xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Need Some Serious Help  (Read 733 times)

Austino

• Archived User
I Need Some Serious Help
« on: February 15, 2009, 08:49:00 PM »

Alright, so i've been trying to figure this out for a while now(modding on Xbox), but I have no idea what I'm doing. I've read many tutorials but nothing makes sense. Any help would be great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Austino

• Archived User
I Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 07:58:00 AM »

Here is some more info:

I have the goty edition.
I have a soft modded xbox.
From there do i copy the game to the hard drive?

Clockface

• Archived User
I Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:42:00 AM »

Sadly this board seems to be almost dead, so I'll try to answer your questions, though I'm not at all an expert.

On my (modded) XBox I used DVD2XBox to install Morrowind GOTY to my hard drive (F:), and then the game ran from hard drive with no problems (I use Evo-X as my dashboard, and I started the game from Evo-X's menu).

Then just download and install the mods (install them the way it says in the mod's instructions) and see if it works. Some mods work, others won't (due to the XBox's low memory limit), and some mods will work fine on their own, but clash with other mods if installed.

The only mod I installed myself is Weather Stones (  http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View...ail&id=3177  ) as I like rain. This mod works fine, so try that one first, and test it (read the instruction file), and if it works (when you have the stones you can turn the weather stormy or dry etc) then you know you have the hang of it. Look through these forums for a list of mods that work with Morrowind GOTY on the XBox.

I also downloaded and installed a mod pack, called the Mini Morrowind Mod, which is basically a *lot* of Morrowind mods that work fine together on an XBox. The mod pack sadly does NOT work with the Weather Stones mod, so when you've got Morrowind working with Weather Stones, so that you know you know how to install mods correctly to the game, you'll either have to remove the Weatherstones file or delete and reinstall Morrowind on your XBox hard drive alltogether (the former should work, if not, the latter will work).

The Mini Morrowind Mod is available from:

http://talkwarez.com/console-games/downloa...box-games-3046/

(if the link doesn't work, then google for the mod, I've tried to check the above link, but Rapidshare appears to be playing up at the moment).

Ah, the above link has downloads for the modified Morrowind .XBE files, I forgot, to run the Morrowind mods you have to edit the .xbe file (or download it from the above site, PAL version if you're in Great Britain, NTSC if you're in the USA). The editing details are on this forum.

Best of luck, mate, and please post any problems here.

This post has been edited by Clockface: Feb 17 2009, 01:45 PM

Austino

• Archived User
I Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »

Thanks man. Two questions though. If i install the game, does it copy the whole 7 or so gigs to HD? and do I need that texture fix at all?

This post has been edited by Austino: Feb 18 2009, 02:49 AM

Clockface

• Archived User
I Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 07:08:00 AM »

The entire install from the game disc is less than 1GB! Seriously, such a massive game and yet such a tiny
file size.It's around 850MB in total on the hard drive, not counting any mods you might install.

In fact, I've never seen a game that was more than five gig on the XBox, the largest I've seen was Mafia (and a few others that I can't recall) that were four and a half gig on the hard drive.

As for texture fixes, I've never used any and the game ran fine, so I suppose the answer is no.

I Hope that helps.

Austino

• Archived User
I Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 03:52:00 PM »

Hey, thanks man, you're my hero. But seriously, you should write a tutorial or sticky this topic or something. this is the only real clear guide i've read.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Clockface

• Archived User
I Need Some Serious Help
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 07:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(Austino @ Feb 21 2009, 02:36 AM) View Post

Hey, thanks man, you're my hero. But seriously, you should write a tutorial or sticky this topic or something. this is the only real clear guide i've read.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Anytime mate. But as for a tutorial, I'm really not the best person for that, as I know very little about XBox modding. Still, this thread will be on the boards permenantly, so if anyone else searches, they'll find it.

Incidentally, I'm not really an RPG fan, I've just tried Morrowind as I really want to like RPGs (as aparently RPGs can be very deep and interesting, and I'm getting bored of the same things over and over again in action games), but if you are an RPG fan then I've heard that Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, Fable (and Fable: the Lost Chapters), and Jade (or Jade Empire, I can't remember) are supposedly great RPGs too, if you've yet to try them.

At the moment though, I'm still playing AvP (recently ported to the XBox, see the last few pages at:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=270335  for details) and going through Goldeneye (N64) yet again (it's my favourite ever game after Perfect Dark (N64)).

Anyway, if you have any more questions then please post them, though of course I can't guarantee an answer, and sadly this board seems almost dead (I've asked a question in:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=658218

which hasn't been answered, as the author of the modpack seems to have stopped posting here).

If you want to talk about the game and discuss it with fans then you could try the Gamefaqs board for XBox Morrowind GOTY at:

http://www.gamefaqs....hp?board=915084

and maybe the Gamefaqs board for XBox Morrowind (non-GOTY) at:

http://www.gamefaqs....hp?board=480241

for gameplay help should you need any, and they have lots of FAQs there too.