xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Where Are The Wmds?  (Read 258 times)

Phizzy

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« on: October 25, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

Why did President Clinton and the other prominent Democrats tell us there were WMDs in Iraq? Why did they get us into this war with Iraq (and shamelessly blame President Bush)? :(

1998:

President Clinton calls Iraq an "outlaw nation" in league with an "unholy axis of terrorists, drug traffickers and organized international criminals." What if Saddam Hussein "fails to comply, and we fail to act, or we take some ambiguous third route which gives him yet more opportunities to develop his program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made? Well, he will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating destruction. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow. Some day, some way, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal."

Clinton, continued: "Just consider the facts, Iraq repeatedly made false declarations about the weapons that it had left in its possession after the Gulf War. When UNSCOM would then uncover evidence that gave the lie to those declarations, Iraq would simply amend the reports. For example, Iraq revised its nuclear declarations four times within just 14 months and it has submitted six different biological warfare declarations, each of which has been rejected by UNSCOM. In 1995, Hussein Kamal, Saddam's son-in-law, and chief organizer of Iraq's weapons-of-mass-destruction program, defected to Jordan. He revealed that Iraq was continuing to conceal weapons and missiles and the capacity to build many more. Then and only then did Iraq admit to developing numbers of weapons in significant quantities and weapon stocks. Previously, it had vehemently denied the very thing it just simply admitted once Saddam Hussein's son-in-law defected to Jordan and told the truth."

Clinton, continued: "Now listen to this: What did it admit? It admitted, among other things, an offensive biological warfare capability--notably 5,000 gallons of botulinum, which causes botulism; 2,000 gallons of anthrax; 25 biological-filled Scud warheads; and 157 aerial bombs. And might I say, UNSCOM inspectors believe that Iraq has actually greatly understated its production. Next, throughout this entire process, Iraqi agents have undermined and undercut UNSCOM. They've harassed the inspectors, lied to them, disabled monitoring cameras, literally spirited evidence out of the back doors of suspect facilities as inspectors walked through the front door. And our people were there observing it and had the pictures to prove it. "

Clinton, continued: "We have to defend our future from these predators of the 21st century. They will be all the more lethal if we allow them to build arsenals of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them. We simply cannot allow that to happen. There is no more clear example of this threat than Saddam Hussein."

Democrats John Kerry, Tom Daschle, Bob Graham, Patrick Leahy, Christopher Dodd, and Republican Chuck Hagel co-sponsored a broad 1998 resolution: Congress "urges the president to take all necessary and appropriate actions to respond to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."

Kerry: "If there is not unfettered, unrestricted, unlimited access per the U.N. resolution for inspections, and UNSCOM cannot in our judgment appropriately perform its functions, then we obviously reserve the rights to press that case internationally and to do what we need to do as a nation in order to be able to enforce those rights. Saddam Hussein has already used these weapons and has made it clear that he has the intent to continue to try, by virtue of his duplicity and secrecy, to continue to do so. That is a threat to the stability of the Middle East. It is a threat with respect to the potential of terrorist activities on a global basis. It is a threat even to regions near but not exactly in the Middle East."

Daschle: the resolution would "send as clear a message as possible that we are going to force, one way or another, diplomatically or militarily, Iraq to comply with international law. Look, we have exhausted virtually our diplomatic effort to get the Iraqis to comply with their own agreements and with international law. Given that, what other option is there but to force them to do so? That's what they're saying. This is the key question. And the answer is we don't have another option. We have got to force them to comply, and we are doing so militarily."

pug_ster

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

You mean this speech?

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/02/17/...s/clinton.iraq/

Don't take Clinton's speech out of context.  He saids that he suspects that Iraq might have WMD and pushing for more inspections in Iraq.  Also, using military action as the last resort.

I am getting pretty tired of these uninformed Bush voters who has nothing to say but anti-clinton and anti-kerry quotes when they have nothing to say about any anti-Bush quotes.

This post has been edited by pug_ster on Oct 25 2004, 07:17 PM

gcskate27

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

Why did they get us into this war with Iraq (and shamelessly blame President Bush)?

wow clinton has the power to declare war even out of office?!?!! is there nothing that guy cant do?

