xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Html  (Read 166 times)

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
Html
« on: December 12, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »

I went to good-tutorials.com and they have quite a few tut's on web layouts and whatnot. I just don't understand how you're supposed to use them once they are done. What do you have to do to code them?

ZeroTheHero

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »

Put the code into notepad and save as .html .php etc.

awal

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »

You have to be pretty 1337 to use notepad. (Its not that hard though)
In my web apps class we use Frontpage and that would be good for beginners. (as apparently you are)
There are many other editors out there, you should just find one you like and practice with it alot.

CattyKid

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(awal @ Dec 12 2005, 10:10 PM) *

You have to be pretty 1337 to use notepad. (Its not that hard though)
In my web apps class we use Frontpage and that would be good for beginners. (as apparently you are)
There are many other editors out there, you should just find one you like and practice with it alot.

Well, can you write pure code in notepad?  I know you can in DreamWeaver, where you can switch between visual and Textual views on the fly (WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet Editor).
You don't have to be THAT good to be able to use Notepad, eventually you can visualize how things will look.
Just open a page like Google and right click and say "View Source."

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »

They don't actually provide the code so you can't just copy and paste, you have to write it yourself.

ZeroTheHero

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »

Then what is your question?

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 10:34:00 PM »

Well if making html in notepad is leet, then I am t3h 1337.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Ive used dreamweaver once or twice, it's cool and all, but I am drawn to notepad more.

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »

If you need an html editor to help build your pages, heres a link to a free one --> html-kit link

Well if making html in notepad is leet, then I am t3h 1337.  

Ive used dreamweaver once or twice, it's cool and all, but I am drawn to notepad more.

Well, can you write pure code in notepad? I know you can in DreamWeaver, where you can switch between visual and Textual views on the fly (WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet Editor).
You don't have to be THAT good to be able to use Notepad, eventually you can visualize how things will look.
Just open a page like Google and right click and say "View Source."

What the hell kind of web pages are you making in notepad??? Your adding images, slices, links, scripts, forming tables in notepad?? GTF outta here  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) .

This post has been edited by xboxbox451: Dec 13 2005, 06:50 AM

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »

not that hard..  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

ZeroTheHero

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Dec 12 2005, 09:58 PM) *

not that hard..  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

It really isn't

SweBaztard-SmartXX

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »

Omg. HTML is intended to be written in notepad. Just look at http://www.w3.org/. Dreamweaver and other shit just fucks it up. It generates so much unwanted code.

yaazz

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »

Ive used frontpage, notebook, and Dreamweaver, and Frontpage generates a LOT of unwanted BS code. But i have never seen a situation where dreamweaver does the same thing! Maybe in older versions of it or something

throwingks

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »

I do all my sites in notepad. Tables, frames, etc. It isnt that hard.
www.throwingks.com

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »

i use notepad for simple stuff but in my Web Page Design 1 class i was a sophmore in HS we used notpad in the beginning and then DreamWeaver

xboxbox451

• Archived User
Html
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(SweBaztard-SmartXX)
Omg. HTML is intended to be written in notepad. Just look at http://www.w3.org/. Dreamweaver and other shit just fucks it up. It generates so much unwanted code.

Notepad or any text editor can be used to build a web page, i.e Wordapad, MS Word, Corel Word Perfect. In the end its all just text formulated into applicable code. Though, why the hell would you want to use a text editor or even recommend a text editor to build web pages.

Apps like Front page, Dreamweaver, even a free app such as html-kit are chock full of tools to help manipulate the code in manner to easily and quickly create enhanced pages.