xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Offical God Topic  (Read 3184 times)

gronne

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

The one thing I REALLY do like about religions though(except from perhaps jews(considering they're not allowed to draw people) is the art it's provided to the world.. A lot of it is REALLY beautiful. I love walking in churches. All I know is that apparently God loves people who pirate stuff from companies(You are not allowed to steal, doesn't it says something like that). I bet you break a lot of them. But of course, God forgives you and you know it, so you can go on and on and on with stealing. I personally tend to feel that companies steal from us, not many games are worth 70$, but then again one is free to buy.

Hoppy

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE (iwinulose @ Jan 19 2004, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (Hoppy @ Jan 17 2004, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (iwinulose @ Jan 17 2004, 09:14 PM)
accually only 20% of the world follows christianity

not 1/3
(i just did a global history project on 8 different religions) smile.gif

That would be true if 13% of the worlds Christians were killed within the last 16 months.

Have a look for yourself.

old i no but:

Judaism is left out of that chart

please think of all the poor Jews out there  sad.gif

lol  smile.gif

Judaism (and several other religions listed on the left of the page)fall under other.  No one forgot the jews.  And the survey was done in 2002.  Hardly "Old".

*edit*
1 year and 4 moths old to be more precise.

Juggerbot

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »

The whole thing about god being eternal is really, REALLY stupid.
How could something come out of nothing?

It's just not logical.
I believe the fact that antimatter + antimatter = matter, or matter + antimatter = more antimatter (space)

lordvader129

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

antimatter + matter = a whole helluva lot of energy

Hoppy

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (Juggerbot @ Jan 19 2004, 06:34 PM)
How could something come out of nothing?

It's just not logical.

The same thinking can be applied to the big bang.  If there was nothing around, what caused the explosion?

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »

-3X-3=9 negative matterXnegative matter=Positive matter

Neg.Nance

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »

Im interested to know what happens when you die, I dont have a real opinion on a "god" but I think any organized religion is a bunch of bull crap, to be honest I dont care when I die, because you can excape it and in the large picture no one means anything, everyone that is alive now is going to be dead within the next 130 years, nothing you do matters, you are only ~1.53846153 x 10^-8 % for the worlds population, life is so useless, there is no point, then the point of life just might be abiout the level of human comprehension,  all i have to say is

WTF?!?!

lordvader129

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »

i think when you die your last seconds seem to take longer, so you never actually reach the moment of your death in your mind, and your subconscious takes over, and whatever you subconsciously believe happens when you die is what fills those last eternal seconds of life

you think yuo go to heaven, thats what you see, and so forth

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

Yea, when you just die, that's it man...game over...

D0Gs3gG

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »

Sleep paralysis sucks young donkey testicles! Nasty! mad.gif

alikaz

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2004, 01:59:00 PM »

wuts sleep paralysis?

gto65l

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »

In order to argue this correctly, we need to make the distinction between a religious god and the possiblility of a god being.  This matter has been debated many times, here are some good ones.  Note, all of these are refering to a logical god, not a religious one.

St. Anselm:
By definition God is the greatest being which can be thought.  So nothing greater can be thought.  So God must contain the attribute of existance.  For if God did not contain existence then something greater could be thought and therefore it would not be God.  So therefore God must exist or God would not be God.

Descartes:
Man's mind cannot perceive that which infinite.  However man does have the idea of infinity.  The only thing that is infinite is God.  So basically, God branded the innate idea of infinity upon mans mind as would a craftsman upon his work.  This goes right with what you were saying Cerebro.

God may exist, but he may not know that man exists.  This is where the religious God comes in.  There are many more, but I think that is enough for now.

xenx

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »

I think that when you die its probably something like eternal sleep. Do you know you exist when you are asleep? I think death is something like this. Complete non-existence.

I am a hard core non-believer, and it amazes me that so many people believe in god.  Especially people who believe the bible is the word of god. I mean have you actually read this thing? It says so many ridiculus things.  For example:

Leviticus 20:9
If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.

Here is a gem:
Deuteronomy 22:20-1
If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father's house.

Not to mention the loads of contradictions. Oh well, if you want to believe a book written by a bunch of guys in sandals 2000 years ago thats your choice.  I challenge anyone who thinks religion is beneficial to think about what causes all the problems in the world today. Why did sept 11th happen? Religion. Why is there terrorism? Religion. Why is Bush destroying the environment? Because he believes god gave humans the world to with as we please. It all comes back to religion.

I don't mean to be condescending or anything thats just my 2 cents. wink.gif

HiRoll3r

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »

Why did sept 11th happen? Religion. Why is there terrorism? Religion. Why is Bush destroying the environment? Because he believes god gave humans the world to with as we please. It all comes back to religion.

Word. Couldn't agree more. It's sad how many horrible things have been done in the name of religion.

Hoppy

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (xenx @ Jan 21 2004, 02:13 AM)
Why did sept 11th happen? Religion. Why is there terrorism? Religion.

You forgot to note that those are aspects of MUSLIM religion.  

Not that the Muslim religion is bad or wrong, just that there are people that have taken it and twisted it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7