xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Method For Cdr Booting ( Works On Mine)  (Read 558 times)

CHRONICGIRL_19

• Archived User
Method For Cdr Booting ( Works On Mine)
« on: August 01, 2002, 12:04:00 PM »

Ok this is my first post i hope it helps people as it did for me. . .

i do not have a modded xbox but i have sucessfully got cdr music cds to be read in the xbox! beleave it or not i kind of got this from xbox support page where it says if a cd gets lodged use the manul eject wich is located on the left side of yer eject and power buttons its a tiny hole you will need a bent paper clip or somthing the same size. now what i did was play with it for a lil bit cause i must do anything new i find out but dont we all =)
now after is flashes mad times it will stay closed!! now after you do that instert a music cdr or game cdr and power off yer box now hold all buttons down except the black and white buttons now power it on while still holding buttons down! it took me a total of 2 times of trying the button trick and after that all 12 cdr's i have tride work flawless but ima tell you now it takes forever to load and to copy jusdt as cdr-w's load slower then dvdr cdr is worse but it works for me!! i hope this post will help people and if not please dont flame me i was told by a few of my friends to post here thanks for reading and enjoy :D                    

foocankill

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 09:04:00 AM »

can you say that in english please                    

CHRONICGIRL_19

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 10:49:00 AM »

ok i will explane better. . .

as i was lookin around xbox.com's support page and it stated this.

(1) Locate the manual eject, which is a small hole under the disc tray, to the left of the Power and Eject buttons. (This is similar to the manual eject on a computer disc drive).

(2) Using the end of a bent paper clip or other tool, press the manual eject. This should partially eject the disc tray.  Remove the game disc and close the tray.

(3) Witch on mine it didnt Open it just made the green light around the eject button flash Alot! of times.  I then proceeded to push the manual eject a few times, Making sure you power off aswell to keep resetting the box..

(4) Now after i did that i finnaly shut off my xbox. .  
I proceeded to put in a cd-r music disk Memorex 700mb 80min white Top Cdr-s now while in i booted off the box, I rebooted and followed step (3)
once again this time only using the manual eject trick 1 time.
Now turn yer box off.

(5) Reboot your box holding down all buttons Except Black And white. .
I mean even hold down bith the back and  start buttons both triggers and all yer colorfull buttons. . . Keep holding them down while yer xbox is booting now it should read cd-r music i have not tride cdr games as this should work with a moded box wich i dont have so i couldnt test that. .

(6) now when you boot yer cdr keep this in mind it tool me 25-35 min just to copy 2 songs off of each disk cause the loading time is so sloooooow. . .

i would still recomend cdr-w - dvdr-w's cause its just so slow but if you want this it  should help

i hope this is understandable this time. .
i was just in a hurry to put last post up very sloppy sorry all                    

slamer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2002, 10:42:00 AM »

it works  biggrin.gif

CHRONICGIRL_19

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2002, 10:58:00 AM »

Did you try on cdr- games or just music??                    

slamer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 11:11:00 AM »

just a music disk. that didn't work before.                    

CHRONICGIRL_19

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2002, 11:14:00 AM »

ive gotten it to work on all 12 of my music cd's heh i dont like much music but anyways try memorex cd's the next time ya need cdr's                    

[oMega]

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2002, 11:56:00 AM »

Hmm, seems kinda tricky...

Wont that damage the lens?

CHRONICGIRL_19

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2002, 12:38:00 PM »

well it hasent ruined my lens since yer not touching the lens i dun know how you could damage it all my games still work with out a problem at all                    

foocankill

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2002, 12:47:00 PM »

oh snap, so that was a bad idea to stick needles in my lens?!                    

[oMega]

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2002, 12:51:00 PM »

Its not touching it, instead you are forcing it to read things that its not designed to read.

CHRONICGIRL_19

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2002, 12:56:00 PM »

well if you look at it that way yeah but if it does read it it reads im not forcing anyone to try this i just thought i would give my input on how to do it.
if it reads it reads if not (NOT) this is for the people who cant affoard dvd burners. . .  not for us people =) i just thought i would share. . . and 3 of my friends on irc have gotten it to work for music and still theres work fine
no problems reading game discs or anything. . . . .                    

foocankill

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2002, 01:04:00 PM »

well you said it forcefully, im hurt, i dont like to be pushed around like that.                    

CHRONICGIRL_19

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2002, 01:00:00 PM »

hahahahahahahaha  biggrin.gif

foocankill

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2002, 01:04:00 PM »

tongue.gif
Pages: [1] 2