xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Offical God Topic  (Read 3078 times)

gronne

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2004, 09:54:00 AM »

Christians claim(in general) that the world was made about 6000 years ago... Dinosaurs are a bit older, so get real.

As a strong atheist I find it VERY weird how people(in todays society, with the knowledge that comes to it) can believe in a completely abstract "thing". As we today can give pretty good scientific theories of how the world was created.

A person from say Siberia MIGHT never get to know about christianity or other religions, then they won't even get the chance of entering heaven because no-one told for them about it(considering christians say that if you belong to any other religions then hell is where you go, no matter what their religion says).

On the other hand I believe that the illusion of a God might be good for some people, that is, very poor ones. Believing in a God is a weakness, you don't feel you can handle your life and need help, therefore a God comes very much in handy, and your life might actually become a lot better(only because of this illusion), so it's discussable to say that poor people actually NEEDS a God purely to survive, but for the rest of us it's only dangerous. That becomes very obvoius when seeing how religious people with power can act (highly christians as Bush and Blair starting a sick war against what atleast Bush in a subtle way calls the mid-eastern countries for the devil, and USA the God).

What I'm saying is that us more developped coutries must look beyond this 2000 year old fraud, and other religions. We must stop living in a lie.

BTW: about those 33% being christians, I for one can say that I am one of those(but I'm on my way of leaving the Swedish church). And ALL of my friends are baptized(and yes I have loads of friends), but NONE of them believes in God whatsoever. So I guess the numbers are fake. Maybe it's just Sweden but we are a very secularized country yet it's such a tradition to baptize we always do it. I won't baptize my kids for sure.

Cerebro

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2004, 10:06:00 AM »

If you have the thought of God in your head, then He must exist somewhere. I mean even if your thought is that He isn't real, well you're still thinking of Him right? You can't say something isn't real unless the thought of it exists.

blink.gif

gronne

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (Cerebro @ Jan 18 2004, 08:06 PM)
If you have the thought of God in your head, then He must exist somewhere. I mean even if your thought is that He isn't real, well you're still thinking of Him right? You can't say something isn't real unless the thought of it exists.

blink.gif

And that goes for one of the most stupid things I've ever heard/read. And I just thought about a 20 feet tall flying pink elephant jacking off.... Well the thought's there.. So I guess it must exist biggrin.gif

Cerebro

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Jan 18 2004, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (Cerebro @ Jan 18 2004, 08:06 PM)

blink.gif

And that goes for one of the most stupid things I've ever heard/read. And I just thought about a 20 feet tall flying pink elephant jacking off.... Well the thought's there.. So I guess it must exist biggrin.gif

It does.

That pink elephant jacking off is also known as gronne.

What a coincidence!

lordvader129

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »

i have 2 somewhat conflicting theories on god

1: there is no "God" as in creator, power in heaven and so forth, rather nature itself has a will of its own and is perceived as god

2: there is a "creator god" however his reality (heaven) is totally separate from ours and nothing can cross over because of the rules he set in this universe, he cant break them without destroying the universe, he has manipulative control over nature, but thats about it, no angels come to earth, no burning bushes, no speaking to man

certain things such as noah and the flood falls under his control of nature, he couldnt just snap his fingers and make all the sinners vanish (destruction of matter and energy) so he had to make it rain

well thats about all i got right now

ocojaa

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2004, 10:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (gronne @ Jan 18 2004, 02:54 PM)
ALL of my friends are baptized(and yes I have loads of friends), but NONE of them believes in God whatsoever. So I guess the numbers are fake. Maybe it's just Sweden but we are a very secularized country yet it's such a tradition to baptize we always do it. I won't baptize my kids for sure.

