xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: List Of Glitches In Minimorrowind Mod Pack  (Read 821 times)

Clockface

• Archived User
List Of Glitches In Minimorrowind Mod Pack
« on: June 08, 2009, 01:05:00 PM »

Sorry, I've not played Morrowind MMM enough yet to find any bugs or faults, but I do have a question.

Is it possible to get the Weather Stones mod (  http://planeteldersc...w...ail&id=3177  ) working with MMM, please?

I like using storms in this mod, but I can't get it working with MiniMorrowindMod. Any help would be appreciated.

atomic_kangaroo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 07:03:00 AM »

I'm going to be trying to get a bunch of mods working, but my big 4 for now are.

Better Bodies 2.0 (with Better Heads and Better Beasts)
Tamriel Rebuilt Maps 1 and 2.  Telvanis and Antediluvian Secrets (with TR Census and Excise Travel mod)
Morrowind Comes Alive (Including Tamriel Comes Alive for Tamriel Rebuilt)
And finally the Wilderness Mod 2.0

Will be using Lesaras tutorial and patches so I can do a proper install without doing the cache trick for practical reasons.

I have never heard of the minimorrowind mod before and will have to check it out if it's pre converted that would be a bonus, does anyone else know of pre converted for xbox MW mods?

atomic_kangaroo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 07:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Clockface @ Jun 9 2009, 05:05 AM) View Post

Sorry, I've not played Morrowind MMM enough yet to find any bugs or faults, but I do have a question.

Is it possible to get the Weather Stones mod (  http://planeteldersc...w...ail&id=3177  ) working with MMM, please?

I like using storms in this mod, but I can't get it working with MiniMorrowindMod. Any help would be appreciated.

You more than likiely could make it work Clockface, but if it has new sounds meshes  and textures they may need to be converted. Another problem is if it is using the same resources as the MMM you may like the PC verison get conflicts, have you tried the Weather Stones mod on its own without MMM?

There arer a few differences between the PC and Xbox versins, for example the PC version uses MP3's for audio, while the Xbox's uses WMA 8 audio files, so if the mod has any MP3's I'd suggest converting them.

For a great package to convert MW Mods to the XBox check out this package by Lasares
Planet Elderscrolls: Modding the Xbox MW

Hope this helps you some.

@Demented Snake, the problem you have occuring sounds like just plain xbox MW troubles, in the standard version the game will lock up or crash on me sometimes when I just take a single gold coin off a table. but then will be absolutely fine on reload.
As for the Water weighing you down even the PC versions of similar mod have been criticized as being stupid, considering how many quests and just exploring require you to go deep under water and sometimes for long periods of time. My advice? if you can, try to remove that part of the mod.

Clockface

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 07:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(atomic_kangaroo @ Aug 23 2009, 02:14 PM) View Post

You more than likiely could make it work Clockface, but if it has new sounds meshes  and textures they may need to be converted. Another problem is if it is using the same resources as the MMM you may like the PC verison get conflicts, have you tried the Weather Stones mod on its own without MMM?

There arer a few differences between the PC and Xbox versins, for example the PC version uses MP3's for audio, while the Xbox's uses WMA 8 audio files, so if the mod has any MP3's I'd suggest converting them.

For a great package to convert MW Mods to the XBox check out this package by Lasares
Planet Elderscrolls: Modding the Xbox MW

The Weather Stones mod works fine in a clean hard disc installation of Morrowind: GOTY (Weather Stones is the only mod I added myself, as I know nothing about modding - I just copied the files across, as it said in the Weather Stones's instructions). But when I install the MMM pack (on a clean install of Morrowind, of course) then add Weather Stones, Weather Stones doesn't work.

If you have the time, can you look into this, please?

atomic_kangaroo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 01:31:00 PM »

I'll download weather stones and check it out, I am having the same problem with other mods I have not related to the MMM (which I have but have not yet tried) Where a mod will work ok, but is incompatible with other mods. Reading up on how to mod the game (but seems the tutorials around here are all over the place and many are out dated)

Let you know how I go, seems like you and me are the only ones interested in morrowind right now  wink.gif

Edit: Okay downloaded the mod, and I see it's a single ESP file. Can you try this out for me. remove weatherstones, then with the MMM running go to the chest in balmora where you find them and see if their are other items in the chest and if you could list what they are, thanks. The problem may be MMM adding items to the chest that the stones are found in that conflict with them.

Clockface

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(atomic_kangaroo @ Aug 28 2009, 08:31 PM) View Post

I'll download weather stones and check it out, I am having the same problem with other mods I have not related to the MMM (which I have but have not yet tried) Where a mod will work ok, but is incompatible with other mods. Reading up on how to mod the game (but seems the tutorials around here are all over the place and many are out dated)

Let you know how I go, seems like you and me are the only ones interested in morrowind right now  wink.gif

Edit: Okay downloaded the mod, and I see it's a single ESP file. Can you try this out for me. remove weatherstones, then with the MMM running go to the chest in balmora where you find them and see if their are other items in the chest and if you could list what they are, thanks. The problem may be MMM adding items to the chest that the stones are found in that conflict with them.

