xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: What Religion Do You Follow?  (Read 5074 times)

afortaleza

• Archived User
What Religion Do You Follow?
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2004, 02:38:00 AM »

I am Christian, and I believe that there is no other scape conclusion to atheists than nihilism, and some nihilistic person who lives in this world without constant desperation is alienated, wich leads me to two conclusions:

- One who says is atheist actually believes in a God but not the gods of religions
- One who says is atheist and really believe there is no God and lives normally is in a deep state os alienation cos nihilism leads to desperation.

But that's my opinion, for I believe that the reality of what you believe is how deep you live according to what you believe. That's why I think that every atheist, nihilistic person that lives normally actually is alienated.

taz1975uk

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »

I used to be Athiest,

but recently i am moving towards becoming a Pagan as I actualy feel that there is a higher power, spirit or deity at work.

I have always been wary of any groups that tell you how to live, I was lucky in the fact that my parents did not enforce religion on to me.

I agree with Helios regarding his views on religious wars, his views on satanism i will have to take a look into, my brother in law has just purchased "the Satanic Bible" I plan on taking a look at it with an open mind, if only to be able to offer/give some advice to him.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (Wolverine X @ Mar 17 2004, 09:12 PM)
I am a moslem

I hate when people do that...   dry.gif

You can spell words like photosynthesis, but you can't even spell Muslim? That's sad!  mad.gif

CyberPunk

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

- One who says is atheist actually believes in a God but not the gods of religions
- One who says is atheist and really believe there is no God and lives normally is in a deep state os alienation cos nihilism leads to desperation.

I always thought religion was used as a crutch to handle the pain of the real world. Like drugs, alcohol and video games. =D

I don't see how people can believe in something they don't know anything about. Nobody knows that a god exists. Believing in a god makes you a weak idiot. Its the same thing with people who claim they can see into the future or read peoples minds, they want to feel special so bad they are willing to lie to the world and themselves.

Nobody wants to believe that when you die you are gone, forever. Thats the bottom line.

Wake up kids. When you die, thats it. End of story. No heaven with roads paved of gold, no virgins everywhere, no coming back as an ant, no coming back as a human.

Here is a site for you Bible lovers.

SKoT

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2004, 09:09:00 PM »

laugh.gif

The chance that we exist is almost a singularity? Laff

People simply believe in it(God) to A )follow others B ) dont want to feel alone in the universe or that their lives dont matter or C ) think of church as a social event

I picked Christianity because it makes the most sense, and i believe in it

So, you picked because it makes the "most" sense, or beacuase you believe in it? Now im confused, you all say we believe in the same god, so how can one religion can better than another?

And btw, lemme see your calculations about the whole singularity of our existence.

Heres some evidence,

http://www.plasticba...ce_of_god.shtml

http://www.infidels....ange/aeanb.html

Plz read my earlier post

I have plenty of methodist/catholic/etc. friends and i have often gone to church with them, but while i was at their church(es), i could see that half(if not more) could not give a flying fuck what the preacher/minister/etc. had to say. (even adults) cut up, talked the whole time, and made jokes in the middle of a sermon. I was polite enough to dress up and be quiet and actually listen the whole time. What i got out of the sermon was, ways to better live your and those around you lives. The sheer absurdity of some of these grown people almost enraged me because those same people, always talk of their great belief and how they trust the holy savior, but do not even have the common courtesy to shut up and listen for 3 hours.

falser

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (CyberPunk @ Mar 19 2004, 02:55 AM)
No heaven with roads paved of gold, no virgins everywhere, no coming back as an ant, no coming back as a human.

Yup if there was some proof that Heaven contained virgins everywhere I'd probably look into religion more closely.  Unfortunately there's no reason for logically minded people do to so since there is not a shred of evidence of God existing or creating anything.

One of the largest criticisms of religion I have is that conflicting religions do not get along.  In particular, Christianity is the most guilty of this.  It's the Jesus way, or the highway.  If you don't follow Jesus you are immoral and evil tool of the Devil who will burn in eternal hellfire for his sins against the Lord and all that BS.  It really amazes me that in this day in age there's so many people that hang onto beliefs that have no bearing on reality.

falser

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2004, 05:58:00 PM »

DO NOT think of people who think otherwise as any less of people

But Christianity is inherently a proselytizing religion.  Christians might not come straight out with fire and brimstone warnings simply because they find it doesn't work anymore.  Instead the general trend is to use words like "saved" - people who do not worship Jesus haven't been saved, and it is a good Christian's duty to save them by converting them to Christianity.  That's just a clever spin on saying you're going to hell unless you believe what I believe.

There are plenty of books and intelligent arguements that show that science actually PROVES the existence of a god

Trust me, I've heard a lot of intelligent design and young-earth arguments before, and I can safely say that the entire "science" of creation is the laughing stock of the scientific community.  There are entire communities of fundamentalists that set up websites like answersingenesis in order to fool people into their twisted way of thinking.  Yet not a single theory set forth by them is considered scientific by anyone except themselves.

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (HiRoll3r @ Mar 18 2004, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Mar 18 2004, 11:56 AM)
I am a moslem

You can spell words like photosynthesis, but you can't even spell Muslim? That's sad!  mad.gif

Moslem is also a correct spelling of the word. It's like color and colour.

How are you going to tell me when I am Muslim? Muslim is the correct spelling of the word...

Would you like it if for example your name was John and I spelled it Jon or Jahn?  rolleyes.gif

G-Prime975

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2004, 07:56:00 AM »

ohmy.gif . I've only been to Synagogue once, but I have to go another 3 times in the next month for them to let me have my Bar Mitzvah there  dry.gif . Oh well, I'm actually Atheist (in the mental sense, not physical. Meaning I think like an Atheist, but I haven't yet converted).

Master-Chief

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

muhaha.gif  HOT  muhaha.gif topic!  biggrin.gif

nemt

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (player1 @ Mar 21 2004, 03:04 PM)
I was christened at a young age and raised christian but as Ive grown older Im more swung to the Jewish religion.

I donot believe that Jesus was the messiah and he certainly didnt forfill the aspects laid down by God in the old testament that the Messiah was to forfill .

He wasn't a good speller either.

Wolverine X

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2004, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Mar 21 2004, 06:30 AM)
I am a moslem

How are you going to tell me when I am Muslim? Muslim is the correct spelling of the word...

Would you like it if for example your name was John and I spelled it Jon or Jahn?  rolleyes.gif

Well Master chief.
May Allah be with you. And insya Allah, you will be more healthy, safety and jenius in the future. Amien.

Be a wish man ........ always.

dangpride

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Mar 20 2004, 09:30 PM)
I am a moslem

that's a completely different thing. in many countries they spell it "moslem" instead of american "muslim". but the name "john" will be in any other country the same ...  wink.gif

btw masterchief; you spelled buddhist wrong, or is it just another way how to spell it???  jester.gif

dangpride

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2004, 05:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (adambooth @ Mar 17 2004, 03:02 AM)
Am I the only Buddhist on this board?

nope, i'm also a buddhist.

Arvarden

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2004, 03:52:00 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13