xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: What Religion/denomination Are You?  (Read 1469 times)

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
What Religion/denomination Are You?
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2004, 01:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mr. Chips @ Aug 4 2004, 01:51 AM)
I didn't call you a new age loonie.  Let's face it there are crackpots all around us, and I wasn't calling you one, nor calling you a dick like you just called me.  I was having an appropriate discussion.

and it's not completely opposite, but you said something which contrasted your original statement, I could go back and grab all the quotes but people can see it for themselves.

P.S. I'm willing to argue but not name-call smile.gif

I wasn't calling you a dick, I was saying if you wanted to act like one, I could too... but you obviously don't.  And I never contradicted myself.  I said I have my beliefs, but tha truth is, I don't know.  There's nothing contradicting.  It's just looking at it from a realistic point of view.

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2004, 03:35:00 AM »

Mitch, I have to say you’re the bravest 16 year old I think I’ve ever seen. Been around Whiteness for most of my 19 years. I don’t know if a person that has been in the truth for 40 years could have done a better job than you did.

Keep up the good work and don’t let these unbelievers discourage you. Stand by the truth and keep answering all their questions, and know Jehovah will guide you thru it.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

Been around Whiteness for most of my 19 years.

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »

You forget to type out a message there Chips?

krustytheclown

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (nagmine @ Aug 4 2004, 01:43 AM)
haha it cracks me up that a jehova witness and a mormon are bashing each other when thet both have so many issues. For one Jehova witnesses believe jesus isnt god when the bible clearly states he is and then we have mormons who believe all sorta crazy things. I mean they believe that blacks were men who became corrupt. Thats racsim! and so when people get mad what do they do? they change the story and make it ok to be black but wont let them preach haha racsim again! ooh gota change the story again tongue.gif funny mormons.

Im a baptist but mainly i dont set my believes on what baptist believe. I believe the bible and that jesus died for our sins enough said.

Ok, where in the bible does it "clearly" say that Jesus is God?

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (xbox beat box @ Aug 4 2004, 02:19 PM)
I had to take another look...

Whiteness...what the fuck does that mean?

Just a type-o. I typed it at like 4am, I’m allowed to make a mistake
Should have been “Witness”

QUOTE (nagmine @ Aug 4 2004, 01:43 AM)
IFor one Jehova witnesses believe jesus isnt god when the bible clearly states he is

I'm wondering the same thing as krusty here. The Bible never says Jesus is God, it says he is the son of God. And I don't think a Witness would tell you different b/c its just not true.

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »

They are all linked yes, but not one in the same. The Bible clearly outlines them as three different beings.

Matthew 3:17 says: Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved."
It dose not say: Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: “This is one of my three sides, the beloved Son, whom I have approved. No, it says he is HIS SON.

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are in no way one in the same, and the Bible dose not say this any where in it. It clearly says they are not one in the same.

Jesus was created first. Every thing was created thru Jesus, thats also why he is referred to as the “Master worker”. Also since Jesus was created be for all things, he was perfect. This is why Jesus gave his life, to give humans the opportunity to take back what Adam has lost, perfection, and ever lasting life on a paradise Earth.
John 3:16: “ For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.”

krustytheclown

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2004, 10:14:00 PM »

I never ever understood why people believe in the trinity. The idea of a trinity is just stupid, it dosen't even make sense.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »

You forget to type out a message there Chips?

I was trying to avoid being a "dick" and so just typed nothing smile.gif
I have no clue how that could be funny unless JW's were white supremacist.   unsure.gif

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (Owtlaw333 @ Aug 2 2004, 03:07 AM)
huh.gif ...where'd you get that date from.  I mean, it's a lil specific, so it sounds... weird...

Reading back on this post, I though I'd answer this question. Its a very common one really. One I asked when I was studying, and one I go over alot.

The year 1914 is more than just a date, its the year Jesus was made King in Heaven.

-----
So God’s rulership, as represented by the “tree,” was cut down in 607 B.C.E. No longer was there a government to represent God’s rulership in the earth. Thus, in 607 B.C.E. a period of time began that Jesus Christ later referred to as “the appointed times of the nations,” or, “the times of the Gentiles.” During these “appointed times” God did not have a government to represent his rulership in the earth.

