xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anybody Watched Farenhype 9/11?  (Read 283 times)

pug_ster

• Archived User
Anybody Watched Farenhype 9/11?
« on: October 24, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »

Just curious.  Did anybody watched Farenhype 9/11?  I just watched it, fast fowarded parts of it because it was repetive on the kind of message.  It think it was mostly hype and all 9/11.

They have a bunch of people (probably pro bush people) and some even have appeared in the Farenheit 9/11 to dispell some of the truth.

The main theme of Farenheit 9/11 was being pissed off at Bush and him Administration and not the US.  Whereas this 'documentry' says that you are anti-US if you watched the movie.  I think most people who have agreed with Farenheit 9/11 would want to vote Bush out.

The doesn't have a good support case for why we attacked Iraq, most of the people in this movie say 'look at 9/11.'  There is no link between 9/11 and the war on Iraq.

I already know there were some things not true about Farenheit 9/11 but Farenhype 9/11 didn't dispell the 2 main themes of Farenheit 9/11, Bush and Iraq.

EverythingButAnAnswer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

All I know is the best documentary I have ever seen is Farenheit 9/11. Heil Hitler, I mean Moore. I don't think for myself, I let Michael Moore do that for me. I'm going to vote from him by putting him down as a write off. I hope the first thing he does when he comes to office is round up all the ignorant, greedy republicans (just republicans in general), and put them into concentration camps, as everyone knows they are lesser beings and are unfit to live.
 Seig Heil! Ich phasen nur zu dienen sie herr Moore, mien fuhrer, und mien vaterland.

This post has been edited by EverythingButAnAnswer on Oct 25 2004, 05:25 AM

brandogg

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 10:23:00 PM »

I haven't seen all of it, but some parts. I saw them explain a couple scenes from "Height", like when they show the children playing in Iraq, and then bombs coming down, those were 2 completely different areas of Iraq. The bombs were hitting Saddam's HQ, and there were no children there. Also, the guy who lost both arms in Iraq had no idea he was in "Height", and Moore took his quotes to make it seem like he was talking about something else, when he was actually describing, to a real reporter, not Michael Moore (he's never met Moore, and is extremely pissed off at him) what phantom pains felt like when he didn't take his Rx drugs for them. I need to watch all of it when I get a chance, and I really recommend it to anyone who has seen Farenheight 9/11, or actually anyone in general. I just now saw a commercial for Celcius 41.11, it's officially coming to theaters, but doesn't say when.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 10:53:00 PM »

Like I said, it has dispelled (or corrected) some statements about Farenheit 9/11.  Yes, it has show some people like the injured GI in Height 9/11 that they do not have any permission to in hype 9/11.  Though you mostly hear people talking about Moore Bashing and 9/11 changed our country, if I wanted to watch that stuff, I would've watch O'Really show.

Now, if there's a pro-bush documentry with some meat and potatoes like some secret document, I would be interested.  Otherwise, these so called 'documentries' like Farenhype 9/11 and Stolen Honor are nothing more than propaganda for Bush.

This post has been edited by pug_ster on Oct 25 2004, 05:59 AM

psyberxian

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »

Farenhype 9/11 is the biggest load of fucking bullshit I have ever seen. It's damage control from the NEOCONs. It's the same effect as in the Wizard of Oz when the wizard crys out `Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!!'

Forget what Michael Moore showed in his video... Just go download and watch any of Alex Jones videos... You can go checkout http://www.prisonplanet.com and http://www.infowars.com. All the data on his websites and videos are backed up by the fucking government's own documents....the very documents that you NEVER see on the mainstream media...

-Psyber

This post has been edited by psyberxian on Oct 25 2004, 02:46 PM

xbox beat box

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 08:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (EverythingButAnAnswer @ Oct 25 2004, 05:23 AM)
All I know is the best documentary I have ever seen is Farenheit 9/11.

Is it even a documentary?

estin

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 08:45:00 AM »

haven't seen it, but farenheit 9/11 was excellent.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (psyberxian @ Oct 25 2004, 02:45 PM)
Farenhype 9/11 is the biggest load of fucking bullshit I have ever seen. It's damage control from the NEOCONs. It's the same effect as in the Wizard of Oz when the wizard crys out `Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!!'

Forget what Michael Moore showed in his video... Just go download and watch any of Alex Jones videos... You can go checkout http://www.prisonplanet.com and http://www.infowars.com. All the data on his websites and videos are backed up by the fucking government's own documents....the very documents that you NEVER see on the mainstream media...

-Psyber

Thanks.  I'll see if I can download it and watch it, of course I won't believe 100% of what they said.  I do still have some faith in our US government, but not about the people who are current running it.  Now the link about relationship between Bush and Kerry is a little absurd.

Damn, I hope big brother is not looking at this thread.

This post has been edited by pug_ster on Oct 25 2004, 04:07 PM

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

Farenhype is like a defensive movie where Farenheit was offensive. hype just goes on and on about how facts were supposedly stretched and they take two minutes of farenheit and pick away at it for a half hour. Good points? Sure one or two, but if anyone takes all their facts and perspectives from either one of these movies or both for that matter then they're total retards.

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

Yeah, I agree Mike.  I haven't seen either of the movies and probably won't, but I was under the impression that Hype was made specifically to point out the misinformation in Height.  Both of these movies seem kind of silly to me.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »

Farenhype 9/11 could've been over in less than 10 minutes dispelling the facts in Farenheit 9/11.  The other 90 minutes they spend Bashing Moore, and glorifing 9/11's purpose to get rid of terrorists.

Farenheit 9/11 tells a very conviencing story.  Until later I factchecked story and found out some things which is false.

In any case I think it is good to watch both 'documentries.'  You have to watch both of them to form your own opinion based on both 'documentries.'

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

Farenhype 9/11 is the biggest load of fucking bullshit I have ever seen. It's damage control from the NEOCONs

I agree.

It didn't touch on any of the real issues brought up in Fahrenheit 911. It was mostly a bunch of pro-war families who voiced their support for the war.

If this was supposed to rebutt Fahrenheit, IT FAILED MISERABLY IMHO  <_<

gotodengo

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »

A better (more factual IMHO) anti-bush documentary is "Bush's Brain". It's based on book by the same name and can be found on P2P. I highly recommend it.

pug_ster

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »

I tried finding that film but apparantly 'Bush's Brain' is such a common word :D   I think I already got a pretty good idea of who Karl Rove is.  I will try to find that film later tonight.

BTW, you should check out 'World According to Bush.'  It has been released in public tv in other countries other than the US last week.  You should be able to find a realplayer version.  Video quality is crappy but watchable.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »

So you'll compare Moore to Hitler, but not George W.? Moore hasn't charged us head-first into a war lately.

Und dein Deutsch saugt.