xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 350 Tons Missing Explosives In Iraq  (Read 242 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
350 Tons Missing Explosives In Iraq
« on: October 25, 2004, 10:32:00 PM »

I'm sure you heard the news.  I have 2 things to say about it...

1) This is an investigation started by CBS and NYT (New York Times.)  It looks this news just came at the right time 1 week before the election.  So CBS got their revenge for Bush's document incident.

2) How come we know it now instead of 18 months ago?

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »

I thought we did know about it. I remember hearing about this some time ago.

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

I didn't read CNN's report, just MSN's. Everyone should be aware that this happened BEFORE the US arrived in Iraq. Kerry flat out lied yesterday when he blamed it on the Bush administration.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 08:18:00 AM »

It happened because the coalition went into Iraq without enough man power to secure key locations.  Their 1st priority was to secure oil wells and provide protection for foreign workers who work for these oil company's.

"The IAEA says the US-led coalition occupying Iraq had been warned about the danger posed by the explosives on several occasions.

It says the coalition forces were specifically told to keep the material secured."

"The officials add that they cannot verify if the explosives have been looted, and say one possible explanation is that the facility was empty before US-led forces arrived, reports the BBC's Nick Childs at the Pentagon."

"It is not the first warning the IAEA has given about potentially dangerous material going missing.

Two weeks ago the IAEA warned equipment and materials that could be used to make nuclear weapons had disappeared in Iraq since the invasion."

liar liar pants on fire

<_<  

OrkanMan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

pug_ster:  I saw MSNBC and Fox News say the same thing yesterday about how this news is just now showing up. So, you got a valid point.

psyberxian

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 08:28:00 AM »

talk about not being able to find your ass with both hands.... how in the fuck does 380 tons of military grade explosives just disappear?!? This ranks up there with the lastest CNN story of the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) shutting down their website because they fear information on building a nuke might have been available to the public...

I can see it now... a US city gets vaporized and the excuse will be...oh well..I guess the leak wasn't caught soon enough....

-Psyber  :evil:

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

"The amounts apparently taken from the al-Qaqaa site could have filled three trucks."

"Half a kilogram (1lb) of a explosive related to HMX was enough to bring down Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, in 1988, killing 170 people."

Vote Bush, Vote for security...

:lol:  

This post has been edited by Arvarden on Oct 26 2004, 03:34 PM

estin

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (brandogg @ Oct 26 2004, 02:46 PM)
I didn't read CNN's report, just MSN's. Everyone should be aware that this happened BEFORE the US arrived in Iraq. Kerry flat out lied yesterday when he blamed it on the Bush administration.

OMG you republicans reach for any little thing to put down kerry.  its easy for us democrats because all bush has to do is open his mouth and were set.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 08:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (brandogg @ Oct 26 2004, 05:47 AM)
I thought we did know about it. I remember hearing about this some time ago.

Just curious.  Where did you hear about it.  Maybe a link or something?  Probably Bush Admin want to hide this from the public.

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

This actually was reported when we first went sent in troops.  In fact there were embedded reporters with the soldiers that went to secure this site and the explosives were missing when we got there?  Why wasn't it a big deal then in the media?  You tell me.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

Well first you gotta pull a link out of your ass cus this is the first time I've heard about this matter...

Many news agencys are reporting this story and are saying, quote "high explosives went missing from an Iraqi base after the war".

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »

I'll find you a link later on today.  I am at work so don't really have time to go searching all over the place,  but I heard a news report that was playing on the radio this morning on the way to work talking about how they were missing when we went in.  Maybe the radio host has a link.  

I have a break coming up soon and I'll try to find it then.

Oh yeah, quit talking about my ass.  I don't know you that well. ;)  

This post has been edited by Ween311 on Oct 26 2004, 04:28 PM

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »

Yeah, I don't remember hearing about it 18 months ago, but it was a while back. I think the amount of weapons wasn't confirmed whe it was first mentioned.

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

Here is the link that you requested that shows we knew they were missing when we got there.

And to add a little fuel to the fire, CBS wanted to make air the story about the missing explosives on the night before the elections.  This second link comes from a site that you might feel as a little biased so take it how you will, but I am sure we will be hearing a lot more about this in the coming days.  What is happening to CBS?

I'm also trying to find the NY Times article as well.  The article posted above mentions that the Times ran an "exclusive" article about the missing explosives in April 2003.  You have to subscribe to get to the archives on their site, so I am trying to find the article somewhere else.

This post has been edited by Ween311 on Oct 26 2004, 06:57 PM

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

There are several stories like this, including the one about the ammo dump that Kerry has been talking about since the beginning of the year...

I wouldn't necessarily blame Bush right off the bat, but it certainly is yet another black-eye for his administration.

Remember, it isn't so much about the President as it is about the people he surrounds himself with (cabinet and other appointments). As for Bush's job in that department, YIKES  :blink: