xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Arsenic SlimDX Halo Modding Tool v1.0.1.0 (beta)  (Read 630 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Arsenic SlimDX Halo Modding Tool v1.0.1.0 (beta)
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | April 3 22:05 EST | News Category: Xbox

From halomaps.com:

First off I would like to thank everyone who has been using Arsenic. We have put a lot of hard work and effort into the development of this project. Without the help from our community we wouldn't have made it this far. We have gotten a lot of feedback and constructive criticism from our community members since the release back in February. Our test team has been tearing through the SlimDX beta versions like it's their job, Now it's your turn...

We're proud to announce the new SlimDX version of Arsenic. The reason for the switch over from Managed DirectX to SlimDX is pretty simple. "Managed DirectX is still usable, even with .NET 2.0 applications. However, there are a number of problems affecting MDX that make developing applications on it undesirable". There are numerous reason why MDX was becoming a dead end road for Arsenic, if you would like to know more click here.

We felt SlimDX was a much more stable environment for Arsenic especially in the long run. "SlimDX is an open source library originally prototyped by Promit Roy which allows .NET 2.0+ applications (including C#, VB.NET, IronPython, F#, and more) to use Microsoft's DirectX APIs, as well as several related Microsoft multimedia APIs. This role was previously filled for .NET 1.1 applications by Microsoft's own Managed DirectX (MDX) library. However, the age of .NET 1.1, and Microsoft's lack of interest in continuing MDX, have made it necessary to build a new library. Thanks to enthusiastic community support and the invaluable contributions of several other developers who have worked on and with SlimDX, the library has become a fully viable platform on which to build DirectX based applications. Our latest release is March 2009, and can be found for users and developers on the Download page". If your interested in learning more about SlimDX click here.

For those of you who already have Arsenic all you have to do is launch the program and it will prompt you to upgrade. Remember you must have March 2009 SP1 installed in order for Arsenic to run properly. Once that is done you can begin using Arsenic as you did before.

I would like to thank our test team for all their hard work and everyone else for the interest they have shown in our project. You can expect more within the next few weeks from us. We have a list of add-ons that we are currently working on such as Scripting, adding AI Spawns, finished Tag Editor, etc. So keep your eyes pealed.

You can also visit the main Arsenic thread here for more information!

Bug Fixes...
1. Handles compressed maps better
2. Weapons and Equipment can now be duplicated

New Updates...
1. Now using SlimDX instead of MDX for better compatibility with 64bit windows

More Info/Downloads: halomaps.com

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 01:24:00 AM »

nice but who really plays halo 2 anymore ? i love halo but its time to upgrade to a 360.  My xbox1 is only for videos and music using XBMC.

CrunchBite

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(tomgreen99200 @ Apr 4 2009, 04:00 AM) View Post

nice but who really plays halo 2 anymore ? i love halo but its time to upgrade to a 360.  My xbox1 is only for videos and music using XBMC.

This is for halo 1  wink.gif

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 01:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Crunchbite @ Apr 4 2009, 04:45 PM) *

This is for halo 1  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

even worse. lol. Halo was a great game.

trentdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »

Some of them NMP maps for Halo were fantastic, especially Flood Gulch.  It's nice to see people are still doing these types of things.  It would be awesome if more people used these types of things on XBConnect.

modifiedbears

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 01:37:00 AM »

Halo 1 is still the best. Microsoft is ignoring a cash cow by not releasing a version with Xbox Live play.

Hizlo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(modifiedbears @ Apr 6 2009, 03:13 AM) View Post

Halo 1 is still the best. Microsoft is ignoring a cash cow by not releasing a version with Xbox Live play.

Well I'm glad someone else said it. I've been saying this since Halo 1 was first released for Xbox. If Bungie would redo Halo 1 with live support I know people would play it. Halo has the best gameplay by far, but they view it as a thing of the past. It doesn't have to be this huge horrendous procedure, but have a simple server list where people can host or join games in session (just like halo pc). Simple to the point and call it a day! No need for matchmaking or that kinda crap.

But anyway, I couldn't agree with you more!  biggrin.gif

Vash3k

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

I remember flipping out when word on the street was that Microsoft was bring Halo to 360 Live. I also remember the epic facepalm I did when it turned out to be just a downloadable rip of the original disk. A sad day in the realm of potential. I also wait for the day of Halo 1 Xbox online.