xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can You Use Mods On Part 2?  (Read 680 times)

ZASADAR

• Archived User
Can You Use Mods On Part 2?
« on: December 11, 2004, 01:44:00 AM »

can you use mods on part 2?

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 02:58:00 AM »

As long as you have this game installed on your HD, mods should work fine. I've already added an override folder and edited some files to test things out (characters, items, 2da files). There are some differences in the way the game is structured, but so far the problems have been minor.

I haven't done enough to know just how far it can be taken at this point (only had the game 1 day), but I'm sure I can work through any problems I come across.

Over the next week I'm going to try out some scripting and several other things to see how it goes. I'll post my progress here.

This time, the override folder has to be added to the game directory, rather than the TDATA folder. I've also edited the swdirsXbox.ini file to point to all the correct folders (just in case) and I haven't had that glitch durring the opening dialog I've heard about.

This post has been edited by VoxAngel: Dec 11 2004, 11:01 AM

ddmf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

just looking into this myself as i'm stuck bigstyle trying to fight the twin assassins (damn auto-level-up!)

how do i remove an item from a character?

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 04:40:00 PM »

Character files are found in either or both of two places (generally), the templates.bif or the rim (area) file where the character is encountered. Sometimes this is more than one area depending on the role the character plays in a given area.

The .utc file (creature file) can be extracted and edited. KotOR Tool works ok for both things, or Leto (the advanced editor) for editing. Under the Equip_ItemList entry you can see what the character has and you can change it. This also includes feats, attributes, etc.

wemery73

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (VoxAngel @ Dec 13 2004, 01:12 AM)
Character files are found in either or both of two places (generally), the templates.bif or the rim (area) file where the character is encountered. Sometimes this is more than one area depending on the role the character plays in a given area.

The .utc file (creature file) can be extracted and edited. KotOR Tool works ok for both things, or Leto (the advanced editor) for editing. Under the Equip_ItemList entry you can see what the character has and you can change it. This also includes feats, attributes, etc.

can u do this with a iso or do you need it on your  hard drive?

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »

Should be on your HD. Since the override folder has to be in the game directory this time, you'll have to copy it to the drive.

Warheads

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »

how do u do inf xp, its not in the trainer?

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 07:31:00 AM »

This isn't about the trainer. This is about directly editing the games files.

XP is easy, just edit the exptable.2da and set all the numbers in the "xp" column to 1. As soon as you get any XP at all, you can go straight to level 50.