GO CLINTON!  :beer:

pug_ster

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »

Phizzy,

Please do me a favor before posting BS like this:

You can either a) 1) Get your anti-Kerry, anti-Clinton or any Liberal quote that you have a gripe with 2) Go to google and search for those words, search for the original speech that this liberal said in this statement 3) Post the quote and and link to the original speech for all us to see

Or you can b ) don't bother to post.

faynor

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »

pugster, I've tried all the aforementioned attempts for you , but for some reason, you don't want to see it:
FOR EXAMPLE: this is a post that was on another thread after you told me one of my quotes was inaccurate. When in all actuality, you were misinformed and would not accept it. Here is my post again for you to ignore since i am so uninformed.

pug_ster did you even watch it. Kerry says that quote verbatim, word for word. Give me a break. At least argue with some facts. I'm showing you plain and simple what Kerry said by showing Kerry say it and you won't accept it.  

You can either a) 1) Get your anti-Kerry, anti-Clinton or any Liberal quote that you have a gripe with 2) Go to google and search for those words, search for the original speech that this liberal said in this statement 3) Post the quote and and link to the original speech for all us to see

I'm thinking you should choose to not post as you so eloquently told Phizzy to do. :lol:  

This post has been edited by faynor on Oct 26 2004, 01:40 AM

faynor

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 06:47:00 PM »

wow clinton has the power to declare war even out of office?!?!! is there nothing that guy cant do?

For your info. if either administration before Bush(including his father) had the guff to finish the job earlier we would not be there today. Clinton had ample opportunity to defend his country through his office and chose not to. Bush Sr. also had every chance to deal with this and chose to leave it open. I know because i served in Kuwait (NMCB18) for the Navy Sea Bees. So , NO Clinton does not have that power only because he was worthless in office. Period. And for the record ,Bush Sr. dropped the ball also. <_<

gcskate27

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

what the fuck are you babbling about? i was saying that clinton didnt declare the war (as phizzy implied) and thats it...  :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by gcskate27 on Oct 26 2004, 02:06 AM

faynor

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »

what the fuck are you babbling about? i was saying that clinton didnt declare the war (as phizzy implied) and thats it... 

What a calm, intelligent, liberal reply! Thank you for your insight! :beer:

thomes08

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 08:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (faynor @ Oct 26 2004, 01:47 AM)
Clinton had ample opportunity to defend his country through his office and chose not to.

what the fuck are you talking about?

Colonel32

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »

For your info. if either administration before Bush(including his father) had the guff to finish the job earlier we would not be there today.

You'd still be there if Bush or Clinton had gone in, that's why they didn't. There was also the whole 'proof and reason' for going to war with Iraq and public support would never have supported it until after 9/11.

Why did President Clinton and the other prominent Democrats tell us there were WMDs in Iraq? Why did they get us into this war with Iraq (and shamelessly blame President Bush)?

:rotfl:

pug_ster

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »

Faynor, do me a favor like Phizzy.  Instead say that I am lying, save me some trouble and look at the original interview at CBS.  Even in your imagination that Kerry did say that line the whole time Kerry was talking tough about getting inspectors to Iraq.  Don't spend your time in Fantasy land like Bush.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (faynor @ Oct 25 2004, 06:46 PM)
What a calm, intelligent, liberal reply! Thank you for your insight! :beer:

what exactly about that reply is liberal? and i was calm when i wrote it actually... you can say that phrase calmly you know... maybe i should have put more smilies...

also, how is it unintelligent?

i await your frenzied, nonsensical, conservative reply! Thank you in advance for your insight!  :beer:

thomes08

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (gcskate27 @ Oct 26 2004, 03:47 AM)
what exactly about that reply is liberal? and i was calm when i wrote it actually... you can say that phrase calmly you know... maybe i should have put more smilies...

also, how is it unintelligent?

i await your frenzied, nonsensical, conservative reply! Thank you in advance for your insight!  :beer:

faynor has got to be the easiest person to mock

pug_ster

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »

Faynor, I will be fair.  If you can show us the link to the video about Kerry saying that quote, instead of the 100 links that I can see in kerryoniraq website.  So you can save both of us a lot of headaches.

faynor

• Archived User
Where Are The Wmds?
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »

Faynor, I will be fair. If you can show us the link to the video about Kerry saying that quote, instead of the 100 links that I can see in kerryoniraq website. So you can save both of us a lot of headaches.

All you need to do is watch the first 2 minutes of the trailer and you will plainly see Kerry say this quote verbatim.

SEN. JOHN KERRY: "t is something that we know-for instance, Saddam Hussein has used weapons of mass destruction against his own people, and there is some evidence of their efforts to try to secure these kinds of weapons and even test them." (CBS’ "Face The Nation," 9/23/01)

CHYRON: "Face The Nation" 9/23/01

kerryoniraq

Now to quote pug_ster who said i took it out of context.

Oh brother, taking a sentence and taking out of context. Read the whole story.

Bob Graham said that quote, not Kerry.

Now watch for yourselves and see who takes what out of context. :beer: