xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Satellite Hacking?  (Read 190 times)

Col.Havoc

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« on: January 21, 2003, 07:05:00 AM »

Yeah, there is a commercial on TV that talks about a guy who is going to steal something tonight.... i't not a purse, a car, a house, etc... it's your satellite signal.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone had any pages or info on this, seems interesting to me.

KazuyaWaruasobi

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 07:26:00 AM »

Satellite dish hacking has been around FOREVER. Just look around. There are hundreds of sites devoted to it. Easybuy2000 sells stuff for it as well. Jtag writers and such. It's pretty sweet. . . .

Ace25

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 07:57:00 AM »

To All Easybuy2000.com Customers
For reasons that we cannot disclose at the present time, we have removed all Satellite products from our website.

We appreciate your patience in this matter and want to assure everyone that EB2k will continue to provide great products to our customers!

We will release more information in the next week.

Easybuy2000.com

Think it speaks for itself.. do NOT buy any satellite hacking hardware. If your going to get into it, build your own, its not worth the risk with raids being done in the US and Canada at the distributers and they are seizing records for who ordered the stuff and going after the end users in court.

Cheerio

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2003, 08:15:00 AM »

canada used to have a huge sat. scene - but theyve really started to crack down on it.

Oger

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2003, 08:44:00 AM »

I love that commercial

its on so much right now thou

makes you laugh a bit LOL

Digian

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2003, 08:53:00 AM »

http://www.duwgati.com/ENGversie/index.htm
http://www.austech.info/forums/index.php

I think austech forum needs registration.
Duwgati is excellent.

Both quite legit sites. Good learning to be had.

This post has been edited by Digian: Jan 21 2003, 04:58 PM

b0ink

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ace25 @ Jan 21 2003, 02:50 PM)
To All Easybuy2000.com Customers
For reasons that we cannot disclose at the present time, we have removed all Satellite products from our website.

We appreciate your patience in this matter and want to assure everyone that EB2k will continue to provide great products to our customers!

We will release more information in the next week.

Easybuy2000.com

Think it speaks for itself.. do NOT buy any satellite hacking hardware. If your going to get into it, build your own, its not worth the risk with raids being done in the US and Canada at the distributers and they are seizing records for who ordered the stuff and going after the end users in court.

You can buy.... but must be careful.   1) Do no order from anyone in the states (also avoid canada if possibile). 2) Do a DNS lookup of the site you are buying from and make sure it is not owned by DirectTV 3) Buy from a trusted site and do not pay with a credit card (one case where a blank money order is good). 4) There are sites that offer smart card programmers for legal purposes (pc security,ect) and sell no satillite equipment, buy from these.  (One example is SDLogic.) 5) Set up a PC so you can logon by smartcard.  Now you have proof (via computer logs) that you have been using it for legal purposes since the day you bought it.

If you have the skill making your own eq is the way to go.

Anyway, if you want more info goto The Den.  Please make sure you search\read before posting there.  They have a reading club (something we should get here if possibile) and if you don't you will be put in it and not able to post for 15-90 days.  If you're like many in the hobby programming is fun.  Break out the assembly books.  beerchug.gif

edit: link was incorrect

This post has been edited by b0ink: Jan 21 2003, 05:04 PM

s_lipowitz

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2003, 10:45:00 AM »

The only thing which I'll add to the discussion is that Dave has a tendency to not only go after retailers selling the equipment, but the individual people themselves..

Thats right.. you personally. Unlike various other "grey market" items, this is strightly defined as illegal.

b0ink

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2003, 11:29:00 AM »

!--QuoteBegin-s_lipowitz+Jan 21 2003, 05:38 PM-->
QUOTE (s_lipowitz @ Jan 21 2003, 05:38 PM)
The only thing which I'll add to the discussion is that Dave has a tendency to not only go after retailers selling the equipment, but the individual people themselves..

Thats right.. you personally. Unlike various other "grey market" items, this is strightly defined as illegal.

Sort of... just like a mod chip.... selling a device that is flashed to get around DSS security is illegal.  Selling an item that is not flashed and has legal uses is not.

What DirectTV is doing at this point is more of a scare tactic.  So far they are having dealers raided that are selling illegal devices, weather it is a flashed programmer, a JTAG, or whatever.  So far these dealers have had some link to the US.  For example, easybuy2000, while based in Canada shipped many US orders out of Texas.  This is a big no-no.

