stabbing people and getting 15 to life... AFTER getting rich.

Some of 'em need to stay ghetto, you always hear rappers continuing to rap about the streets and doing this and that even AFTER getting rich. credibility << that's what it's all about.

look at ja rule, when his credibility got assaulted by 50 cent and his people, if you saw ja rule take the whole thing like a bitch, "the streets" wouldn't buy his music.

CREDIBILITY << very important in hip hop (see vanilla ice, mc hammer, etc..)

important to live what you rap.

dietrite

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (mike96sc2 @ Nov 21 2004, 11:09 AM)
Tupac Shakur was a theatre major in high school and backup dancer for the Digital Underground....pretty ghetto thug huh

Yes, i guess that outweighs all the other things he did and makes him a softy.. gtfo of here with that.

socrates

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 11:09:00 AM »

Tupac Shakur was a theatre major in high school and backup dancer for the Digital Underground....pretty ghetto thug huh

laugh.gif
Ya im sorry but he was kinda pussy looking if ya ask me lol

alikaz

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

rotfl.gif  fuck tat shit, PACC ALLL THA WAYYYY

alikaz

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

oh n btw, the rap now adays is wayyyy too.....pop-y?, lissen to some old school, or underground artists like immortal techniquie, check some of his tracks out, like cause of death and 4th branch, dance with the devil. etc amazing songs

Shoue

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

DID you know that he IS one of the only MC's to actually shoot and actually wound a couple of cops? Lots say it. Hardly any do it. I'm not saying that its cool to do shit like that.. Just the fact that he WAS keeping it real.

Can I ask how shooting a police officer is "keeping it real"? Sounds like life in prison or the death penalty to me.. of course im not from Brooklyn so who cares what I think  dry.gif

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (makaveli91 @ Nov 21 2004, 11:04 PM)
FUCK all you guys talking about Pac like that?  You don't know shit about his life.  So WHAT he went to school to be in theater.. SO WHAT if he was a backup dancer for digital underground...  That doesn't mean shit at all against his credibility as a gangsta.  He went to the school to be something other than what his mom was..  He had to do something to get out.. be shown...  Look at all you homos' Brittney Spears and Justin Timberlake and them... They had to do some other shit to even begin to be exposed..   Pac was from the gutter.. Plain and simple....  And before you start saying shit on something you don't know about maybe read an autobiography on him or something.   And for those sayin he was pussy looking?  Your pussy for saying that, cause its a fact if you were face to face with the man, you'd shit your pants if you called him anything.  DID you know that he IS one of the only MC's to actually shoot and actually wound a couple of cops?  Lots say it.  Hardly any do it.  I'm not saying that its cool to do shit like that..  Just the fact that he WAS keeping it real.

Pac does look like a pussy, he practicly looks the a Ja Rule clone. Sorry but im not scared of midgets that weigh about a buck 6.

As for shooting cops, how come he didnt get the death penalty? I know in alot of states its automatic for shooting a cop. One thing is for sure if you shoot multiple cops your NOT getting out of jail (unless it was self defense or and accident or something). Sounds like BS.

EDIT: Although i agree that it doesnt matter what he did in high school. People change! Everyone has done somethings that are "uncool" when they are younger (except me  cool.gif )

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

Gosh, Makavelli.  You can worship 2-pac as a rapper, that's fine.  But why do people get so up in arms when you insult a ruthless gangster?  They're fucking killers... do you feel the same way about Dahmer?  I hate that "thug life" bullshit.

2-pac = successful, and talented lyracist.  But worshipping his lifestyle is laughable.  But all his little minions do it.

Please don't tell me you're one of the people who thinks he's still alive.... right?

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Nov 22 2004, 03:30 AM)
Gosh, Makavelli.  You can worship 2-pac as a rapper, that's fine.  But why do people get so up in arms when you insult a ruthless gangster?  They're fucking killers... do you feel the same way about Dahmer?  I hate that "thug life" bullshit.

2-pac = successful, and talented lyracist.  But worshipping his lifestyle is laughable.  But all his little minions do it.

Please don't tell me you're one of the people who thinks he's still alive.... right?