No, the chest doesn't appear at at all without the mod, so I assume the mod creates the chest as well as the contents. With the MMM and the mod, the chest still doesn't appear.

It seems like MMM stops the chest (and contents) from being generated?

Thanks for looking at the mod, by the way. It's be great if you can solve it, but if you can't then don't worry about it.

atomic_kangaroo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »

Ok CF still haven't had a chance to try it yet. I am finding that alot of problems with mods can just be they're incompatible and nothing else.

the problem with mMM is that it takes a bunch of seperate PC mods and compiles them into one file, thus making it impossible to go through and add each mod one by one, and checking the results.
(plus the package includes mods I don't like and can't disable)

2 fixes to this.

1.) manual Bug checking
All mods in mMM are PC mods and can be downloaded on their own, so maybe check out somewhere like Planet Elder Scrolls, download the mods as individual packages, and install weather stones then each mod, checking as you go, soon as the weather stones mod stops working then you know it's a good chance it's the last mod installed breaking it.
(find a lot of the PC mods run fine without modding the ESM's or ESP's like many tutorials recommend then again I am using blank Bloodmoon and Tribunal esm's in my data folder.)

2.) Clean ups: Cache and Save Games
Many things can go wrong with modding morrowind from not cleaning out the cache drives when a new mods installed to save games becomng corrupted. so it's usually a good idea to back up your save games somewhere that morrowind can't get at them. and when installing new mods, wipe your save games, and start a new game, I find this shows if a mod is gonna mess up your game too, as mods that may work with an old save game, can mess things up like talkig to NPC's and the main 2 NPC's to be affected first are Fargoth and Caius in the Excise office. e.g Caius loses dialog options and won't take your package thus releasing you into Seyda Neen. You become permanently trapped in the C&E offices) Yet the same mods that do that when I load a game say saved in Balmora, let's me play with no noticeable problems, so can be decieving (would suck to get 300 hours into the game to find some dialogs are broken)

Anyway at the end of the day, I'd looking at the list of mods in mMM and download them and try the method I described at the start as I don't think with the "single" mMM file you will every get weather stones running with it, and if it's one of the lame mods included causing the probl;em then t's easy to cast it off and use the rest with the stones.

I am having this trouble with a Light Sabers Mod and the Masamune Final, Lightsabers always work with both mods installed, but the Masamune Sword won't appear when the Sabers are loaded, only conflict I can see is the Sabers Mod puts a chest in the training room down stairs in the Balmora fighters guild, the same room as where the Masmune also spawns.

Only fix for it? Run one and not the other.

Also don't be mislead by Preconverted Mods like mMM or the XBOX - Morrowind GOTY Ultimate Mod Library v2.0.

They may run on the Xbox MW:GoTYE but they will break the main game in points and conflict with other mods. Most are designed to be used AFTER the main Quests have been finished, so if things screw up, it doesn't kill your game.

I'm reinstalling MW on my PC as I write this and going to try a few things out to try and get better mod functionality in the Xboxes version I'll let you know how that goes.
(mainly seeing if I can use the PC BSA's as "Mods" which will hopefully give better compatibility.
All this would be so much easier if a XB compatible BSA packer was around.

Oh and something else to be aware of, I have 2 copies of morrowind installed on my Disk, and they both use the same save games I did a save on each and named them appropriately, As I modded and they worked I copied the Working files into the other game so I had a rollback, al was going well until I installed a mod Windows Glow, which worked great (After I resized textures) but it broke Caius again. (he'd talk about everything but "duties" even still wanting me to go to Firemoth lol. I uninstalled the mod and cleared the cache and the game was still screwed, so I loaded my working backup and that too was screwed, so I had to reinstall one of the copies, think this also shows some of the troubles are in the save game. Even though I started a new game.

P.S Just had another thought?

How much do you know about editing the morrowind.ini file?

I recall with the PC version some mods break if loaded before others, a possible way to fix this is open morrowind.ini and look for this at the start

[Game Files]
GameFile0=Morrowind.esm

Then manually enter the mods names like so (and thus changing the load order)

[Game Files]
GameFile0=Morrowind.esm
Gamefile1=nameofmod1.esm
Gamefile2=nameofmod2.esp

and so forth also set

AllowYestoAll to 1 instead of 0

when I get a chance I'll post my ini's settings here, some changes I made make lighting and water visibilty better as well as seems to improve the framerate.

Clockface

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »

Sorry I havent been able to answer before, I've been away.

