xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Fahrenheit 9/11, Just Wanted To Get Peoples  (Read 2233 times)

melon

• Archived User
Fahrenheit 9/11, Just Wanted To Get Peoples
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

I wonder how many Bush lovers will go and see the film before making there mind up, and how many will just denounce it as the work of the devil without seing it?

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (ahhh @ Jun 27 2004, 06:46 PM)
I think a few of them won't see it because they think that if they do then there money is supporting terrorism or something...

haha, that made me chuckle  jester.gif

beerchug.gif

The unProfessional

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2004, 04:31:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

I only wish they were different more often

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2004, 05:31:00 AM »

smile.gif

Nobody flame me, but the ending was HILARIOUS!!  laugh.gif

TSOPrano

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (The unProfessional @ Jun 26 2004, 09:25 PM)
Basically I can't help but let it affect my temper a little bit.  I'm laid back about most issues.  But, I know how much stock people put into movies.  People often see the word documentary and assume it's true.  Fact is, it's supposed to be true... or at least make an attempt at truth.

So if a propagandist, right or left, releases heavily opinionated material, marks it as Information, and people take it as gospel, there is a problem.

The films classification doesn't matter do you, raptor, because you're thinking for yourself.  You understand what Fahrenheit is about, and you're aware of it's purpose.  Anyone in LA can attest to the fact that the local media won't shut up about moore's "documentary".  It reminds me how many people (how few) aren't thinking for themselves.

What happens if the KKK produces a "documentary"?  Classification would matter a great deal.  Extreme example, I admit.

What the hell are you talking about? Everything that was in the film was based on fact.

Are you telling me the connections between the bin Laden's and Bush's is not fact? Are you telling me that the Taliban did not come to Texas to talk about the pipeline? Are you telling me people, such as the Saudis, did not benefit from 9/11? Are you telling me that major corporations and the American government (who is major corporations) are not going to benefit from Iraq?

Give me a break buddy. If a film was made by the KKK what facts can they base it off of? All they are about is hating black people. I don't see fact in that.

As much as Moore's documentary is biased, it is true. Anyone, right or left, can see this.

Tell me, if someone made a documentary about Hitler, how can they make it unbiased? You say "The holocaust was a terrible thing, many people were murdered" then on the other side of the spectrum, to make it unbiased, do you really say "Yeah, but the good things Hitler did were..."?

No, of course not.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »

Tell me, if someone made a documentary about Hitler, how can they make it unbiased? You say "The holocaust was a terrible thing, many people were murdered" then on the other side of the spectrum, to make it unbiased, do you really say "Yeah, but the good things Hitler did were..."?

thats a really good analogy, but some dumbass is going to say you are comparing bush to hitler and base thier legless argument around that...  dry.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

^ actually...

"theres and old saying tennesse, well its an old saying in texas, im sure its in tennesse... 'fool me once, shame on... shame on... you? fool me twice...... well you cant get fooled two times...'"

Banj

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

I watched it yesterday, I thought it was a bit of an anti climax to be honest. It wasn't the revolutionary piece it was touted as and I personally didn't think it was overtly anti-bush, it just brings to light a few things the public aren't aware of (Carlyle Group etc, etc).
I thought the piece on the woman who lost her son in Kabahla was bollocks, it seemed Michael Moore was going for the sympathy vote with that but let's be real about it. She's from a family that has a LOT of members in the military but seems so swing completely against when her son was killed in Iraq.......what the fuck did she expect? She said that her son was out there for 'nothing', fuck me woman, your son is in the army, don't you know he's invading a poverty stricken country and shooting poor people? A just cause to all idiot American fucks.
I personally think the army and everyone in it is shit, and was quite satisfied with it's/thier portrayal in Fahrenheit 9-11, a bunch of dip-shits with guns.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2004, 12:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (Banj @ Jun 29 2004, 07:49 AM)
I personally think the army and everyone in it is shit, and was quite satisfied with it's/thier portrayal in Fahrenheit 9-11, a bunch of dip-shits with guns.

Grow up, you cheese eating surrender monkey.

therebelious1

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2004, 01:49:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2004, 03:59:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2004, 04:07:00 AM »

QUOTE (Foe-hammer @ Jun 29 2004, 03:31 AM)

actually, banj's comment is righ on track with the army

moistness

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2004, 04:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (Foe-hammer @ Jun 29 2004, 10:31 AM)

Can we calm it down with the monkey insults please? dry.gif

Ween311

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »

I am not posting this to start any arguments, I just thought it was kind of humerous.  

I went to Blockbuster to rent Bowling for Columbine and Roger & Me (Michael Moore's other documentaries).  I got Roger & Me but  they did not have Bowling for Columbine.  I went to a record store at my mall to try to buy the DVD of it and I looked in the special interest section.  Not there.  Strange....that is where all of the other documentaries are.  I went to the front counter to ask if they had it in stock and the girl looked it up on her computer and guess what section it ended up being in.........Comedy.  Wierd.  

Again, not trying to start any arguments as I think this film should have been in the documentary section too, but I just found it kind of funny.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2004, 08:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (67thRaptorBull @ Jun 29 2004, 01:07 PM)
actually, banj's comment is righ on track with the army

I personally think the army and everyone in it is shit....

You obviously do not have any family or friends in the armed forces then, do you?  I value the opinions of those men and women who have fought, and who are now fighting to keep this nation free a lot more then some child venting his frustrations on issues he does not fully understand.  Give gratitude to those who have died for your freedom so you can bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10