xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ANNOUNCEMENTS and ADDITIONAL RULES  (Read 153 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
ANNOUNCEMENTS and ADDITIONAL RULES
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2003, 09:25:00 PM »

Almost forgot.. today.. we welcome LEFTYFB to the Moderating team.. he's gonna pick up some of the slack..

He's starting in BUY & Sell.. to lend a hand.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2003, 12:00:00 PM »

No more "Payback" threads, nor any attempts, veiled or overt, to antagonize moderators and administrators.

You've been warned.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2003, 07:27:00 PM »

ADDED to SIG RULES - NEW - Rules will be enforced at the admin's and moderator's discretion; reasonable variances will be allowed, as well as extenuating circumstances that may permit exemptions from the rules (such as helpful info)

At the time of this writing.. we have close to 55000 members. Sig policing is not a high priority.. but every day.. a few more are done. It's up to the membership to fix their own sigs.. and bring them in line. The moderators take a small amount of time each day.. to address the sig situation.. and will not simply neglect other duties.. just because someone has thrown a hissy fit. If you think a moderator has unfairly targeted you for a sig violation.. contact me.  I'll resolve the issue one way or the other.

I'm not interested in people who have appointed themselves as snitches.  It speaks volumes about themselves.. and their lack of respect for other members of the site.. and of the site itself.  The only people who will be policing this site.. are the duly chosen moderators and admins.

I can respect the fact that you may not agree with all of the rules.  I can also respect if you choose to leave because you can't "tolerate" them.. or those enforcing it.  What I can't respect.. are those who take the EXTRA time out of their lives.. to compose a snitch list.. for the purpose of either drawing attention to themselves.. or to others for no reason whatsoever. (payback is a bitch?)

You do not need to come here.  You do not need to post.  Xbox-Scene above all else.. is an XBOX information archive.

The Moderators have the option of deleting or removing ANY sig.  and not just for those posted rules.  Sigs that cast XBOX-SCENE in a disparaging light can/will also be removed.  Those wanting to make XBOX-SCENE look bad.. can do so on their other sites.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2003, 01:11:00 PM »

You're "Brother" "sister" "ex-girlfriend" or "co-worker" gets access to your account.. and post shit on this site.. don't expect us to swallow that line of BS.

Abuse your account.  and we'll close it.  We don't want the sob stories.

Also.. No more "WHO IS A POST WHORE" threads/posts/polls. If people want to complain about an individual who they beleive is abusing the privilege of posting.. contact me. Don't start a thread/poll/post in ANY FORUM about it.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

user posted image

maybe this one works instead...

user posted image

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2003, 03:43:00 AM »

We'll try something new..

Cut out the "WHO IS A POST WHORE" threads/posts/polls.  If people want to complain about an individual who they beleive is abusing the privilege of posting.. contact me.  Don't start a thread/poll/post in ANY FORUM about it.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »

I forgot to do this the other day...

Welcome SHANAFAN, HEINRICH, and BRAHM2 as HEAD MODS.  They've worked hard.. and deserve the position.  I'm sure they'll work even harder still.

Good news for all of the head mods.. soon we'll be ready to move the site over to the new soft. When we do.. your HEAD MOD accounts will have access to TEMP BAN/MUTE Privs. Eg. 0-300 hours/days.

This should give you guys the responsiveness you need to maintain the forums during our absence. (me, xan, syrus.)

The new soft is still being tested.. and we like what we see. To the average user.. the differences will be transparent. (almost)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2003, 03:19:00 PM »

:::sigh:::

OK, people, I've said all this before, so I'll make it very short. Several people have been banned from this board recently. They were TOLERATED for entirely too long.

If you cannot accept that, please PM HSDEMONZ directly to be banned, rather than waste our time with pissy little complaint posts (I'm pionting at you, Hulk, erm, Plehem12). It really is a shame that some have been caught up in this mess, but crossing the line is crossing the line.

Moderators and admins are the FINAL AUTHORITY. Whiners and criers can check their angst at the door when visiting, because your antics are not welcome here.

Thank you, those who are actually reading this post. We are trying to KEEP Xbox-Scene the #1 Xbox site (and one of the top 100 sites in the WORLD in ANY category), the best site for information ahd support for the Xbox, and most importantly, a FRIENDLY place for people to chat without being constantly insulted and harrassed.

brahm2

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2003, 07:30:00 PM »

smile.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2003, 07:53:00 PM »

CONTESTS/GIVEAWAYS
================

Any NON-SPONSORS from now on who want to promote themselves, or their shops etc.. must now contact XANTIUM or MYSELF before posting a THREAD in GENERAL or other popular areas.

For the Time being.. if your shop want to give away goods/prizes in your B/S/T thread.. you may do so. EDIT: NON SPONSORS ARE NO LONG ALLOWED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
XBOX SCENE is not responsible in any way for any of these contests.  Prizes are furnished by the shops involved.  No Guarantee of fitness or mechantability of the prizes.

Current Pinned contests from NON-SPONSORS are allowed to continue. Future contests posted in core forums need to be approved by XANTIUM or MYSELF.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »

EBAY
-----

Do not posts links to EBAY or other auctions.. that are selling BACKUPS (either HD based or CD/DVD Media based)

XS consider's it the same as you selling them in BST.. and you'll be treated accordingly.

We don't need people here "announcing" that EBAY lets some of that shit in the back door.
Pages: 1 [2]