DTV is using the records from those companies to go after the end user.  DTV is assuming that since you ordered this device you actually used it to pirate a signal.  The problem is that if you go to trial they have to prove it.  Where many people mess up is contacting DTV directly without a lawyer.  What DTV is counting on is the end user just setteling because they can't afford a laywer.  If you follow the link in my previous post there is a forum there that is specifically about this issue.  It has more info that you would ever want to know.  It also has references to laywers that are well versed in this area.  

There is also a class action law suit being filed saying that what DTV is doing is illegal.  If you get the dreaded letter you will want to join it.

J.P. Patches

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2003, 11:37:00 AM »

What I'm sad about is that the lovely H stream is gone forever.  A moment of silence, please...

I have an HU loader, but I've not been able to AUX a HU yet.  Can't glitch it.  Haven't tried all that much, either.  Was thinking I should get around to it.

s_lipowitz

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2003, 11:40:00 AM »

!--QuoteBegin-b0ink+Jan 21 2003, 11:22 AM-->
QUOTE (b0ink @ Jan 21 2003, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (s_lipowitz @ Jan 21 2003, 05:38 PM)

Sort of... just like a mod chip.... selling a device that is flashed to get around DSS security is illegal.  Selling an item that is not flashed and has legal uses is not.

What DirectTV is doing at this point is more of a scare tactic.  So far they are having dealers raided that are selling illegal devices, weather it is a flashed programmer, a JTAG, or whatever.  So far these dealers have had some link to the US.  For example, easybuy2000, while based in Canada shipped many US orders out of Texas.  This is a big no-no.

DTV is using the records from those companies to go after the end user.  DTV is assuming that since you ordered this device you actually used it to pirate a signal.  The problem is that if you go to trial they have to prove it.  Where many people mess up is contacting DTV directly without a lawyer.  What DTV is counting on is the end user just setteling because they can't afford a laywer.  If you follow the link in my previous post there is a forum there that is specifically about this issue.  It has more info that you would ever want to know.  It also has references to laywers that are well versed in this area.  

There is also a class action law suit being filed saying that what DTV is doing is illegal.  If you get the dreaded letter you will want to join it.

Very true.. sorry, I was not as clear in what "equipment" I was referrencing. I was referring to the items already flashed for specific use with DTV, as well as HU and P4 cards.

The contrast was in reference to the pre-flashed xbox modchips being sold -- they are a "grey area" on what can be done with them, but so far no specific action against individual users is being taken. DTV on the other hand, is doing exactly what you said.

b0ink

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2003, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (J.P. Patches @ Jan 21 2003, 06:30 PM)
What I'm sad about is that the lovely H stream is gone forever.  A moment of silence, please...

I have an HU loader, but I've not been able to AUX a HU yet.  Can't glitch it.  Haven't tried all that much, either.  Was thinking I should get around to it.

It's not dead yet... you can still get the music channels.  tongue.gif

For now I would not worry about HU emu... it does not work the same as the H card as it still requires the card to process packets.  However, there is a loader out there that sort of acts like a bootstrap for HU cards.  All you need is a non blacklisted bin to get it running.  This is the only way with HU cards to make sure your card is safe.  Last I saw it the unit cost around $250.  Next safest way is activation.  Look around there are quite a few working 3m available.

EDIT: Spellcheck

This post has been edited by b0ink: Jan 21 2003, 08:04 PM

M3_DeL

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

My story

Built my own Loader
Bought my stuff (reciever/HU card) from garage sale
and have a minumum sub to the service my self. 2 more recievers and 2 P4 cards and one dish

do that and you'll be just fine

This post has been edited by M3_DeL: Jan 21 2003, 09:48 PM

Col.Havoc

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2003, 06:17:00 PM »

Wow, didn't think it was this big.

Ok, some newb q's here.

If I have an old bell expressvu one, I can reprogram that right? Also, what would I exactly need if I were to start right from beginning. (no dish, no receiever, etc.)

M3_DeL

• Archived User
Satellite Hacking?
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2003, 06:20:00 PM »

To begin go over to dssgroundzero.com and goto the forums and read up on HU's Biatch smile.gif