QUOTE(atomic_kangaroo @ Sep 4 2009, 12:37 AM) View Post

Ok CF still haven't had a chance to try it yet. I am finding that alot of problems with mods can just be they're incompatible and nothing else.

the problem with mMM is that it takes a bunch of seperate PC mods and compiles them into one file, thus making it impossible to go through and add each mod one by one, and checking the results.
(plus the package includes mods I don't like and can't disable)

Understood. The Weather Stones mod does work with an unaltered Morrowind GOTY, but I can't get it to run with when MMM is added.

2 fixes to this.

1.) manual Bug checking
All mods in mMM are PC mods and can be downloaded on their own, so maybe check out somewhere like Planet Elder Scrolls, download the mods as individual packages, and install weather stones then each mod, checking as you go, soon as the weather stones mod stops working then you know it's a good chance it's the last mod installed breaking it.
(find a lot of the PC mods run fine without modding the ESM's or ESP's like many tutorials recommend then again I am using blank Bloodmoon and Tribunal esm's in my data folder.)

2.) Clean ups: Cache and Save Games
Many things can go wrong with modding morrowind from not cleaning out the cache drives when a new mods installed to save games becomng corrupted. so it's usually a good idea to back up your save games somewhere that morrowind can't get at them. and when installing new mods, wipe your save games, and start a new game, I find this shows if a mod is gonna mess up your game too, as mods that may work with an old save game, can mess things up like talkig to NPC's and the main 2 NPC's to be affected first are Fargoth and Caius in the Excise office. e.g Caius loses dialog options and won't take your package thus releasing you into Seyda Neen. You become permanently trapped in the C&E offices) Yet the same mods that do that when I load a game say saved in Balmora, let's me play with no noticeable problems, so can be decieving (would suck to get 300 hours into the game to find some dialogs are broken)

Anyway at the end of the day, I'd looking at the list of mods in mMM and download them and try the method I described at the start as I don't think with the "single" mMM file you will every get weather stones running with it, and if it's one of the lame mods included causing the probl;em then t's easy to cast it off and use the rest with the stones.

I am having this trouble with a Light Sabers Mod and the Masamune Final, Lightsabers always work with both mods installed, but the Masamune Sword won't appear when the Sabers are loaded, only conflict I can see is the Sabers Mod puts a chest in the training room down stairs in the Balmora fighters guild, the same room as where the Masmune also spawns.

Only fix for it? Run one and not the other.

Also don't be mislead by Preconverted Mods like mMM or the XBOX - Morrowind GOTY Ultimate Mod Library v2.0.

They may run on the Xbox MW:GoTYE but they will break the main game in points and conflict with other mods. Most are designed to be used AFTER the main Quests have been finished, so if things screw up, it doesn't kill your game.

I've not even started the main quest yet, I've so far just wandered around a few towns and stolen/sold some stuff. I'm not an RPG person, but I want to get to like this game, as I've heard it has so much depth.

I've never heard of Morrowind GOTY Ultimate Mod Library before. Wheere can I download it from, to see what it's like, please?

I'm reinstalling MW on my PC as I write this and going to try a few things out to try and get better mod functionality in the Xboxes version I'll let you know how that goes.
(mainly seeing if I can use the PC BSA's as "Mods" which will hopefully give better compatibility.

Please do.

All this would be so much easier if a XB compatible BSA packer was around.

Oh and something else to be aware of, I have 2 copies of morrowind installed on my Disk, and they both use the same save games I did a save on each and named them appropriately, As I modded and they worked I copied the Working files into the other game so I had a rollback, al was going well until I installed a mod Windows Glow, which worked great (After I resized textures) but it broke Caius again. (he'd talk about everything but "duties" even still wanting me to go to Firemoth lol. I uninstalled the mod and cleared the cache and the game was still screwed, so I loaded my working backup and that too was screwed, so I had to reinstall one of the copies, think this also shows some of the troubles are in the save game. Even though I started a new game.

P.S Just had another thought?

How much do you know about editing the morrowind.ini file?

Literally nothing, I've never even seen it before.

I recall with the PC version some mods break if loaded before others, a possible way to fix this is open morrowind.ini and look for this at the start

[Game Files]
GameFile0=Morrowind.esm

Then manually enter the mods names like so (and thus changing the load order)

[Game Files]
GameFile0=Morrowind.esm
Gamefile1=nameofmod1.esm
Gamefile2=nameofmod2.esp

and so forth also set

AllowYestoAll to 1 instead of 0

I've just tried it, originally it was only

[Game Files]
GameFile0=Morrowind.esm

(with no mention of MMM, or any other!), so I added a line to make it:

[Game Files]
GameFile0=Morrowind.esm
GameFile1=Weather Stones.esp

and set:

AllowYestoAll to 1

but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The chest still does not appear on the wall, sadly.

when I get a chance I'll post my ini's settings here, some changes I made make lighting and water visibilty better as well as seems to improve the framerate.

Great, thanks.