xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: What Religion Do You Follow?  (Read 5084 times)

Raver758

• Archived User
What Religion Do You Follow?
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

Colonel32 this is kind of funny because it seems to me u saw sci-fi channel yesterday because this was exactly one of the things brought up and it used exactly what you said. What they were saying though was : Every person is born with goal in life. They don't even know it until they get there. If a brand new baby this hour was born it already has its future set to the goal. If something was to happen before you got to your goal you would re crenate into another baby and start your life all over again same goal. The same things in life are going to happen to you again but in a different way for example say you didn't get to your goal in 1970 because you died. You now live in the future same problems you have will occur but you have a choice weather to stop it or not. Its just a matter of taking the right steps to stop. Other then that we live life over and over and we don't even know it. You could be awake today and dead tomorrow no one knows how human life works.

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2004, 01:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (Colonel32 @ Mar 16 2004, 01:12 AM)
This going to sound crazy, but here's my "religious" thoughts....

I think our lives are trial runs....

K, don't laugh.... I think our "lives" are a trial run

if we screw it up enough we are sent back to try it again through re-incarnation(people can recall several lives under hypnotism).

But if we are sent back to try again we are not the same person the second time around. The "person we were" is lost forever to our families and friends on the other side, this is the punishment or "hell". You wife/parent/identity is lost forever

When you are reincarnated you are someone different, with a different family etc... yet the same "person" to some degree. When you manage do all the right things over the course of your live then you "cross over" to join your family and friends who have made it to the other side.

I think the other side is whatever you make it, if you follow orthodox religious views then you will be with god, if you don't then you will be in the afterlive... I think heaven is what you make of it but it is a place to reunite with your lost loved ones and this is the ultimate reward...

Sounds crazy but if you listen to all the people in the world who "talk to the dead" they seem to support my theory

:LET THE LAUGHTER INSUE  tongue.gif

I don't really know much about it, but I think that's somewhat similar to Hindu beliefs.  So, are you Hindu?

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2004, 02:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (DuDeR MaN @ Mar 16 2004, 07:59 AM)
colonel, since the rate of birth is highter than the rate of death... where do all the new people come from in your beliefs.. I'm very curious about this one.

LMAO, I don't know really.... a better question would be where did the first batch start... I guess I could say that for everyone person that goes to heaven two new lives are created.... hahaha... would that answer the question, seriously all of this is a question none of us have an answer to and never will I suppose.

Colonel32 this is kind of funny because it seems to me u saw sci-fi channel yesterday because this was exactly one of the things brought up and it used exactly what you said.

I didn't see it, but this is actually a somewhat popular belief. Of course there is devations of each theory but the thesis is basically the same about explaining reincarnations. I actually first learned of this from a pastor that lived next door to me several years ago when I was asking him why there were such devations and revisions throughout the years of westernized religion.

My whole deal with orthodox religion is they are all so different, so which one is right... The Quran(or Koran) says Jesus was a prophet and scoffs at the thought Jesus was Gods son... Judaism follows the old testament... there are seven books that are in the catholic bible but not in the protestant bible... law vs grace.... I just think if you look at ALL the scripture as a whole it's completely hermeneutic so you must take your own conclusions from each work and choose to apply it to your life

If anyone has studied theology I would compare it to convenant and dispensationalism beliefs

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2004, 02:21:00 AM »

smile.gif

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2004, 04:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (Master-Chief @ Mar 14 2004, 08:36 PM)
QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Mar 14 2004, 08:30 PM)
I got the first vote in. smile.gif

Yea, that's because I was dumb enough to not even vote in my own poll until now!  laugh.gif

I hope I am NOT the only Muslim here... I know alikaz is too!  biggrin.gif

Don't worry i am Muslim too !

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

tongue.gif

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2004, 08:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (pxpx @ Mar 16 2004, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (DuDeR MaN @ Mar 16 2004, 01:59 AM)
colonel, since the rate of birth is highter than the rate of death... where do all the new people come from in your beliefs.. I'm very curious about this one.

When 2 people love each other very much...or are pretty drunk (either works) .....

just kidding, somebody needs to have the birds and bee's talk with thier parents.

agnostic

you need to read the post I was replying to dude.

Dagoth

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2004, 07:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (Arvarden @ Mar 15 2004, 03:28 PM)
Am I the only Jedi here ffs  uhh.gif

You aren't the only Jedi Here...

that what I put on My UK Census Form in 2001.

There are over 390,00 Jedi's within the UK (out of a population of over 58 Million)

BTW I still can't get the "Jedi Mind Trick" to work on the cops..   biggrin.gif

SKoT

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »

Atheist here.

Another thing i would like to mention that i was in no way aware of and i find it quite sad.

I have plenty of methodist/catholic/etc. friends and i have often gone to church with them, but while i was at their church(es), i could see that half(if not more) could not give a flying fuck what the preacher/minister/etc. had to say. (even adults) cut up, talked the whole time, and made jokes in the middle of a sermon. I was polite enough to dress up and be quiet and actually listen the whole time. What i got out of the sermon was, ways to better live your and those around you lives. The sheer absurdity of some of these grown people almost enraged me because those same people, always talk of their great belief and how they trust the holy savior, but do not even have the common courtesy to shut up and listen for 3 hours.

Flame away.

CyberPunk

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »

I think of god as a piece of shit hanging off my ass.

By the way, whoever said scientology is a religion in a previous post is an idiot. They don't believe in a god, only John Travolta. If you watch that shitty Battlefield Earth movie, thats actually what they believe will happen.

Im an athiest.

Wolverine X

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »

I am a moslem

jp110099

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2004, 05:10:00 PM »

I'm a lutheran. Go to Church now and then.

AnThRaX

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (CyberPunk @ Mar 17 2004, 07:10 PM)
I think of god as a piece of shit hanging off my ass.

By the way, whoever said scientology is a religion in a previous post is an idiot. They don't believe in a god, only John Travolta. If you watch that shitty Battlefield Earth movie, thats actually what they believe will happen.

Im an athiest.

I agree with you about the god thing. I am not gonna follow a bunch of bullshit and waste my sundays to go learn about someone who never existed.

Raver758

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2004, 10:11:00 PM »

Hey if you don't believe in god that's fine but there's no need to flame it because of what you believe show some respect for it.

Helios

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2004, 01:32:00 AM »

biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13