Dont even put Dahmer in the same catagory as 2pac, Dahmer kept it real.

socrates

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »

FUCK all you guys talking about Pac like that? You don't know shit about his life. So WHAT he went to school to be in theater.. SO WHAT if he was a backup dancer for digital underground... That doesn't mean shit at all against his credibility as a gangsta. He went to the school to be something other than what his mom was.. He had to do something to get out.. be shown... Look at all you homos' Brittney Spears and Justin Timberlake and them... They had to do some other shit to even begin to be exposed.. Pac was from the gutter.. Plain and simple.... And before you start saying shit on something you don't know about maybe read an autobiography on him or something. And for those sayin he was pussy looking? Your pussy for saying that, cause its a fact if you were face to face with the man, you'd shit your pants if you called him anything. DID you know that he IS one of the only MC's to actually shoot and actually wound a couple of cops? Lots say it. Hardly any do it. I'm not saying that its cool to do shit like that.. Just the fact that he WAS keeping it real.

LOL if i was face to face with pac and he was all like Bouncing around with his little bunny ear banadna i would probley have a hard time trying not to laugh wink.gif and me being afraid of someone casue they come from the "Streets" is a little odd dont you think? just cause somone was raised in a rough inviroment dont make them tuff, its the man inside of you that makes you tuff my friend so before you start trying to tell us all that he is all that and that timberlake and big neck britney are shit cause they were spoon fed there acreers (which i dont disagree with at all) then maybe you need to read a little book on how to seperate reality from fiction and realzie that tupac ,amonsgt other rap stars and rock stars are a marketing scam, there not REAL, you probley wouldnt see tupac going to xmas dinner in his gold chains and bunny ears now would ya? there made to be like this, they have to fit the image that the MTV nation has sppon fed you little whiny punk ass bitches, when i was a kid...( lol i have always wanted to say that tongue.gif) we LISTEND to our music, not watched it and rated it on how "cool" the guy was or how big breasted the chick was.....ok that last ones a lie, i love tits.....but still.....fuck now im mad....im goijng for ice cream./

socrates

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

Dont even put Dahmer in the same catagory as 2pac, Dahmer kept it real.

laugh.gif

revelashon

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

All black rappers are nothing but low class drug dealing ghetto trash.
This statement is entirely on fallacious reasoning, but let say for a moment that there was any truth to this. Now put yourself in the shoes of "low class drug dealing ghetto trash." Would you turn down an opportunity to attain fame an be rich? Furthermore, if your thug image got you money, would you suddenly grow a concious and sellout the image you worked so hard to make?

Thug life asside, the idea of maintaining an image has plagued music for a long time. Sizzla and Sean Paul are good examples of people who soldout their musical preference for success. If you ever meet Sean Paul ask him what his first demo sounded like. "Get Busy" wasn't exactly what he would have had on it. As for Sizzla, just listen to some of his old music. (I know most of you probably don't know Sizzla but I'm sure you all know how to find out).

You can try and blame rappers for proliferating the message that being a thug is acceptable, but you have to stop and think about who pays their salaries. Its the record giants that sign the cheques. Just like the rapper that seized an opportunity, record companies see a lucrative trend developing so they let the rappers run with it.

Its sad though. If a fight breaks out at a hip hop event then its assumed that the fight broke out because they are either black, rappers, or both. The entire black population shouldn't be blamed for any such incident. Neither should inner city communities be blamed. Many people make it out of the hood by working hard. Most of my family falls in this category. I know for a fact that the thugs represent a small fraction of blacks, however the media-made image has destroyed the integrity of the rest of us.

Baner

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

Celeberties agree to become role models for people everywhere. They are paid to be in the publics eyes constantly, and this isn't the way they should be acting. This is alot like the brawl at the pistons game, it ruins the cummunity you represent, and makes people look down at your co-workers. Your actions will effect others around you, and the way kids and adults alike act and look up to you.

This is far from a bar brawl, these are suppose to be the finest people of their industry, recieving awards for what they do, and they resort to stabbing one another? Trying to defend these guys is stupid.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (makaveli91 @ Nov 22 2004, 11:02 PM)
I am in no way worshipping pacs lifestyle.  He is one of the greatest mcs... Thats what people worship.  As for keeping it real.. if u don't understand what i meant then you shouldn't be talking about anything to do with this subject.  He shot 2 cops, they didn't die, they were undercover.   They were harrassing a black motorist and tupac basically stood up for the dude.  And he shot them..  They lived.  Charges dropped.

So he didnt even know they were cops? Also why were charges dropped? Shooting a cop undercover or not is still life in jail (if not the death sentence) unless there was something else going on (not just harrasing some dude).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4