xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tony Hawk 3 Riot Cd: Sound, But No Video?  (Read 88 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Tony Hawk 3 Riot Cd: Sound, But No Video?
« on: August 07, 2002, 01:58:00 PM »

I'm running an S-Video A/V cable (US NTSC Xbox / EvoX2.2) and I was wondering if anybody else has had problems with the Riot "CD Version" release of Tony Hawk 3, *OR* conversely, if they've been successful.

Please note what type of cable you use as well.

This is odd, because it's the first game I've had a problem with so far, out of 20+ so far.

PRH

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2002, 08:22:00 AM »

do you know what a 'cd version' is?

the game is too large to fit on a cdr so they take all the large files(movies and music) and remove them, or downsample them

stratjakt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2002, 01:22:00 PM »

Umm, i know there was a re-release of THPS3, perhaps you got the bum original release?

I have the re-release and it runs just fine and dandy.

And boy o boy, THPS3x is great!  Its almost as good as when I played it a year ago for PS2!

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2002, 02:18:00 PM »

No VIDEO - no game screens, nothing. I get the sound just fine, but there's no video signal at all (TV says "No Usable Video Signal"). I use an S-Video cable.

This is the first game that I've had this problem with, out of about 20-25 Xbox games.

The videos ARE in there, by the way. Play fine with RadGameTools Bink player.

This was the version posted on usenet a week or so ago filenames: "r-tony3r.*"

I'm thinking this is a PAL version, but I haven't seen a PAL version on the release lists.

HeeD

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2002, 04:37:00 PM »

I had that problem on full DVD. Turns out it is a video setting in MS Dashboard that fixed it. Set everything to default.

I think I had my Xbox set to support Hi-Definition modes (I have HDTV etc.) but when I brought it into other room to test on small TV with only RCA connections, I got no video on THPS3 until I changed settings in dashboard.