xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Fahrenheit 9/11, Just Wanted To Get Peoples  (Read 2153 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11, Just Wanted To Get Peoples
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (Heet @ Jun 19 2004, 09:56 AM)
He is just a fat lying liberal and thats all.  I vote we send him and the rest of Hollywood to all of the third world countries.  They think they hate us now...........

good one, any proof of it, or are you turning into nemt now?

green_beetle

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »

i like his films alot.
my class at school atm is studying bowling for columbine.
all i can say is that his films go through alot of editing to make it seem alot worse than it is.

eg. marilyn manson scene where everyone blames manson for the shootings. he edited what every politician and newsreader said by cuting out everything except the words marilyn manson, then played 50 different people saying "marilyn manson" making it seem like everyone was against the singer.
but never showed the whole speech what the people were actually talking about.

im not saying the things in the movie arnt true, just telling that things in the film are edited to sound worse than they actually are.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2004, 06:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (green_beetle @ Jun 19 2004, 08:16 PM)
i like his films alot.
my class at school atm is studying bowling for columbine.
all i can say is that his films go through alot of editing to make it seem alot worse than it is.

eg. marilyn manson scene where everyone blames manson for the shootings. he edited what every politician and newsreader said by cuting out everything except the words marilyn manson, then played 50 different people saying "marilyn manson" making it seem like everyone was against the singer.
but never showed the whole speech what the people were actually talking about.

im not saying the things in the movie arnt true, just telling that things in the film are edited to sound worse than they actually are.

yes, but from a standpoint, he does that (IMO) to get the point across

i know its very biased, but on an issue like columbine (with guns and all that shit) making it sound worse, is better, in that it has a bigger impact

and he'll probably do the same with 9/11, which alot of people will hate him for, but people have to wake up and see some of the shit this country has done under bush is ridiculoud (for nemt, words like enron, holoburton (sp?) and this fucking fuel period*** come to mind)

***just for the record, if anyone wonders why prices went down, its because a few EPA bans on refineries were lifted, allowinf for more prodruction, so in exchange for fuel, we get polluted (haha, like it already isnt) air

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2004, 02:22:00 AM »

i know its very biased, but on an issue like columbine (with guns and all that shit) making it sound worse, is better, in that it has a bigger impact

So what your saying is that truth should be sacrificed just to make a bigger impact?

I believe in freedom of speech, so I am not going to say that Michael Moore should not be able to edit his mockumentaries the way he wants, but remember he is making a lot money for this film.  At the same time, I think that all media including journalists, newsanchors, and talk show hosts on the left and the right do the same thing.  News is not fair and objective anymore.  It is all about ratings because that is what drives how much the news outlets can charge for advertising.  Call me cynical but I don't think that you can take anything that you read or hear or watch on the news as the total truth.

I also don't think Michael Moore is brave or has "balls" for making this movie.  I think it is driven by greed.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2004, 06:30:00 AM »

The difference between Rush and Mike Moore is that Rush tells the truth.  And no, im not turning into Nemt but I agree with just about everything he has said.  Liberals are dreamers and Conservatives are realists.  If you want to believe in fantasy then by all means, vote for and support liberals.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2004, 06:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ween311 @ Jun 20 2004, 05:22 AM)

So what your saying is that truth should be sacrificed just to make a bigger impact?

I believe in freedom of speech, so I am not going to say that Michael Moore should not be able to edit his mockumentaries the way he wants, but remember he is making a lot money for this film.  At the same time, I think that all media including journalists, newsanchors, and talk show hosts on the left and the right do the same thing.  News is not fair and objective anymore.  It is all about ratings because that is what drives how much the news outlets can charge for advertising.  Call me cynical but I don't think that you can take anything that you read or hear or watch on the news as the total truth.

I also don't think Michael Moore is brave or has "balls" for making this movie.  I think it is driven by greed.

wow, you never fail to impress me, in that human intelligence can go so low

first off, you must be one of the NRA gun yuppies, in that guns must get you off, because what he did with bowling for columbine was a GOOD thing. it helped show (in a very biased way) the retardeness of all this gun shit, and how easy it is to get one

and if you think hes driven by greed, your either retarded or jealous. this man truly does have the balls to make a movie that shows the fuckups of the Bush administration, and insist on showing it.
so now i think your also a bush whore, who thinks bush never ever does anything wrong and you will defend his honor for no apperent reason.

either way, i wonder why you still talk........

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2004, 06:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (Heet @ Jun 20 2004, 09:30 AM)
The difference between Rush and Mike Moore is that Rush tells the truth.  And no, im not turning into Nemt but I agree with just about everything he has said.  Liberals are dreamers and Conservatives are realists.  If you want to believe in fantasy then by all means, vote for and support liberals.

no, im pretty sure you did turn into nemt

and whatever, if all you people without brain cells (as nemt would put it) wanna just throw around the term "liberal" like it really means anything, go ahead and do it
calling someone a liberal doesnt change the facts, or it doesnt make there argument any less

and just so you know, im niether a liberal or conservative

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2004, 06:59:00 AM »

Your a liberal.  Your opinions and views of the things discussed have revealed your ideologies.  Your not comfortable with that?  Its ok, most arent.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2004, 07:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (Heet @ Jun 20 2004, 09:59 AM)
Your a liberal.  Your opinions and views of the things discussed have revealed your ideologies.  Your not comfortable with that?  Its ok, most arent.

