xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Fahrenheit 9/11, Just Wanted To Get Peoples  (Read 2155 times)

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11, Just Wanted To Get Peoples
« on: June 18, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

well, first off, for anyone not in the US, i hate you, as youve already had the chance to see it

second, nemt, dont reply here, we all know your going to call micheal moore a higa ass liberal, and all that crap, and that the movie probably has no basis and no valid points and all that crap, so save it my little minded friend

ok, on to the topic

so what our your peoples opinion on the movie (if youve already seen it) and if you havnt seen it, are you going to?
(it comes out June 25th)

personally, i like his work (bowling for columbine was very well done) and i dont see why this subject he picked is any more controversial, just because its going on now doesnt mean we cant see radical sides of it.
i also am a little pissed that it never came out in the US earlier, it just shows some people didnt have the balls to show it, and some people had somethign to hide for not allowing it to be showed.

either way, whats your peoples thoughts on it
(sp, i dont care, nemt correct it for me)

This post has been edited by 67thRaptorBull on Jun 19 2004, 04:02 AM

Spency234

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 09:49:00 AM »

Very interested in what he has to say, and no I have not seen it yet.

I loved Bowling for Columbine as well, I can't beleive George Bush hasn't "disposed" of him yet.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 10:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Jun 18 2004, 11:46 AM)
Very interested in what he has to say, and no I have not seen it yet.

I loved Bowling for Columbine as well, I can't beleive George Bush hasn't "disposed" of him yet.

yea, i know

the best was how he kept bugging Charlton Heston on the little girl that was killed by a gun and almost made him cry

or when he had the paralyzed kid from columbine try to buy bullets at k-mart

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

micheal moore a higa ass liberal, and all that crap

Yep, you are right about that!

HeLiuM

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ween311 @ Jun 18 2004, 07:15 PM)

Yep, you are right about that!

his points aren't invalid simply because hes a liberal (and don't reply with "yeah, his points are invalid because hes a fat biased hippy". Give it some substance).  In the past he has supported his arguments with actual statistics and facts (some people here could could work on that).  Don't dismiss it until you've seen it.

He's really fighting the R rating.  At 16, you're supposed to be blind to violence, at 17 you can fight a war (and finally see rated R movies).

muerte

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ Jun 18 2004, 11:42 AM)
well, first off, for anyone now in the US, i hate you, as youve already had the chance to see it

Good job... I really care that you hate me!

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/

mirx999

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »

While the guy pisses me off like crazy (he's a green, by the way),  He's a master of research.

muerte

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (mirx999 @ Jun 18 2004, 03:27 PM)
While the guy pisses me off like crazy (he's a green, by the way),  He's a master of research.

He's the master of bending public opinion.  That's something to be proud of, but its also a tool for his misleading works.

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (muerte @ Jun 18 2004, 09:28 PM)
He's the master of bending public opinion.  That's something to be proud of, but its also a tool for his misleading works.

I agree, I'm not a Moore fan at all but apparently this movie is very different then the rest of his trash. Fox news even gave it a great review last week and by a guy who slammed Bowling for Columbine really hard. When someone at fox news is saying nice things about Micheal Moore it makes me think this movie is going to be really powerful.

While I liken Moore to Rush as an entertainer and not someone who you should get your "news" from. I am beyond thrilled that someone is finally talking up about Saudi Arabia  and their connections to terrorism.

P.S. that sight you linked to is just as spun as a Moore documentary.... ironic isn't it ;)

This post has been edited by Colonel32 on Jun 18 2004, 09:14 PM

nagmine

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

atleast he practices his right of freedom of speech

might as well use it while we still can

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »

QUOTE (HeLiuM @ Jun 18 2004, 07:43 PM)
his points aren't invalid simply because hes a liberal (and don't reply with "yeah, his points are invalid because hes a fat biased hippy". Give it some substance).  In the past he has supported his arguments with actual statistics and facts (some people here could could work on that).  Don't dismiss it until you've seen it.

He's really fighting the R rating.  At 16, you're supposed to be blind to violence, at 17 you can fight a war (and finally see rated R movies).

I never said his points aren't valid.  I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't really comment on it, but just be careful of what Michael Moore presents as facts.  There is much proof out there that he manipulates people to get his own version of the "truth."  

For example...the whole Disney not distributing his movie deal.  Disney told him that when they fronted the money for the filming.  did Michael Moore make a big deal of it then?  No, he waited until right before Cannes to get more publicity about his movie.  

Again, I can not comment on the movie because I have not seen it, and I am sure that many people disagree with me about Michael Moore himself, just be careful of what he presents as truth.  Remember that no matter how political he tries to make it, it is still a just a movie.

Spency234

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2004, 05:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (Colonel32 @ Jun 18 2004, 05:09 PM)
P.S. that sight you linked to is just as spun as a Moore documentary.... ironic isn't it ;)

My thoughts exactly.  I know the truth is out there, but I don't ever expect to actually find out what it is.

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

He is just a fat lying liberal and thats all.  I vote we send him and the rest of Hollywood to all of the third world countries.  They think they hate us now...........

xFusioNx

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2004, 10:01:00 AM »

I've read all his books and personally can't wait to see this documentary. That's what it is for all those who called it "simply a movie"

Some of what he says, sure it could be considered spin, but the same goes for any type news broadcast of documentary. The spin comes into play because the director is focusing on what he sees as the most important points and cuts out the rest. If that's a problem then his movies would be like 10 hours long to see every bit of footage he takes. The point of editing is to cut out the unecessary footage yet still keep the message of the scene intact.

This latest Moore documentary will be great. I love his presentation and the fact that he has some big ass balls when it comes to confronting people.

Alot of the points he is bringing forth are already known but no one, thanks to our choked media, has had the nuts to present them in a public medium.

Amen to him for pushing these things to light.

cainedna

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (Heet @ Jun 19 2004, 03:56 PM)
He is just a fat lying liberal and thats all.  I vote we send him and the rest of Hollywood to all of the third world countries.  They think they hate us now...........

Totally!

Oh, wait. Were you being serious?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10