xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [app] Pgr2 Vehicle Editor V0.6b By Greyatom  (Read 998 times)

GreyAtom

• Archived User
[app] Pgr2 Vehicle Editor V0.6b By Greyatom
« on: May 29, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

This has been a project I've been working on lately. I'm guessing that this will be the final version unless there are any serious bugs or if someone has a really good idea for an update. Please send any bugs you find to [email protected]

QUOTE(Readme)
 /===============================================\
   Project Gotham Racing 2 Vehicle Editor v0.6 beta
  \===============================================/
          By GreyAtom

======================
Reversion History
======================

v0.1 - Public Release to find bugs (PUBLIC RELEASE)
v0.2 - Small bug fix and GUI fixes
v0.3 - Fixed bugs that caused runtime errors
v0.4 - Added Dynamic Terms list
v0.5 - Major GUI fixes
v0.6 - *CURRENT* Improved Loading/Saving and all .ini's added (PUBLIC RELEASE)

============
Readme
============

For this version, the loading/saving is completely different. Now, since the last release, you can edit any car instead of just the Mini Cooper. Don't worry, all the .ini's are added. However, they are copyright material so I might have to take them off. I don't really know the legal info with that stuff or with the game. Instructions are the same as before. If you don't know how to use the app, then... you're pathetic, sorry.

Updates! The style of the GUI didn't change, but some things got added, removed, and changed. Nothing too big.

Also another key feature is the Dynamic Terms. It's a list of all the terms and what they mean (some are still unknown for now).

That's about it. This could be the final version if there are no bugs.

Screenshots:
(IMG:http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/4631/screen16en.png)

(IMG:http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/8683/screen25xf.png)

(IMG:http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/6623/screen32pq.png)

Download:
http://workshop.halokit.com/downloads/PGR2/PGR2VEv0.6b.rar

Evox117

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »

You created a text editor?

DOS4GW

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 05:05:00 PM »

Could make a nice app merged with ZPaul2Fresh8's definitions (pinned here).

Topic temporary pinned  the topic as this thread is drying up.

Evox117

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(GreyAtom @ Jun 16 2006, 04:06 PM) View Post

It's not a text editor... it runs off of a list view.

I have one of those too....Its called Notepad.

GreyAtom

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

Thanks for the comments beige. About the .Net framework... I figured everyone (with a halfway decent PC) has the new one, not to mention it's only 122 MB, not half a gig. wink.gif

Yes, everyone has Notepad and you can edit most everything in there, but I did this so any beginning modders could use it because I think it's more user friendly and created just for the game. It was also a learning experience for me as I am just learning VB.

I will do what you said to make it better, but all in all, if you want to use Notepad, then use it. If you want to use this program, then use it.

brienj

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(GreyAtom @ Jul 28 2006, 08:49 PM) View Post

Thanks for the comments beige. About the .Net framework... I figured everyone (with a halfway decent PC) has the new one, not to mention it's only 122 MB, not half a gig. wink.gif

Yes, everyone has Notepad and you can edit most everything in there, but I did this so any beginning modders could use it because I think it's more user friendly and created just for the game. It was also a learning experience for me as I am just learning VB.

I will do what you said to make it better, but all in all, if you want to use Notepad, then use it. If you want to use this program, then use it.

I was leary at first to use .NET for my apps, but if somebody doesn't have .NET on thier computer, than they must have a Mac, or need to update their Window install, either way, it's not my fault.  biggrin.gif

Good job on the program, nice to see other people that contribute stuff to the community.  smile.gif

mpkgamer_uk

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 04:14:00 AM »

In reply to salival:

I made a PGR2 editor about 3 years ago. It sits on the PC, has full FTP functionality, so you can go from PC to XBOX via ethernet, and does all the slider-type stuff that you asked about with 2 key extras:

1: A full torque/horsepower graph that can be edited in realtime

2: A peak horsepower/peak torque gear ratio converter, so when you hit peak revs, the next gear will drop you straight into peak torque, so you're always on power.

I will add this to the internet tonight on my website, so people can grab it and try it out (I'm at work at the moment!).

The link will be on http://www.martinking.net , in a sub-tab called PGR2IniEditor

Thanks!

Martin

ekszbox

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(mpkgamer_uk @ Sep 28 2007, 12:50 PM) View Post

In reply to salival:

I made a PGR2 editor about 3 years ago.....

Thanks!

Martin

Good job, your app works well.

Maybe a few refinments you may look at implementing:
* Allowing values to be changed via the mouse wheel.
* Support for resizing the MDI windows (As currently on resolutions of 800x600 or less you can't access certain properties)

KM

mpkgamer_uk

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 02:42:00 AM »

The resolution is fixed because of the sheer number of parameters the ini file has!

Most people (unless running DOS) tend to have their screens at 1024x768 anyway.

I can see if there is a way to  make the forms scrollable (Place all controls in a picturebox and set scrolling to true should do it!)

It's probably a bit buggy, but then again, I haven't done any coding on it for 3 years, so maybe a C# version?

Cheers for checking it out, I was quite chuffed with it at the time, especially the Torque Graph, which is a custom control (might licence out the object so other people can use it).

Martin

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(mpkgamer_uk @ Sep 29 2007, 10:18 AM) View Post

The resolution is fixed because of the sheer number of parameters the ini file has!

Most people (unless running DOS) tend to have their screens at 1024x768 anyway.

I can see if there is a way to  make the forms scrollable (Place all controls in a picturebox and set scrolling to true should do it!)

It's probably a bit buggy, but then again, I haven't done any coding on it for 3 years, so maybe a C# version?

Cheers for checking it out, I was quite chuffed with it at the time, especially the Torque Graph, which is a custom control (might licence out the object so other people can use it).

Martin

the link dosnt work

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(mpkgamer_uk @ Oct 2 2007, 10:32 AM) View Post

Yes it does. How do you think ekszbox go hold of it?

tongue.gif

Try this link:

http://www.martinkin...ent/view/28/38/

Click on the link for PGR2INIEDITOR.rar. It should then allow you to save the .rar file.

Good luck!

huh.gif

i have downloaded this and it comes up with a error when i start the editor. i have run the win32 extractor and then i run the editor and i get error 339 componant comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid

mpkgamer_uk

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »

New RAR file is now on website, along with nfo file.

File contains comdlg32.ocx and inf file.

This should be enough to get you started.

I'm re-writing the application in C# to allow colours and car cloning (the tutorials are great on this site for coders like myself!), so I'll let you know how that is coming along!

ohmy.gif)

File:

http://www.martinkin...R2INIEDITOR.rar

Readme:

http://www.martinkin.../PGR2Readme.nfo

Thanks!

Martin