xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Offical God Topic  (Read 3093 times)

Zero

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2004, 09:32:00 PM »

Who knows if there is an afterlife.  No one actualy knows what dreams are either so we will just have to wait and see.

Stuff Is Cool

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

First of all there isn't a god. Ask yourself this, what has god ever done for you?Even if you think he has there could be many other factors affecting this.

As for the thing about choice, its like the matrix, choice is irrelevant. Time is linear, everything happens only once. Even if you think you have a choice, you don't, you were meant to do what you think you chose. Even if you take back something you did, you were meant to take that back.

Overall, there is no god, theres some manager, because wat's outside our universe? What was there before? Imagine non-existence. I didn't sleep one night because I was thinking about this shit.

HiRoll3r

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

You forgot to note that those are aspects of MUSLIM religion.

Not that the Muslim religion is bad or wrong, just that there are people that have taken it and twisted it.

What about the Christian terrorists, such as Koresh, McVeigh, Eric Rudolph (and other abortion clinic bombers)? These people were driven to kill, though on a much smaller scale, by the same fundamentalist religious convictions that caused 9/11. I don't care if they're black, white, brown, Muslim, Hindu, Christian, or Jewish. These people were terrorists.

Not that the Christian religion is bad or wrong, just that there are people that have taken it and twisted it.

j0ey

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2004, 02:19:00 PM »

well of course there is a GOD(some type)...its only way to explain existence (for now)...

Time is linear, everything happens only once.

I guess you know nothing about string theory...Einstein even proved you can travel in time, but of course that would invlove travling the speed of light... tongue.gif

alikaz

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2004, 05:28:00 AM »

^^^ not travel IN time, all u can do is travel FASTER in time, like ucan go ahead in time, but technically u dunt go ahead in time, u travel so fast that YOU slow down, while the world around you goes at normal speed, and when u are done goinf really fast in a circle around the world wut ends up happin is that u jus went slowly while the whole world went at normal speed, and no you CANNOT travel back in time, and wht good is it to travel forward in time, serves no real purpose in life other than to preserve soemthin or jus for the hell of it, and travellin forward in time willl not give u multiple time lines

Master-Chief

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

I call God, Allah. Thats what Muslims call him.  wink.gif

Waffle

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

i don't know... and maybe noone ever will

AkumAPRIME

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »

No, there is no God. That doesn't mean that we weren't created by some alien or other force.  It would be ignorant to rule out any higher beings. It just means that the God that the three major Judeo Christian sects, and the majority of other "God"S are super fake

ehb

gronne

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (alikaz @ Mar 15 2004, 03:28 PM)
^^^ not travel IN time, all u can do is travel FASTER in time, like ucan go ahead in time, but technically u dunt go ahead in time, u travel so fast that YOU slow down, while the world around you goes at normal speed, and when u are done goinf really fast in a circle around the world wut ends up happin is that u jus went slowly while the whole world went at normal speed, and no you CANNOT travel back in time, and wht good is it to travel forward in time, serves no real purpose in life other than to preserve soemthin or jus for the hell of it, and travellin forward in time willl not give u multiple time lines

No, Einsteins theory was about travelling in time actually. If you travel in space you'll be a little "younger" than the rest, I suppose that's what you meant. I can't remember how the theory was built up, all I remember is that it was complex  rolleyes.gif It's about bending time in the dimensions if I remember correctly. The thing is that scientists as of lately are starting to believe in this theory. Einstein was pretty amazing. It's like with him as with Darwin, at first people didn't believe in their theories, but a hundred years later(for Darwin) it's being proven(I refer to Darwin here obviously, since he had some parts written in "The origin of species" that were proved like a couple of years ago. The scientists were very sceptic, but had to change their minds).

Darwin is the greatest hero I know of. Denying his theory is ridiculous. We have lived more than 6000 years people, stop denying.

SKoT

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2004, 09:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (guitardork864 @ Mar 19 2004, 06:18 AM)
We have lived more than 6000 years people, stop denying.

Godammit some fuckwadding bitchass piece of shit licking dog crap that takes the word of a few people and applies it to the whole.  not all christians are closed minded dickwads and are retards.  i hope you get your ass run over because its ignorant people like you that make other people hate christians.  go fuck yourself cuntwad.