haha, thanks for putting words in my mouths

and im not old enough to even vote, but if you feel as labeling me as a liberal because it gives you security, even though your wrong and have no idea what the hell your actually talking about, but instead list people as liberals as your defense, then go ahead, i dont really care

all i know is i may seem biased, but on issues im fair, it just depends on what issues they are and how i feel about them

sometimes ill argue on the conservative side if i really feel its the right side and sometimes ill argue on the liberal sides, or sometimes i wont argu because people like you fuck it up

seriously, if thats all you, and nemt can ever do is call people liberals and make it seem like its a downfall to themselves, then just stop posting

anyways, back on topic (hopefully) or are we gonna keep namecalling heet?
anyone else have opinions on this film, or anyone seen it yet (UK)??

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2004, 07:31:00 AM »

No, man.  Thats my point.  You see me addressing you as a liberal as name calling.  Thing is if someone "labled" me a conservative, I would be honored.  And ya I can tell your young (thats not a putdown either man) but you really should go and read about the liberal stance on issues because I think you will be looking in the mirror.  Again, Im not calling you names, but you said your not a liberal.  Looking at your posts, thats just not true.  Nobody can label us.  You can only label yourself with the opinions you post.  Ive labeled myself a conservative because thats what my posts reflect, and thats what I am.

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »

wow, you never fail to impress me, in that human intelligence can go so low

first off, you must be one of the NRA gun yuppies, in that guns must get you off, because what he did with bowling for columbine was a GOOD thing. it helped show (in a very biased way) the retardeness of all this gun shit, and how easy it is to get one

and if you think hes driven by greed, your either retarded or jealous. this man truly does have the balls to make a movie that shows the fuckups of the Bush administration, and insist on showing it.
so now i think your also a bush whore, who thinks bush never ever does anything wrong and you will defend his honor for no apperent reason.

either way, i wonder why you still talk........

No, I am not an NRA gun yuppie.  I don't own a gun, but I support the freedom that people are allowed to own guns.  I believe in the freedom of speech also, so you can say what you want to say.  That's fine with me.  You have that freedom.  I never put down his movies.  I just said to look at what he is doing as a form of entertainment.  It's a movie.  

You don't think he made this money for money?  You think he made it just because he wants to stand up for what is right?  If you truly believe that then I feel sorry for you.  I don't think Dan Rather or Rush Limbaugh do it for the good of the people either.  I think they also do what they do for money too.  Not just Michael Moore.  Don't cry.

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2004, 09:20:00 AM »

Michael Moore is just a fat ugly fuck who's trying to find things and discuss them in a wrong way and make a movie out of them so he can get money.  Flame me all you want but that's how I see it. I dont like bush or hate him i dont even give a shit about him...

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2004, 09:20:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (Heet @ Jun 20 2004, 12:20 PM)
Right, Moore believes that guns kill people.  Now THAT is an intelligent person.   rolleyes.gif

yay for sarcasm  laugh.gif

like i said, i really dont t ry to label myself as anything, as i try to be unbiased as possible, but on some issues i get carried away, espacially when people like ween try to act or post intelligently, but fail at it

i do think moore does it for the documentaries, or why else would he pick such picky subjects?
if he wanted just money, he sure as hell wouldnt pick two of this countries most picky subjects, knowing full well he might even lose money on them

its called logic, use it ween

and raver, ur just an idiot from what i can gather

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2004, 02:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ Jun 20 2004, 07:53 PM)
yay for sarcasmĀ  laugh.gif

like i said, i really dont t ry to label myself as anything, as i try to be unbiased as possible, but on some issues i get carried away, espacially when people like ween try to act or post intelligently, but fail at it

i do think moore does it for the documentaries, or why else would he pick such picky subjects?
if he wanted just money, he sure as hell wouldnt pick two of this countries most picky subjects, knowing full well he might even lose money on them

its called logic, use it ween

and raver, ur just an idiot from what i can gather

Logic?  How about this for logic.  If he is not doing it for money why is it being released in movie theaters?  If it was for the pure unadulterated knowledge that you think he is bringing to the masses, why is it not shown for free on PBS or BBC or any other public broadcast stations?  

Listen, I am not trying to put you down for liking Michael Moore or his movies.  I said that I believe he has the right to make whatever movies he wants, but if you think that he is making these movies to enlighten people then you need to open your eyes.  Don't take that the wrong way please.  I am not trying to imply anything, but do you have any idea how much money Moore will make from this movie? Part of his purpose is to bring these subjects to light but he will get very rich off this movie.  Great for him.  He deserves it for all his hard work but don't think that he is not doing it for the money.  Why do you think he chose to make a big deal out of Disney not distributing his movie when he did?  For publicity maybe?  He knew he was going to have to find a different distibutor when he started making his movie.  

Maybe I am being too cynical.  I just think that almost everybody has something to sell and you need to not blindly believe everything that you read or see.  Especially movies.

Also, I am not making this personal, so please try to refrain from personal insults.  It does not help your case any.

Oh yeah...how you arrive at that conclusion?  I haven't said anything about Bush in this thread at all........talk about logic.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10