xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 850 British Troops To Help Near Baghdad.  (Read 287 times)

melon

• Archived User
850 British Troops To Help Near Baghdad.
« on: October 22, 2004, 03:30:00 AM »

Our Government have agreed to Bush's request for a small number of troops to Support American forces near Baghdad to allow American forces to attack Fallujah.

In the UK this is seen as a political move in support of Bush in the run up to the election. Our press, politicians and even our military commander who lead our forces into combat at the beginning of the war think it is wrong.

In the debates Kerry scored points by arguing there was no real coallition. By Blair moving troops to support American troops it is seen as a way to show the coallition does exist and America is supported, thus helping Bush.

Another point has been if America has 130,000 troops in Iraq what difference will 850 British troops make?

This has been a hugely unpopular move with all sides dubious of the motives and even a lot of Tony Blairs own Labour party are speaking out against the decision.

I wondered how this is being portrayed in the American media or if it has even been mentioned. It was only announced yesterday so should be on your news today (if it is at all)???

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 05:55:00 AM »

I'm glad they are not going to be under US control, atleast we can now do the job without losing the respect of the Iraqi people.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 08:08:00 AM »

Most of the people in the U.S. have stopped giving a damn what happens to our own troops in IRAQ.  Who gives a crap about how many limeys are sent to the sand?

This post has been edited by bluedeath on Oct 22 2004, 03:09 PM

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

"Who gives a crap about how many limeys are sent to the sand?"

Mothers
Fathers
Brothers
Sisters
Grand Parents
Cousins
Friends
And me...

:(  

OliG

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

Most of the people in the U.S. have stopped giving a damn what happens to our own troops in IRAQ. Who gives a crap about how many limeys are sent to the sand?

This is the problem with some people, they don't care whats heppening around them. The good old US are doing nothing wrong, Yeah right!!!!

Oil
Oil
Oil
$
$
$

That is all the US are really interested in and if you think that we have given the iraqi people freedom then how come thousand of women and children have be locked up for months in sqalid conditions. Who put these people in power? The Iraqi's or the US?????

If people in the US don't care then don't forget that they are not the only people in this world. Oh sorry you are......

OliG

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »

Suppose thats fair enough because i dont give a crap about Amercan troops out there.
If this hasnt made the news in the states then I know a mountain has been made out of a molehill over here in the UK. I just wanted to confirm for myself instead of relying on what i read or see. Anyone else heard or seen anything about this??

edit: i forgot your 8 hours behind us so you are all probably getting out of bed now..doh!

This post has been edited by melon on Oct 22 2004, 05:01 PM

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

CNN.com has this article about the situation.  They don't really make any mention of it seeming like a political move.  I haven't seen anything on Televised news yet, but I don't really watch too much TV news. It doesn't seem like a big deal so far, but its early yet, so I bet we will hear some of the same type things that you are hearing.  Just depends on how the news decides to spin it I guess.

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

thanks for reply, could you keep me informed??
Its a massive deal over here dominating the news for the last week.

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 10:24:00 AM »

If I start to hear more about it, I will definately post.   :beer:

OliG

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »

remeber when the us army landed in afghanistan there was quoted one general "the us now owns a part of afghanitsan"............. :beer:

this is quite strange really.....

how does democracy spread? ;)

via the influence of freedom or the value of the £ $ or euro?

all it relates to is the control of oil to keep economies growing. :D

if blair backs bush now, expexct a re - election of bush in novemeber, then expect the same over here in the uk.

failing that stop shooting people for oil and chill the feck out! :P

plus a bean has been discovered in africa that promotes a diesel fule as CD3, operating along the molecualr level as rape seed which can provide a diesel derivative based energy source, however this plant flowevers 3 times a year, so in about 30 years if we grow enough then all the sand we're currently fighting over should be blossoming with a new fully sustainable ernegy source with enough potential to repair the hole in the ozone layer and shit! :lol:

any one remeber the ozone layer - i heard a report on tuesday from some random person, based at antartica that the hole was begining to heal!

Peace out!!!!! Brothers, Sisters.

OliG :blink:

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »

Oli anyone who reads these political forums knows i am totally against this war, i have made that clear on many occasions. This thread is not about that. Im not trying to bash anyone in this, im trying to find some information out. I dont want this turning into another pro/anti war thread.
Even if i agree with what your saying its for a different thread.

OliG

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 02:27:00 PM »

Agreed, sorry for the outburst. I don't normal rant like that.

I am also interested on how the US are show whats going on.

Again, sorry.

OliG

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

Most of the people in the U.S. have stopped giving a damn what happens to our own troops in IRAQ. Who gives a crap about how many limeys are sent to the sand?

Suppose thats fair enough because i dont give a crap about Amercan troops out there.

You guys are both assholes (esp. bluedeath).  Whether or not you agree with the political end fueling various wars in history, the least you can do is show some respect for the Soldier.  The freedoms you enjoy now render them the at least some courtesy.  You party-puppet dillusional fucks are too busy slamming presidential candidates to respect human life and do some good for your nation.

Bluedeath: speak for yourself, troll.  Most Americans respect their countrymen who're paying the ultimate price while you sit on your ass.

To everyone else, sorry for the rant...

Rather than a draft, we should instate a forced military service system based on nomination.  There're a few people I'd recommend for Operation Human Shield.

This post has been edited by The unProfessional on Oct 23 2004, 02:27 AM

estin

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (OliG @ Oct 22 2004, 03:34 PM)

This is the problem with some people, they don't care whats heppening around them. The good old US are doing nothing wrong, Yeah right!!!!

Oil
Oil
Oil
$
$
$

That is all the US are really interested in and if you think that we have given the iraqi people freedom then how come thousand of women and children have be locked up for months in sqalid conditions. Who put these people in power? The Iraqi's or the US?????

If people in the US don't care then don't forget that they are not the only people in this world. Oh sorry you are......

OliG

well said. i'm proud to be a americam but what you just said really does show the mentality of the majority of american people.  i'm glad people from other countries can see it, now i just wish the US's people could see it themselves.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Oct 23 2004, 02:24 AM)

You guys are both assholes (esp. bluedeath).  Whether or not you agree with the political end fueling various wars in history, the least you can do is show some respect for the Soldier.  The freedoms you enjoy now render them the at least some courtesy.  You party-puppet dillusional fucks are too busy slamming presidential candidates to respect human life and do some good for your nation.

Bluedeath: speak for yourself, troll.  Most Americans respect their countrymen who're paying the ultimate price while you sit on your ass.

To everyone else, sorry for the rant...

Rather than a draft, we should instate a forced military service system based on nomination.  There're a few people I'd recommend for Operation Human Shield.

Like I say to everyone else in this joint.  Don't talk till you have served.  I have my Kosovo Liberation medal, my good cookie, a firewatch ribbon, a couple of NAMS, a couple of NAVYCOMS, several stars on my overseas service deployment.  You really are a nancyboy unprofessed.

Here is a dollar twenty five and go f*** yourself.