xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help With Kotor 2 Please  (Read 1311 times)

mgins27

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« on: December 08, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »

i got kotor 2 yesterday, and before i decided to load it onto my system, i played off the disk for about an hour and a half. after that, i stopped playing, loaded the game onto the hdd, and then tried to play. the game loads fine, but all of the writing is messed up, and u cant read anything. i turned off my system, and then tried to play the game off of the cd, but got the same problem. deleted the game off my hdd, and it still wouldnt work when trying to play the cd. is there anyway that i can get the game to work off my hdd, or at least with the cd?

thanks for any help

barranger

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »

Try backing up your game save then deleting it, and trying a new game (this won't help you continue your game, but it could tell you where the problem is)

Hope this helps,
Barranger

mgins27

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »

thanks alot, ill try it now
im only about an hour and a bit in, so its not that big of a deal if i cant continue it

This post has been edited by mgins27: Dec 8 2004, 06:28 PM

mgins27

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

same problem, only now there is absolutley no trace of the game ever being on my system (unless there are files hidden somehwere i cant see) could it have something to do with the specific copy of the game? maybe if i were to get a different game disc it would work?  any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

kungfujesus

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »

In an hour or so i will be able to try the game on my HDD without a save file being their first, i will be able to tell you then atleast if the problem has to do with the save (dont see why it would) wed atleast know thats not the problem smile.gif

Salpula

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 05:35:00 PM »

Well my problem is a little screwier. . . I noticed it sometimesgot a ltitle choppy, but not enough to take away from gameplay but enough to notice, then it froze once when I pressed start and a couple other buttons at the same time by means of fat fingers and carelessness but hey things happen.

Then today I was playing a part about an hour and a half or so in I guess where you open a forcefield or door something liek that, its goes to a cutscene of the droid you were using in solo mode getting shot thengoes black, but if I save and reload the same spot its not black, only the main character is standing there with no explanation as to how he got there and when I leave through the only exit which is an elevator I am not the broken droid and cannot move again.

Maybe its part of the story line vbut I am really fucking confused and frustrated because I can perform no task or move or do ANYTHING at ALL but pause the game and unequip stuff.

I heard you have to edit an INI file to get it to properly run a backup of this game from the hard drive but I have not seen anything about it and my friend failed to tell me where to find it. And he conviniently went to sleep.

I haven't noticed anything else wrong with the game but what I mentioned here either.

I also loaded it right to the hard drive before I played. However, I didn't seem to notice anything wrong with the game when the DVD was in the drive.

Marmite

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »

It is a problem with the game being loaded onto the hard drive. To my knowledge there is not a fix yet, until then just play with the DVD in the drive.

mgins27

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »

i got my game fixed. i forgot to check on the msdashboard, and there was still a save file there, and after i deleted it, it was fine. i had the same problem after the droid was blown up, so just saved, reloaded with the disk in, got past, saved again, and continued without the disk. im about an hour and a bit past that, and havent had any other problems like that.

does anyone know of any other times in the game when it blacks out?

Drilus

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 11:52:00 PM »

i'm 14 hours into the game, no black outs, nothing. started playing from HD too.

Deryck

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 05:17:00 AM »

Maybe its something to do with the in game reset stuff?  huh.gif

kungfujesus

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 07:09:00 AM »

maybe so cuz my game plays fine and my in game reset is turned off

ZASADAR

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004, 01:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (Marmite @ Dec 8 2004, 09:21 PM)
It is a problem with the game being loaded onto the hard drive. To my knowledge there is not a fix yet, until then just play with the DVD in the drive.

STOP TELLING PEOPLE THAT!!!!! I had no proplems playing this game from the hd the problem

This post has been edited by ZASADAR: Dec 11 2004, 09:34 AM

SonicRaT

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2004, 06:43:00 AM »

It is a problem for people who copied it to the HD, it's mostly common for the people who've pirated it. Anyway, try this if it does it: save the game right before the terminal, quit the game and go back to the main screen, scroll down  to movies and play the sith trailer and let it run all the way through and finish, then go back load the game and go through the scene again and it should continue. This seems to work pretty well for people who run into it. Otherwise just use the DVD for that spot and you'll be fine, and if you don't have the dvd, well then.

Deryck

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 03:08:00 AM »

Well that could be it, since they all have the prob at the same area maybe the pirate version was a bad rip? I don't know but ill post my specs since it works on mine maybe we can figure the problem out for everyone else

I have a 1.0 launch xbox, xenium modchip OS 2.0, evo x m8 bios, and an aftermarket 40g hdd.

This post has been edited by Deryck: Dec 12 2004, 11:09 AM

JediYodaNT

• Archived User
Help With Kotor 2 Please
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »

Ok, I Spent Two Hours Trying To Do Everything Listed To Get Past The Blackout Problem.....Finally Got It To Work, But I Did Have To Play That Segment From The Disc.  New Problem.....I've Gotten To The First Set Of Swoop Races And The Times I'm Makeing Are Not Getting Saved.  The Race Guy Said That The Time I Had To Beat To Make 1st Place Was 41:28 And I Had Made 41:18 And Is Said I Had Beaten None Of The Track Records....Any Ideas Guys?
Pages: [1] 2