xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods  (Read 764 times)

Hopeful

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« on: July 23, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

ph34r.gif  I'm with him... Where do we get the contstruction set?  I mean since it's basically a little application for the game, it's kind of ridiculous for it not to be available for free download *somewhere*. ???  Come on, someone's gotta have a link or somethin?

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 04:21:00 AM »

I feel your pain, and was forced to buy the pc copy just for the TES:CS.  But it was well worth the money in the end.

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »

Buy the damn game for the PC. Trust me, for the Construction Set alone, it's worth it (unless you really aren't into Morrowind as much as you say you are).

Hopeful

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 01:13:00 PM »

Alright, from the odd fact that there's nowhere to download this file, I'm beginning to suspsect a specific ridiculous thing about the Construction Set...  Am I correct to guess that someone commited the horribly retarded and unfathomably degenerate act of including some huge 3d-object-creation tools that bulked what should have been a simple 10MB mod merging tool into a 500MB dummy file because of extra features that 95% of people have no hope of using? :boring:  :popcorn:

Oh, and Dopant...  "unless you really aren't into Morrowind as much as you say you are"? I forgot I ever said that... wait a moment... I didn't.:rotfl:

This post has been edited by Hopeful on Jul 30 2004, 08:44 PM

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

the construction set is useless without the game, it needs all the game files to work.  Just the xbox files will not work, seeing how they can't be opened with the construction set.

This post has been edited by hammy_69 on Jul 31 2004, 08:08 PM

Hopeful

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »

Do you just need PC Morrowind installed, or do you need to have the morrowind disk in your drive?  

can you inject textures for land and buildings with this, such as the visual pack, which only contains textures? (No .esp files, etc)

hammy_69

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2004, 11:26:00 PM »

i don't think that you need to have the disc for the cs, and textures could just be replaced, no need for the cs.  You'll use the cs to insert new models into the game, edit scripts, items(weapons, armor, etc), anything else game play based you can think of.

Hopeful

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »

Where are the textures to replace though?

I thought they were inside of a file of some sort? one of those morrowind.asp, morrowind.esp files, etc?  

If so wouldn't I need a tool to get in there and replace the textures inside that file?

SOLO-X

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 07:54:00 AM »

first off I take no credit for any of this

this is for morrowind goty

here it goes...

1. download the mod's you wish to use..(esm's, esp's, or just textures)
2. use tesdtk to make the esm to esp and remove the dependencies tribunal and bloodmoon plus make the esp version 1.3, the newly modified plugin will be in the tesdtk dir, which ever file has the most "free" 's is the last. rename to remove the free's and copy it back to the plugin dir overwriting the old one.
3. if the plugin has textures use tesxmc to prepare for xbox
4. copy over to xbox in a dir of it's own.....i use e:plugins
5. load morrowind up and load a saved game...once done igr back to your dashboard and use boxplorer to copy the mod over to the cache drive...(ex:x, y or z:data files, place esp and textures dir here.)

This is alot of reading but this is on this site, This is what I used to get my houses and other mods to work Morrowind PC to Xbox modding

You have to be sure the mod version matches your morrowind.esp version. Use TESDTK to make sure the version of any mod is the same as the xbox morrowind.esp.  Simply load each mod .esp one at a time and it will tell you the version number in TESDTK. You can find out which version of morrowind.esp you have when you load it also. If they don't match then use TESDTK to update the mod .esp version to match the morrowind.esp version.

This post has been edited by SOLO-X on Aug 4 2004, 03:25 PM

Hopeful

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2004, 12:44:00 PM »

Wont work.  You still need the .esp file to command the game to load those textures in place of the originals.  The mod contains no .esp file.  Is there  any tool that will inject .dds files into whichever packed morrowind file holds the land textures?

SOLO-X

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »

My question is does anyone have any clues as to were i can get a tutorial on how to get any other mods to work on the xbox for example new houses or new item.... Please show a list of links or something as to were i can get tutorials on how to add new objects to the game because so far i can only add new textures and new chars(not NPC's) but when i add new buildings or items the game freezes while loading at this point (ill make a rough loading bar sketch) (Loading...----------------- ) Thats basically were it stops on loading.

I can't help you there

Edit:
I just realized I replied to the part of the post that was almost a year old. sad.gif Hangs head in shame

Tm-90

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2003, 12:42:00 PM »

First a little intro of this topic: This topic is for people who are interested in morrowind pc to xbox mods. Ok so far i got the mudcrab trapdoor mod, and the double weild mod to work on the xbox not to mention you can put any new char class in the xbox also. My question is does anyone have any clues as to were i can get a tutorial on how to get any other mods to work on the xbox for example new houses or new item.... Please show a list of links or something as to were i can get tutorials on  how to add new objects to the game because so far i can only add new textures and new chars(not NPC's) but when i add new buildings or items the game freezes while loading at this point (ill make a rough loading bar sketch)  (Loading...-----------------   ) Thats basically were it stops on loading.

P.S SO PLZZZZZ if anyone knows were or how to get the buildings to work on the xbox tell me plzzzz ill be ever so gratefull :luv:

Tm-90

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »

jester.gif

Daz

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2003, 09:37:00 PM »

I have written a tutorial here:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act...T&f=48&t=106902

I tried to merge the tribunal expansion into the master file, but that didn't work. I have come up with another solution to importing the new bloodmoon island, but I haven't had time lately to try it. (Bloody uni exams!)

If you would like to work together on it, send me an email. I too can't wait until GOTY!

Ridley

• Archived User
Morrowind Pc-xbox Mods
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2003, 12:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (Daz @ Sep 24 2003, 08:34 PM)
I have written a tutorial here:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act...T&f=48&t=106902

I tried to merge the tribunal expansion into the master file, but that didn't work. I have come up with another solution to importing the new bloodmoon island, but I haven't had time lately to try it. (Bloody uni exams!)

If you would like to work together on it, send me an email. I too can't wait until GOTY!

BUT HOW DO WE GET THE CONSTRUCTION SET?

It's only included with the PC game right?

And why would anyone buy the game for both PC and Xbox?

This post has been edited by Ridley on Sep 25 2003, 07:52 AM