xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do You Get The Halo Cache Editor From A Computer To The Xbox?  (Read 415 times)

MoB Sean

• Archived User
How Do You Get The Halo Cache Editor From A Computer To The Xbox?
« on: September 21, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

im guessing you Ftp it?

theperfekt001

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »

Read the networking guide in my sig and the how to 'install' apps on the Xbox in my sig.

Berzerker92

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »

and dont send a PM to random people asking them that same question IN ALL CAPS.

Sparx139

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(theperfekt001 @ Sep 22 2007, 07:47 AM) View Post

Read the networking guide in my sig and the how to 'install' apps on the Xbox in my sig.

No offence meant with this, but i'm going to write the basics in here using a crossover cable just to make life easier for anyone that opens this topic. For something a bit more detailed, go to theperfekt001's page

first off, you need a modded Xbox, a crossover cable, and an FTP program. I suggest FlashFXP. You can download a trial at  FlashFXP Hope Page, and it's only 20 dollars to register.

Now is where it gets a bit more complicated. Go into "control panel"-> "Network Connections" and right click on "Local Area Connection" and select "Properties".
Under "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)", select properties, and use the following IP address: 192.168.0.4, and a DNS Server address of 192.168.0.3

Open up you're Xbox's modded menu, and in system properties select "Use IP address", and change it to "192.168.0.3, and select "Primary DNS" and change that to: 192.168.0.4
Save the changes, and shutdown the Xbox.

Connect the cable between your PC and Xbox, and turn on the Xbox. Down in the bottom right, it should say that it found a connection. Open up FlashFXP and click on the lightning bolt. select "quick connect"  anf type in the xbox's ip address (192.168.0.3) for the URL, and xbox (all in lower case) for user name and user password. Hit connect, and after a few seconds you should see a bunch of folders labelled with letters. I dumped the cache editor in E:\Apps but you could probably put it anywhere in either C:\ or E:\.

Once again, sorry theperfekt001,  and I hope this helps anyone that looks at this