xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: What Religion/denomination Are You?  (Read 1466 times)

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
What Religion/denomination Are You?
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2004, 06:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (rms2001)
Steam, Water, and Ice.

St. Patrick put it best, when he used a 3 leaf clover as an analogy.  What I don't , understand, rms, is why are you trying to prove that there is only one god , Jehovah?  You have said before that Jesus was god's son, not god himself.  If God were to have a son, he would be a god.  Consider that Jesus was born of a virgin, so he could not have been simply a man.  We, instead, were created in his image, as your bible says.  That is a contradiction.
QUOTE (rms2001)
next question please Alex.

aCTUALLY, Alex Trebek gives answers, you provide the question tongue.gif laugh.gif

PS. when did foe-hammer "prove jesusphreaks accusations wrong" ?  that does not even make sense.  I just proved foe-hammer's sentence development wrong.  I just made that up.  It's jibberish.  How about, "I detentionated your theological presuppositions incorrect through intellectual mannerism" ?  Sounds great, but it makes no sense.

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mr. Chips @ Aug 11 2004, 07:47 PM)
St. Patrick put it best, when he used a 3 leaf clover as an analogy. What I don't , understand, rms, is why are you trying to prove that there is only one god , Jehovah? You have said before that Jesus was god's son, not god himself. If God were to have a son, he would be a god. Consider that Jesus was born of a virgin, so he could not have been simply a man. We, instead, were created in his image, as your bible says. That is a contradiction.

Not trying to prove there is one God, but that Jesus is not God Almighty.
Jesus is ‘a’ god, but not God. We humans are gods to say animals. Jesus is a god to humans but not God. Jesus is not God Almighty, just a ‘god’ in the rank of things.

1 Corinthians 8:5, 6 tells us; “5 For even though there are those who are called “gods,” whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God the Father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ.”

Think about that carefully.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2004, 11:51:00 PM »

I looked carefully at that verse, and what it is saying is that there is one father, and one son.  It says "god the father" and "the lord Jesus Christ".  Just because the author wrote "lord Jesus Christ" instead of "God's Son the Lord Jesus Christ" does not mean he is not one and the same.  It was omitted, why?  who knows, I do that all the time when I write.  It is of no significance.
This is another example of twisting the verses in the holy bible.  The bible is not hiding secret messages, it was meant to reach all people, and to be simple to understand.  Most children could read that verse and tell me it meant God is the father, Jesus is the son.  When you overanalyze a book, you take things out of context.

loai

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2004, 12:22:00 AM »

tongue.gif  Good night!  cool.gif

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »

jesusphreak, your grasping it straws man. I have used both the KJV and the NWT to prove my points, but wait I must be wrong b/c I never used your version of the Bible? Well I’m sooo sorry but we can’t have every thing can we? I don’t know who by name translated the NWT, but that doesn’t matter. I still proved my points with other versions of the Bible. But I will find out soon enough who translated it.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mr. Chips @ Aug 12 2004, 02:47 AM)
aCTUALLY, Alex Trebek gives answers, you provide the question tongue.gif laugh.gif

PS. when did foe-hammer "prove jesusphreaks accusations wrong" ?  that does not even make sense.  I just proved foe-hammer's sentence development wrong.  I just made that up.  It's jibberish.  How about, "I detentionated your theological presuppositions incorrect through intellectual mannerism" ?  Sounds great, but it makes no sense.

What!?.............................

While the contestants pick the topics in the categories, Alex does indeed read/ask the questions.

Even when i blatantly prove your accusations wrong, you totally dismiss your previous accusations while not even backing it up, and then move on to another half-ass issue.

Why did my sentence structure not make sense?

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2004, 01:02:00 PM »

What!?.............................

While the contestants pick the topics in the categories, Alex does indeed read/ask the questions.

you have to answer in the form of a question (eg. What is Theodore Roosevelt?), and when you would choose a category there is no question mark (?) therefore , it is not a question.  Questions are not answered with questions.  Wow, that was a pointless arguement.

QUOTE (foehammmer)
Why did my sentence structure not make sense?

QUOTE (foehammer)
Even when i blatantly prove your accusations wrong,

You cannot proove accusations wrong.  They're ACCUSATIONS.  If you has said "so-called facts in you accusations" that would have made sense.  I'm not a typereader but I like to see good sentence structure.  Please don't take that personally.

On with the discussion.  Foe-hammer, what is your opinion of the various biblical translations?

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

Doh!.......

You're right, Mr. Chips.  Silly me.  But you did understand what i was trying to say.

As far as my view of the various biblical translations, I really don't have one; I have always stuck with the KJV of the bible.

muerte

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2004, 03:01:00 PM »

You do know that the majority of the Eastern Orthodox Church is not associated with the Catholic Church, right?

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2006, 11:31:00 PM »

Kinda fun to bring a dead thread back to life.

Sooo, jesusphreak its been a little over two years. Are you still as hard headed as you were than? Just curious is all.

Who else is still around who contributed to this three page battle?

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(rms2001 @ Nov 14 2006, 12:38 AM) View Post

Kinda annoying to bring a dead thread back to life for no reason at all.  I love cluttering the forums.

Sooo, jesusphreak its been a little over two years. Are you still as hard headed as you were than? Just curious is all.

Who else is still around who contributed to this eight page battle?

Better.

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Nov 14 2006, 04:06 PM) View Post

Better.

Oh ya, that’s real intelligent. Really, that took what, two seconds of thought time? Isn’t it past your bedtime? Not like theres a whole hell of a lot going on around here. And I know I my question wasn’t directed to you.

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »

Wow, this is not a friendly thread.  

@ the arguing users::::  Why must you argue  so much about religion?  Can't you respect others' beliefs without attempting to change them at every opportunity?  You're not  going to convince anyone that your religion is "the true one" over the internet on a message board of an xbox website....

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Dec 3 2006, 12:39 AM) View Post

Wow, this is not a friendly thread.  

@ the arguing users::::  Why must you argue  so much about religion?  Can't you respect others' beliefs without attempting to change them at every opportunity?  You're not  going to convince anyone that your religion is "the true one" over the internet on a message board of an xbox website....

I agree.

I am a non-denominational Christian and believe completely in the Bible.

I have studied numerous religions closely and have come to a very important conclusion:

The greatest and most powerful cults out there are a very, very, very close variant of true Christianity and distort the truth while supplying tons of "evidence" that was usually manipulated by someone in their historical lineage - be careful what you choose to believe and really spend time searching for the truth yourself...your eternity is depending on it.

Juniorman030790

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

I like to call myself agnostic even though I like to lean more towards christian creationism because I do not like to think of myself as a descendant from an ape or w/e...

I believe that IF there is a heaven and a God, that if one tries to pursue good actions throughout their life and do good things for the betterment of mankind, then this "all mighty" and "loving" God will allow those kind souls into the proposed "heaven". If they have done evil things throughout life, such as murder then I think IF there is indeed a "Hell" then those evil-doers will go to hell.

If this "God" people argue of really does exist and is as kind as so many people say, then he will understand my confused ways and understand how I am agnostic and will not condemn me for my beliefs. I try to be a kind person and so I hope to go to a "heaven" if there is indeed a place. If not, then I will just be another dead SOB in a hole in the ground.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]