Why did sept 11th happen? Religion. Why is there terrorism? Religion. Why is Bush destroying the environment? Because he believes god gave humans the world to with as we please. It all comes back to religion.

sure you could blame that on the human interpretation of religion, but remember.  All humans sin/make mistakes.  Does that make it God's fault? no.  according to christianity, god gave man free will.  that means we can sin, so that means although there is religion, it is run by men.  so yes religious institutions can make mistakes, but that doesn't mean that the ideals and morals that are the founding corner-stones of the religion complete and utter bullshit.

all the people that bash religion need to take a much closer look at it first.

*checks off name for list of hell*

seriously, how childish of a post is this....

gronne

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2004, 12:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (guitardork864 @ Mar 19 2004, 06:18 AM)
We have lived more than 6000 years people, stop denying.

Godammit some fuckwadding bitchass piece of shit licking dog crap that takes the word of a few people and applies it to the whole.  not all christians are closed minded dickwads and are retards.  i hope you get your ass run over because its ignorant people like you that make other people hate christians.  go fuck yourself cuntwad.

Why did sept 11th happen? Religion. Why is there terrorism? Religion. Why is Bush destroying the environment? Because he believes god gave humans the world to with as we please. It all comes back to religion.

sure you could blame that on the human interpretation of religion, but remember.  All humans sin/make mistakes.  Does that make it God's fault? no.  according to christianity, god gave man free will.  that means we can sin, so that means although there is religion, it is run by men.  so yes religious institutions can make mistakes, but that doesn't mean that the ideals and morals that are the founding corner-stones of the religion complete and utter bullshit.

all the people that bash religion need to take a much closer look at it first.

Well, I never said all christians believe it's only about 6000 years old, but most do. And no matter some don't think so, I believe that's why all religions fail. I don't think Jesus would accept all the different ways the christianity has taken. You don't even believe in all the same words as an orthodox or a catholic if you're from the protestant church. Some people take the bible by the word, and some interpret it as they like, yet all of you think you'll come to the same God. I mean if it's going to work you all will have to believe in the exact words written in the bible, or you're a hypocrite IMO. You're slaves under a book written by other hypocrites.

You're a good example of the difference between christians. In know a guy that would NEVER EVER use cursewords since it's words of the devil. But you can just write "Godammit some fuckwadding bitchass piece of shit licking dog crap" as it's nothing. He believes in the bible by the word, guess you don't. You curse more than I do being an atheist, says a lot.

prplehz

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2004, 07:05:00 AM »

Well all I can say is I want my tombstone to look like a galaga screen with GAME OVER in big letters accross the front, and my best galaga score ever at top where it says highscore.. As for there being a god, nah I doubt it and even if there is he/she sure wouldn't think to highly of any of the religeons that us earthlings follow. As the ole addige goes. If god made everybody who made god... beerchug.gif

thomes08

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »

since i'm not gullible i'm gonna have to go with a pretty strong NO

gronne

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2004, 04:38:00 AM »

Jesus didn't die before he existed. B.C= Before Christ    A.D= Anno Domini (don't know what it stands for but it's after christ was born anyways).

What does it matter whether the A-hole suffered or not? People get murdered by american soldiers everyday. Jesus could have fled free but chose to get killed because he wanted his believes to be remembered and taken more seriously, just like Sokrates. And you complain that he suffered!!! Just like the americans getting tortured in Iraq. You get upset about americans being tortured, but you were pro the war?? THAT'S WHAT WAR IS ALL ABOUT!!! Degradation is very natural in wars, and you get upset about it??  I bet the americans raped a lot of women in Iraq during the war, because wars are sick, and soldiers get twisted by killing people whereas degradation is very common.

gronne

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2004, 03:25:00 AM »

I haven't bashed anybody, I just think he seemed to be an asshole that's all. I'm entitled to think whatever I want. Had I said Muhammed the prophet was nice(which I think he seemed to be, though a bit imaginative, yet a lot better than christ) you'd get pissed for that. Christ was a heavily disturbed person, the idiot thought he was the son of an abstract God (Yeah, he never fully claimed it, but that's what he wanted the apostles to think).

How nice for you Spency, so you don't go to church anymore, but I guess that when you're about to die you'll repent to God you didn't go to church and you'll be good to go to heaven. That's what many do, which I think is more fucked up than believing in God all of your life. I don't especially bash religious people, but I do bash the religions in itself(ALL religions).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7