xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is The Xbox Visual Pack Still Available?  (Read 728 times)

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
Is The Xbox Visual Pack Still Available?
« on: January 29, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »

I have Better Bodies, Better Heads, Book Jackets, and Real Sign Posts all working. Now I would like to install a texture replacement pack. On PC I prefer the Ultimate Textures Complete pack but it does not work on Xbox. I get a DDE when I try to use it. I would like to try the Xbox Visual Pack and see how I like it but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have a good link? Thanks.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »

I found it in a pack called the "Morrowind Ultimate Mod Library". I ultimately downloaded a lot more than I wanted but I got it.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »

These textures are really popular on the PC. It is not my favorite texture replacement package though it does have some of my favorite textures in it. I really don't like the textures used on the ground in Balmora or used on the soft ground outside of Balmora. The grassy ground is essentially changed to a leafy ground which practically makes it seem like the season has changed. The bricks used in Balmora are bright and don't blend well. They really stick out and are an annoyance. I have a lot of these textures mixed with another texture pack on the PC that go together really well to make Morrowind look great but maintain the original feel. The look of Balmora is particularly important because there is simply no question that you will spend a lot of time there. The same goes for Vivec.

Anyway, the pack isn't really usable. If you have Better Bodies you can just forget it. It is almost impossible to leave the Balmora Mages guild and if you bring up your inventory while outside in Balmora you are hosed. Getting rid of the Better Bodies mod helps but a couple of cell loads and DDE is inevitable. It looks really nice but it is not playable. In my case I am even playing on a dev kit which has 128mb of memory but the game is likely limited to the 64mb limit imposed by the retail hardware. Oh well... had fun messing with mods the last few days. Now I would like to spend some time actually playing the game.