xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rainbow Six 3 Weapon Hacks  (Read 614 times)

Steel Battalion

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3 Weapon Hacks
« on: August 12, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »

Hi i have just about read every post on this site and taking bits of information from each thread until they started getting flamed. I just put my rainbow six 3 onto my HDD and hex edited a few things. I was able to change the ESRB notice and such. Halo 2 was alot easier than this because people had so many programs to help mod maps and stuff, but this game there is not many tutorials. I was wondering how to change the weapon slots in campaign like molotov cocktails i dont know what to change in Hexeditor or where to find it.
I also changed the m_fRainbowWalkingSpeed=+250.0 etc to 800 or so and when i go into campaign everyone still walks/runs at the same speed. Well if anyone still browses these forums i would really like to know how to edit weapon slots, thanks in advance

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Steel Battalion @ Aug 12 2008, 05:29 PM) View Post

I also changed the m_fRainbowWalkingSpeed=+250.0 etc to 800 or so and when i go into campaign everyone still walks/runs at the same speed. Well if anyone still browses these forums i would really like to know how to edit weapon slots, thanks in advance

I've never hacked RS3, but when you made the change, did you clear the cache files so the new one you updated could be written?

xbill

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »

You can extract the game resources and config files from the umd packages and then edit many of them with a text editor.    Rename the umd packages and the game will still play from the extracted files.

Check this thread for the umd extractor:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...p;#entry4331168