xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Fahrenheit 9/11, Just Wanted To Get Peoples  (Read 2152 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11, Just Wanted To Get Peoples
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2004, 09:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ween311 @ Jun 21 2004, 05:28 AM)
Logic?  How about this for logic.  If he is not doing it for money why is it being released in movie theaters?  If it was for the pure unadulterated knowledge that you think he is bringing to the masses, why is it not shown for free on PBS or BBC or any other public broadcast stations?  

Listen, I am not trying to put you down for liking Michael Moore or his movies.  I said that I believe he has the right to make whatever movies he wants, but if you think that he is making these movies to enlighten people then you need to open your eyes.  Don't take that the wrong way please.  I am not trying to imply anything, but do you have any idea how much money Moore will make from this movie? Part of his purpose is to bring these subjects to light but he will get very rich off this movie.  Great for him.  He deserves it for all his hard work but don't think that he is not doing it for the money.  Why do you think he chose to make a big deal out of Disney not distributing his movie when he did?  For publicity maybe?  He knew he was going to have to find a different distibutor when he started making his movie.  

Maybe I am being too cynical.  I just think that almost everybody has something to sell and you need to not blindly believe everything that you read or see.  Especially movies.

Also, I am not making this personal, so please try to refrain from personal insults.  It does not help your case any.

Oh yeah...how you arrive at that conclusion?  I haven't said anything about Bush in this thread at all........talk about logic.....

well, thanks for enlightening me as that he will make money of this movie  dry.gif

thats a no brainer, everyone makes money, politicians (i cant believe they pay bush, he cant even talk), police officers, etc

but moore makes money, yes, but he also brings certain issues to light, issues that no one else (and i can say this, as know one else has come close to what he has done with these issues) has the balls to
if he was really in it for the money, he wouldnt be so biased, or make the movie out to piss of bush supporters or all that crap
like i said, yes he will make money, but he also does it to enlighten (if he showed it on PBS, how many people would see it, 2?)

im just telling you, its a little common sense
what hes doing with this movie would be like making a WWII film, and supporting germanies efforts and ideas in the War (ie, moore is going way against the white house in this movie, but now it seems the people want that, as bushes rating is at what.. less then 50%?)

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2004, 09:20:00 AM »

Thanks for finally agreeing with me!

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2004, 09:25:00 AM »

"We're selling it as a broad-based entertainment," Ortenberg said. "It's a good story well told by a master storyteller; he explains complex issues in layman's terms."

Broad-based entertainment.....

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ween311 @ Jun 21 2004, 12:25 PM)
Just another 2 cents for thought.

Here is a quote from Tom Ortenberg who is the head of Lionsgate Films (one of the two companies that bought the movie from Mirimax.)

Broad-based entertainment.....

ok, but whats your point?

entertainment is a word, it proves what then?

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

I am not trying to prove anything.  It is my opinion that Michael Moore does not always portray the whole truth in his movies.  He puts a spin on it.  I never said that is bad.  Basically everybody puts a spin on what they are selling.  That's how they get it to appeal to people.  I am just trying to point out AGAIN, that it is just a movie and not to blindly accept everything in it as purely factual.  I have not seen the movie yet so I am only basing this opinion on what I saw from Bowling for Columbine.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2004, 11:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ween311 @ Jun 21 2004, 01:51 PM)
I am not trying to prove anything.  It is my opinion that Michael Moore does not always portray the whole truth in his movies.  He puts a spin on it.  I never said that is bad.  Basically everybody puts a spin on what they are selling.  That's how they get it to appeal to people.  I am just trying to point out AGAIN, that it is just a movie and not to blindly accept everything in it as purely factual.  I have not seen the movie yet so I am only basing this opinion on what I saw from Bowling for Columbine.

yea, but the way he makes his movie isnt necessarily for fact, but for results

i like how he is biased, and portrays things worse then they are, at least in the eyes of alot of americans, it can help lead to some sort of change

frankly, the two issues hes big on (guns and bush) i want him to make them out worse then they are, as guns i dont care about, and bush, i want him out of office, hes retarded

melon

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

Why is everyone picking arguments about Moore?
So what if he can be a bit cruel on the average shop worker?

He is getting a point of view accross which would not be heard otherwise.
The right wing has intense propaganda spewing out every day, how else can you explain some of the people on this forum?
He is one left wing voice faced by dozens of right wing voices.

If you belive him or not it is good he tries to get a different perspective across and if he opens a few peoples eyes along the way, even better.

Since moore has said he wants wants people to see his movies and doesnt care if they download it. Has anyone got a copy?

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

nah, i decided against downloading it, as id rather go to the movies and just enjoy what he has to show about this govt

xFusioNx

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

It's a fucking documentary, not a movie.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2004, 03:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (xFusioNx @ Jun 21 2004, 05:59 PM)
It's a fucking documentary, not a movie.

just wondering who that was directed to?

xFusioNx

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

wink.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »

yea, i just wanted a kind of peaceful thread, not people saying moore isnt believable or shit like that

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2004, 10:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (xFusioNx @ Jun 22 2004, 02:56 AM)
Not you raptor, just the other ignorant pukes who keep calling it a movie.

It's a documentary. Get it right.

I noticed no one commented on my earlier post in this thread either, maybe people should read the whole thread before posting.

wink.gif

movie/mockumentery/docudrama can all describe this film.. but defiently not documentry..

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Jun 26 2004, 01:32 AM)
movie/mockumentery/docudrama can all describe this film.. but defiently not documentry..

umm, ok?

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »

Doc`u`menĀ“ta`ry
Noun 1. documentary - a film or TV program presenting the facts about a person or event

micheal moore presents lies and staged scenes..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10