xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo Cache Editor With Custom Maps?  (Read 945 times)

MasterRonJon

• Archived User
Halo Cache Editor With Custom Maps?
« on: February 02, 2020, 10:28:00 PM »

Hey I've been using HCE v.07 basically since its been out and now want to get back into it. I just downloaded some halo map packs and they work great but I can't modify the weapons in them with HCE. It seems like this should be possible and seems to be close to working.

Heres an example of what I've tried more specifically. Started Halo Maps V1, played Camtrack, quit to dashboard, started HCE, it says the map I played was Derelict (I'm assuming the map maker had to name the map after an original?), anyway then i load "Derelict" edit stuff like i normally would, save the file, quit to dashboard, play Halo Maps V1, then Camtrack and nothing is different. What am I doing wrong?

Also a peculiar difference from modding an original halo map from a custom is when i load a custom map next to the items ex. projectiles next to all the weapons the projectiles it will say unknown until i change it myself. could that have something to do with it?

Seems like this should be an easy fix anyone know?

dominater01

• Recovered User
Re: Halo Cache Editor With Custom Maps?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 05:22:18 AM »

the editor doesnt work for modified mappacks since all the new stuff isnt in the editor only default halo 1 works