What was to happen at the end of these “appointed times of the nations”? Jehovah was to give the power to rule to the One “who has the legal right.” This One is Jesus Christ. So if we can find out when “the appointed times of the nations” end, we will know when Christ begins to rule as king.

According to Daniel chapter four, these “appointed times” would be “seven times.” Daniel shows that there would be “seven times” during which God’s rulership, as represented by the “tree,” would not be in operation over the earth. (Daniel 4:16, 23) How long are these “seven times”?

In Revelation chapter 12, verses 6 and 14, we learn that 1,260 days are equal to “a time [that is, 1 time] and times [that is, 2 times] and half a time.” That is a total of 3 1/2 times. So “a time” would be equal to 360 days. Therefore, “seven times” would be 7 times 360, or 2,520 days. Now if we count a day for a year, according to a Bible rule, the “seven times” equal 2,520 years.—Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6.

We have already learned that “the appointed times of the nations” began in the year 607 B.C.E. So by counting 2,520 years from that date, we come down to 1914 C.E. That is the year these “appointed times” ended. Millions of people still living remember the things that happened in 1914. In that year, World War I began a period of terrible trouble that has continued to our day. This means that Jesus Christ began to rule as king of God’s heavenly government in 1914. And because the Kingdom has already started its rule, how timely it is that we pray for it to “come” and wipe Satan’s wicked system of things from the earth!—Matthew 6:10; Daniel 2:44.
-----

Thats how the year 1914 came about, any more questions?

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2004, 01:07:00 AM »

hahaha i mean i don't buy the whole jesus was better than us thing.  Let alone that jesus was crowned king of "heaven".  Belive what you want but that made me laugh and i only read down to that line

thomes08

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2004, 01:09:00 AM »

Now if we count a day for a year,

Why are you counting a day for a year?  Where did that come from?

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (thomes08 @ Aug 5 2004, 02:10 AM)
hahaha i mean i don't buy the whole jesus was better than us thing.  Let alone that jesus was crowned king of "heaven".  Belive what you want but that made me laugh and i only read down to that line

thomes08

Just keep laughing... If you were smart, you would have read the whole post.

QUOTE (Owtlaw333 @ Aug 5 2004, 02:12 AM)
Why are you counting a day for a year? Where did that come from?

In prophecy a day is at times used to stand for one year. This can be noted at Ezekiel 4:6: “You must lie upon your right side in the second case, and you must carry the error of the house of Judah forty days. A day for a year, a day for a year, is what I have given you.”

Also Numbers 14:34: “By the number of the days that YOU spied out the land, forty days, a day for a year, a day for a year, YOU will answer for YOUR errors forty years, as YOU must know what my being estranged means.”

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2004, 10:48:00 PM »

Is this truly and organization that God is using? Or could it be, again, that as in time of old, Satan is again twisting true Christianity to distort God's purpose?

So Satan is behind the Jehova's witness? Is that actually what your saying?

muhaha.gif Is the Devil actually waging a secret war on Christians with the constant barrage of ringing doorbells and bad suits of the Jehova?? No one told me wink.gif

jesusphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2004, 11:11:00 PM »

So Satan is behind the Jehova's witness? Is that actually what your saying?

Is the Devil actually waging a secret war on Christians with the constant barrage of ringing doorbells and bad suits of the Jehova?? No one told me

Nice sarcasm, but I don't necessarily disagree. I don't think it's any secret war, though, I think it's something that's actively going on.

Something to think about is this:

After the birth of Christianity, every single major religion that has been formed has been some form of a corrupted Christianity. Islam, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, even Bahaism. Every modern day religion relates to Jesus Christ in some way. What they don't all relate to, is him being the same person. They all have a different idea of him.

It's almost like, predating Christianity, idol worship and different forms of monotheism and polytheism ran rampant, but after the advent of Christ, Satan realized that he could never win by making a religion or a person better than Christ (Christ is the most perfect person anyone could ever think of), but he knew that if he twisted the truth, the truth would be lost. I think that's whats going on.

Colonel, I jsut realized what your avatar was. I saw the Best of Will Ferrell the other night. I find the Old Prospector, Devil, and "GET OFF THE SHED!!!" skits absolutely hilarious.....

Anyway....peace out and may God bless you. And I mean that. I just wish that you could come to understand what he's done for you. Anyway....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6