xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: PS2 Vs XBOX  (Read 1380 times)

Lovaboy

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2002, 04:10:00 PM »

no comp! x rules over all                    

Tommatt

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2002, 04:55:00 PM »

Quote (KbudE @ Jun 13 2002, 09:19 PM)
heh, sorry about that... :rolleyes:

Not a problem, but next time I will sick Dilbert on you B)                    

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2002, 08:16:00 PM »

oh no! fear Dilbert the great! ohmy.gif

pmow

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2002, 10:10:00 PM »

So far, PS2 has better games.  I wish I could play with my xbox controller.  That is, if I HAD a PS2.  Last time I played with a PS2 was at school.  My thumb had a huge friggin blister from playing VF.  Give me a BREAK!  

Better controller: XBOX
Better games: PS2
Better graphics: XBOX
Better tech devices: XBOX
More sales: PS2

4NIC8TOR

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2002, 06:10:00 PM »

The only thing that sucks about the XBOX controller is the button layout.  The Y button is up there too far and I always end up hitting the little black and white buttons.  Don't get me wrong, I like the controllers.  I just like PS2's controllers better.

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2002, 01:14:00 AM »

with the new controller S i accidentally hit the BLACK button while i push the A button

MossMan13

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2002, 09:40:00 AM »

tongue.gif

pmow

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2002, 01:21:00 PM »

Well, there are a couple games that will be "better" on the ps2.  E3 comes to mind.  However, that's only levels, and gameplay.  What about overall graphics?

Also, the biggest price point of the xbox is that they have bottomless pockets, whereas Sony doesn't.  When has M$ ever backed down from a market?  If the DOJ was closing them down, or splitting them up, you can bet your arse I wouldn't have bought one.  But jeez, just look at it.  They're SELLING THESE THINGS AT A LOSS!  They're gonna eat up market share just like the Iexplore vs netsc@pe battles.  While it's not free, it sure is alluring to buy a system from a company that will spend years before it gets any returns on games.  (ie, Dreamcast)

MdRT

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2002, 04:38:00 PM »

Sony up to their last version of the PS2 was also losing money. That's not what's important. Set the console sales figures aside (eventhough they're important) Software sales for the Xbox in Japan and Europe are pathetic. Even in the US look at the %'s. Either that changes or no matter how great a console might be it won't make it.

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2002, 04:01:00 AM »

Quote (gogoWes @ Jun 18 2002, 09:52 PM)
Xbox and Game Cube are gonna have incredible sales increases this holiday season.  They are the "newer" systems and the parents will go wild

ya if u think about it majority of population in US already own a PS2 so kids are gonna ask for either XBOX or GAMECUBE this holiday season.  but anybody who asks me "WHAT SYSTEM SHOULD I GET" i'd give em the BEST and SIMPLE answer of........ XBOX!! laugh.gif

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2002, 03:00:00 AM »

what do u mean M$ has bottomless pockets??? Sony has around the same amount of $$$ as billy boy's company...... sony owns like food company's, toshiba and other crap too......... lol

but as for ps2's 2 year lead over the xbox and only having a dozen games worth playing........ how horrid can u get??

xbox is replacing the DC, a system also far superior to Sony's hype machine....... and the fact I have 30+ games on my xbox HD and never had to buy a mem card and it still says I have 50,000+ blocks free... yea...
and look at the beauty and play of the first gen games on xbox.... it can only get better from here on....

I do like the Ps's dual shock over the xbox controller(the original one not ps2's analog crap)...... the placement of the buttons on the xbox controller are oddly placed(the A button, blk and wht buttons are in awkward positions) I have 8 1/2 inch hands.... u try an tell me my hands are small....

thats my half a penny....

chilin_dude

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2003, 10:40:00 AM »

Its all about preference

switzch

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2003, 12:55:00 PM »

im suprised my old 300+ thread hasnt been lifted from the dead the way things have been going these days.

i am an xbox fan, i really see no reason to get ps2 other than rpg's and gta3/

bong888

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2003, 01:02:00 PM »

with my xbox and my PC i have no need for Ps2

Dunny

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

XBOX never had a chance, its clear the most populiar console recieves the best games.

Id hate to see one company dominate the console market but I wouldnt be suprised if its the same outcome with PS3.
Pages: 1 [2] 3