I don't understand why anyone would be baptized if they don't believe in God.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2004, 10:58:00 AM »

I don't understand why anyone would be baptized if they don't believe in God

Free bath by a stranger. smile.gif

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2004, 11:56:00 AM »

That explains everything

bathes from strangers, i now see the world in a different light  laugh.gif

jujupinto85

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »

proving God with easy use of the faculty of the mind

20 Arguments to prove God

some other randomness
belief in God who doesnt interact with the world is called Deism (our founding fathers USA were desists), which can be disproved by the fact is that if God were God and that he is perfect, because the concept of God is perfect (degrees of Perfection) then God would be constantly mainting the universe in balance, which it is because nature is Orderly, perfect order, the reason why everything works is cuz of God, and he wills it, if God didnt interact with the world in some slight way, then it wouldnt exists

i beleive many of the atheist here are actually agnostics, look it up and agree w/ me  wink.gif

religion and God are different concepts, not all religions are true, and there can only logically be one God, as u cant have multiple Gods because it wouldnt meet (degress of Perfection)

the bible says God created the universe in 7 days. whether or not it is true, is called a msytery, Moses did have liteary lisence as well  wink.gif  but moreover, those 7 days could have been like a million years. it all depends on the frame of refrence ( think physics and the speed of light) God is infinite, neverending, and a minute to him could be a year to us

who can say they are a true atheist when they use experessions like OMG!! or even use anythign with God in it. just  proves that they are moronic (jk jk), or not open to something that they dont understand.

we may have evolved from monkeys...but the fact remains we have souls and that somewhere along the timeline God enscribed it into our beings. no one can say that the one they love is just a mound of chemicals and biology, because humans have soul and are so much more then just primordial primates.

a person who follows a religion, any for that matter is only as good as the persons will and how far he wants to beleive and how much effort he wants to put in.

D0Gs3gG

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (jujupinto85 @ Jan 18 2004, 10:56 PM)
proving God with easy use of the faculty of the mind

20 Blah blah

some other randomness

Sheep! Baaaaaaaaaaa

jujupinto85

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »

ok this is trickey because i dont want to get my religion get in the way or have a biased idea of what a soul is, or what exists

first off, beleive in God or at least proving that "God" exists does not require or have nething to do w/ the "soul"

soul.. its liek the life force of a person..wut is the difference between a dead person and a live person? both bodies are warm and but one does not function... the life is out of him... that life, we should say could be is in all creatures but is specaill to humans

think, like the japanese chi it engulfs your body and makes it work, kinda like gas or electricty to a car.

but explaing the soul to athists is hard, because... they dont beleive in anything spirtual

u decide what u want to beleive but beleive in God in teh first step and its soo easy...

gronne

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (ocojaa @ Jan 18 2004, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (gronne @ Jan 18 2004, 02:54 PM)
ALL of my friends are baptized(and yes I have loads of friends), but NONE of them believes in God whatsoever. So I guess the numbers are fake. Maybe it's just Sweden but we are a very secularized country yet it's such a tradition to baptize we always do it. I won't baptize my kids for sure.

I don't understand why anyone would be baptized if they don't believe in God.

Well, as I said it's such a tradition. I personally think it's stupid since none of my parents are christian, but people want to symbolically show a way that a life is born, I guess.
It's like ghosts and other supernatural stuffs, we tend to need to believe in the occult, because of perhaps boredom or lack of excitement in life.
I personally believe religions come from a lot of reasons, but one would be that people wondered questions we still wonder about, like is there an end to the universe, or what happens when we die, and other fundamental questions.
Since they obviously couldn't come up with any answers(which we mostly can't now either, not about the part of death at least) what would be easier than saying that someone else created it. I, earlier at least, used to watch occult series such as X-files and similar, and thought they were very exciting and everything. So I believe we all need to have some supernatural thoughts in contrast to our otherwise dull lives, I mean look at the Lord of the rings-films, everyone went nuts, dressing up like orches and stuffs(really funny if you ask me, albeit a bit too much perhaps). Almost everyone is afraid of the death, except from many religious people who knows that death is nothing dangerous, since it'll end up nice anyways. Eventhough I need the supernatural, I don't need to be naive.

I could enter a church only to watch the beautiful interior. I mean how could something so beautiful lie to you?

I suppose less Swedes will baptize in the future though since it's getting further away from the people.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

there is no god......   we were created by the Forerunners..   heh heh heh....  wink.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

user posted image

iwinulose

• Archived User
Offical God Topic
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hoppy @ Jan 17 2004, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (iwinulose @ Jan 17 2004, 09:14 PM)
accually only 20% of the world follows christianity

not 1/3
(i just did a global history project on 8 different religions) smile.gif

That would be true if 13% of the worlds Christians were killed within the last 16 months.

Have a look for yourself.

old i no but:

Judaism is left out of that chart

please think of all the poor Jews out there  sad.gif

lol  smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7