xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Offical God Topic  (Read 3082 times)

alikaz

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« on: January 17, 2004, 10:11:00 AM »

is there a god or can science provide us wit an answer that sates otherwise?
how did this universe come into being
were we created by another life form, etc....hve fun ppl, and rember no bashing ne one elses belief, jus expressing your own and providing us wit reasons/proofs suporting it.

This post has been edited by alikaz: Jan 17 2004, 10:57 PM

Gonzo_PhD

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

There has to be...  Who else created those fine-ass women in your sig?  biggrin.gif

alikaz

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

pls dun talk about my future wives like that

chief

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (alikaz @ Jan 17 2004, 04:24 PM)
pls dun talk about my future wives like that

lol... they are hot smile.gif

Repeating what i said in the other thread. I believe in a creator... This book has some good evidence from recent scientific discoveries to support it.

Zero

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (Gonzo_PhD @ Jan 17 2004, 08:18 PM)
There has to be...  Who else created those fine-ass women in your sig?  biggrin.gif

Their mother and father I would suspect.

buckwilliamsca

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »

if there is no God, then there is no point to life. Existance is pointless and we are an accident.

However, life is so complex (like those two ladies in your sig, more curves than you can shake a stick at...) , and so amazingly put together that it seems as if a plan was involved some how....

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (alikaz @ Jan 17 2004, 03:05 PM)
is there a god or can science provide us wit an answer that sates otherwise?
how did this universe come into being
were we created by another life form, etc....hve fun ppl, and rember no bashing ne one elses belief, jus expressing your own and providing us wit reasons/proofs suporting it.

no god its all bullshit really.

Spency234

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

I have a feeling if the right people start writing in this thread it's going to get deeep.

Well.. off to get drunk!

Juggerbot

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

*Walks in*
Well what'dya know?

I won't hijack this thread or anything but here are some questions (some unanswerable):

If there is a god, what created him/her/it?

Where did the universe come from how did the first atom or dark matter come to be?

Where do animals go, their the only ones that seem to block out religion completely? Do they go to heaven?

Why can't Jahovas swear? Swear words are merely words, I doubt they existed 700 years ago.

Why is god seen as a white man? Possibly because some white man thought of him? (Christ)

...... I have so many more, but I'll have to limit them.

iwinulose

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »

yeah heres some more quesions

If god is real why would he let us get so stupid? ex.1 We drive on a parkway and park on a drive way. ex.1 The man would be in the lead if there wasnt any lead in his shoes

If god is real why doesn he just come down to earth and go "Yo wat up my dogs"?

Since were so stupid God, if he is real, would help us clone animals and he would help us creat new 1s

He isnt real!!

Have a nice day  smile.gif

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »

*rolls in two cents*
God is a intresting topic.
I belive the current or modern beliefs in god are human constructs. It comes from human's need for purpose and the human desire for of immortality as well as the desire to inflect a amount of control.
What I mean by this, before god consepts were implimented there was not a culturial moral set. It makes for a brutal society<killing, maiming, stealing, etc.>, a god makes one even need to second guess when thier alone, a absolute rule set. It also gives a level of hope, something after death and some greater reason for existing. When humans create something it normaly has a purpose, the theorical reasoning is all things must have been created for a reason as well. To bring a sence of vanity into it many of the religions put a human like leader as the "god" and or "gods". On top of this organized religions, introduces a class system having thouse that are of greater "holy" stature.

Now if by some chance this world was created, what would ever make anyone belive they could find any proof of a creators existance. For all we know our universe as we know it could be a minor subatomic impurity, since all things are relitive.

My belief comes down to, there may be a creator of the world, a god as it may be. I don't belive he has any intrest in me nor the human world. I also belive in manifest destiny <we make our own path> with internal subconscious karma <our own internal morals, memories, instinct, and personalities root make up a personal version of the reward/retrobution>.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

*Dont have time to read rest of topic here's my bit*

The universe all came from basically accepted scientific theories (the antimatter+antimatter=matter and space theory). Religion is basically a form of social control. To harnass all of this to one direction, a "god" is used. If people fear "god" they will feel they must follow the religion. Since most religions teach kindness, they obviously will be kind. Over time people have begun to not support "god" as they get lost in their own life and as the religoin fades. Notice the more recent the religion, usually the more followers it has. It's because people feel they don't have time anymore and because since "god" has done nothing so far to our knowledge, they no longer fear him. In short, I'm undecided, but religions are definitely false.

-John the baptist...if he was jewish how did he know to baptize jesus?

-The only people who saw jesus come back were the ones who recorded the religion...interesting.

-Judaism, have we ever actually found a trail of buried bodies leading around in the desert?

-How come all the religions teach kindness but only mention things in the society they came from.

-If the torah is a written history of the jewish religion, and it was given to them early on, where did all the later information come from?

Etc etc etc

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2004, 02:50:00 PM »

I hope someone closes this thread quick.  These things turn out to be pretty nasty and don't we already have a 50+ page thread on this already?

Hoppy

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (Fuzzy @ Jan 17 2004, 08:44 PM)
Notice the more recent the religion, usually the more followers it has.

Not true.  Christianity is one of the oldest and a third of the world follow it.

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (Hoppy @ Jan 17 2004, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE (Fuzzy @ Jan 17 2004, 08:44 PM)
Notice the more recent the religion, usually the more followers it has.

Not true.  Christianity is one of the oldest and a third of the world follow it.

Yea it was actually like way before north america was discovered and it was used in I think the UK first
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7