xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Fight At Vibe Awards  (Read 528 times)

xbox beat box

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« on: November 16, 2004, 06:04:00 AM »

I tell ya, this would never happen at the Country Music Awards.

If I was the cops, I would have saved Snoop and Dre, and let all the other mother fuckers take each other out.

Bunch of Gorillas if you ask me.
Seriously though, does this not seem a bit primitive? How come these things always happen at Rap awards shows?
I would have no problem with Too Short stabbing Birdman and Chingy shooting DMX.

This is what Suge says:
"It's really important that we don't take a negative incident like this and do away with the awards," Suge Knight told reporters.

Suge is a fucking stone cold killer, he should be getting 25 to life. A negative incident like this? Thats all rap is..one negative incident after another.

Hey Homey.....Go Back To the Hood...or should I say zoo.

Fight at Vibe awards; one person stabbed
Police spokesman: 'It was somewhat chaotic in there'
Tuesday, November 16, 2004 Posted: 1342 GMT (2142 HKT)

SANTA MONICA, California (AP) -- A fight broke out near the stage at the Vibe awards ceremony as rapper Snoop Dogg and producer Quincy Jones were preparing to honor Dr. Dre., and one person was stabbed, authorities and witnesses said.

Dozens of people sitting near the stage Monday inside a hangar at the Santa Monica Municipal Airport began shoving each other as the show wound down about 7:30 p.m., a photographer who covered the event for The Associated Press said.

News video showed chairs being thrown, punches flying, people chasing one another and some being restrained.

It was unclear if the stabbing preceded or followed the fight. The victim, a 26-year-old man, was taken to a hospital and was listed in stable condition.

No arrests were made.

Witness Frank Williams told KCAL-TV that Dr. Dre was involved in the brawl.

"I saw Dr. Dre fighting somebody," Williams said. "I don't know if he was fighting back. But there was a guy taken out basically bloodied."

Andrea Ferguson, employed by a public relations firm that worked with Vibe for the awards ceremony, called the incident a "disruption" but declined to provide details. She added the show was allowed to continue but it was halted for about five minutes.

Dr. Dre, who was scheduled to receive a Vibe Legend Award for his lifetime contributions to hip-hop, had not come on stage yet when the fight erupted. Jones and Snoop Dogg stood on stage without saying anything.

"My understanding is that it was somewhat chaotic in there," police Lt. Frank Fabrega said in a press conference following the fight.

About 1,000 people attended the event; some scurried for the exits when melee began.

"It's really important that we don't take a negative incident like this and do away with the awards," Suge Knight told reporters.

The show was taped Monday and was expected to be broadcast Tuesday. R&B singer Usher led the awards with five nominations, followed by Alicia Keys, who has four nominations.

Vibe magazine focuses on urban culture and entertainment. The awards are voted on by music journalists and "regional tastemakers."

This post has been edited by xbox beat box: Nov 16 2004, 06:36 PM

blueshogun96

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 05:35:00 PM »

suprising  ohmy.gif

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »

That whole genre of tasteless shit should die. Some food for thought.
user posted image

makaveli91

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

Your a retard --> xbox beat box <--,  some dude punching Dre should get stabbed, shot even..  And callin rappers gorillas?  Your also a racist motherfu<ker, you know that?  Go back to your trailer you ass maggot... Man i can't even believe you said that shit.  For real, get a clue dude.   Whats with you people sayin hip hop is this and that... all bad... fuck, listen to anything now....  Hip hop has taken over..  you'll see either an MC, a song or at least a hiphop beat in 95% of the ads on tv... I'm glad to see its risen from the underground to take over... thank god.... Get rid of your punk ass little country bands..  For every 1 negative incident there are 5 positive's that come from hip hop.. Think about the charites and shit that Russ Simmons and the rest have hooked up..   All the communites that hip hop stars help out... donating cash for shit..  

As for the dude getting stabbed, PROPS to young Buck for standing up for his man...   Man, I dunno why Snoop just stood there either....  Whatever, Buck stood up for his man and thats that..

Edit: -->EverythingButAnAnswer<--  Your an ass maggot too sayin hip hop should die..

This post has been edited by makaveli91: Nov 20 2004, 04:16 AM

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 08:55:00 PM »

since it was Dr. Dre they were after, it could have been Death Row Records (suge Knight) behind it.  Take a listen to "The Realist - Fuck Dre" .... him and all the others on the track are signed to death row.  Although it was made a couple of years ago, I think they still hate him.

makaveli91

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

Dude, death row will always hate on dre...  it will never end.

Wong Hung Lo

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 07:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (makaveli91 @ Nov 20 2004, 12:11 AM)
Your a retard --> xbox beat box <--,  some dude punching Dre should get stabbed, shot even..  And callin rappers gorillas?  Your also a racist motherfu<ker, you know that?  Go back to your trailer you ass maggot... Man i can't even believe you said that shit.  For real, get a clue dude.   Whats with you people sayin hip hop is this and that... all bad... fuck, listen to anything now....  Hip hop has taken over..  you'll see either an MC, a song or at least a hiphop beat in 95% of the ads on tv... I'm glad to see its risen from the underground to take over... thank god.... Get rid of your punk ass little country bands..  For every 1 negative incident there are 5 positive's that come from hip hop.. Think about the charites and shit that Russ Simmons and the rest have hooked up..   All the communites that hip hop stars help out... donating cash for shit..   

As for the dude getting stabbed, PROPS to young Buck for standing up for his man...   Man, I dunno why Snoop just stood there either....  Whatever, Buck stood up for his man and thats that..

Edit: -->EverythingButAnAnswer<--  Your an ass maggot too sayin hip hop should die..

Using the word "Your" instead of "You're" is retarded. But that is because you learned how to speak from rap. And don't bother playing the race card because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have wore out the shock value.

user posted image

user posted image

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

Rappers are way more violent then any other celibrity, Its becuase of how the were brought up. Go to any inner city and everyone there acts like that. Its not just black people or rappers. Its just the way it is, you either need to show people not to bother you or you might end up dead.

This post has been edited by Hercules Q Einstein: Nov 20 2004, 06:30 PM

cainedna

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 12:57:00 PM »

They bought into their own hype. That's pretty much it.
The hate is part of the image they (along with the studios) sell.
Cooler heads wouldn't make it in the industry, anyway.

T-1200

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

All black rappers are nothing but low class drug dealing ghetto trash.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (T-1200 @ Nov 20 2004, 11:21 PM)

hmmm funny to hear such a racist statment from someone whos avatar seems to be calling bush a nazi

T-1200

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

Well its the truth aint it.

brandogg

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »

The truth is, you just made one of the most racist comments I've ever seen on this forum. You need to put a picture of yourself in that animation.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »

At least say white rappers are also drug dealing ghetto trash...

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
Fight At Vibe Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2004, 10:51:00 PM »

Another shock-value post!
No successful rappers are drug dealers.  What would they need to do that for?  No matter where you live, you can't be proud of selling drugs to kids.
Granted that some rappers had to hustle, such as Jay-Z (BEFORE he was famous), they were never proud of it.  But they rap about it to tell what rough things they've been through.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4