xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: PS2 Vs XBOX  (Read 1362 times)

chucky16

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« on: September 03, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

No there is no comparison! xbox rules!

gronne

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

Sure. But why the hell do you have to bump up threads more than a year old? Seriously, it's really annoying when you've read three strange pages only to find out it's a dead thread.

Mage

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 10:00:00 PM »

Yet again?

KbudE

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 03:48:00 PM »

lets see, xbox or ps2... hmmm lets see:

they both   -cost the same ($200)
                 -have thier own sets of good games
                 -have modchips to play free backups
                 -are made by top companies

but, the Xbox has superior hardware because it was released after the ps2 meaning it has and will continue to have graphically superior games compared to the playstation 2.  its just a law of nature, you cant argue against it.  if u ask me, its a shame its still competing with the ps2 but it is only reasonable because its only a year old and isnt as popular as the almost 3yr old ps2.  it was MS's mistake entering the console wars so late with thier system but they've compenated by matching the price to ps2.

not to mention that the modchips are cheaper for the xbox...

lets see, what would i rather get... an xbox or ps2... hmm

Let the truth be told!

mario_ps2

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 07:20:00 PM »

If you're in for the games then buy ps2, if you're in for the quality then buy the xbox.  I have now convinced myself that the xbox graphics are far superior than the ps2 and you don't see too much of a bluriness like the ps2.

Although, the ps2 has pretty nice features like ps1 compatibility, very cheap modchips(in fact you don't need a chip to boot copy games just a little swap trick) and ps2 has a large collection of games.

so there you go. biggrin.gif

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2002, 07:27:00 PM »

gotta add that xbox comes equipped with ethernet ($40 extra for ps2) and hard drive ($80 extra for ps2).  so practically it is cheaper than ps2 if u add it all up.  true ps2 has more games but how many would you actually play... i have 200 games for ps2 but still play xbox more  biggrin.gif

pmow

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2002, 08:54:00 PM »

Predictably the Legendary Rob is full of wisdom....

A) Better graphics
cool.gif Ethernet hookup (we can play on the net for a while now)
C) Hard drive (I haven't spent squat on any memory cards)
D) DivX;) player (very nice to have)
E) a nice resemblance to the late DC - nice and programmable the way we like it.

The games on the xbox are better, even tho ps2 has a few good games.  I hate/detest/abhor the ps2 controllers too.

MdRT

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2002, 11:16:00 PM »

Ditto but for the Xbox controllers, whomever decided where the buttons went had to be an idiot. I prefer using the 3rd part MadCatz controller that has the button layout like the PS2.
How can you dislike the best controller ever designed?  tongue.gif

sdsc

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2002, 11:43:00 PM »

I don't think that either of the system's controllers are bad.  I just think that it would be really hard to go back and forth between them.                    

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2002, 02:43:00 AM »

dual shocks been out for a loooooooooooooong time. we jus got used to em. if xbox controllers have been used for 10 years and then comes the dualshcok we'd be talkin ish on dualshocks instead                    

R3B0RN

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2002, 07:12:00 AM »

Quote (MdRT @ Jun 12 2002, 06:16 AM)
Ditto but for the Xbox controllers, whomever decided where the buttons went had to be an idiot. I prefer using the 3rd part MadCatz controller that has the button layout like the PS2.
How can you dislike the best controller ever designed?  :P

If you have small hands yes... The xbox controller is just the right size, and is the most natural feeling for my hands...

The PS2 controller is way to small and not playable for me, if you don't have small hands...

Maybe it's because i'm older or maybe you are small anyway, a lot of "younger" ppl like the PS2 controllers more, but i still think it's because of their hand-size...

Just use whatever fits you best :D                    

jubilex

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2002, 10:40:00 AM »

Xbox is a better system in and of itself, but right now PS2 is far superior when it comes to games. Sure, the graphics aren't as good.  But I'd rather play ICO, MGS2, GT3, GTA3, Devil May Cry, Ace Combat, Baldur's Gate, and Soul Reaver than Halo, which is the only must-have on Xbox right now. Everything else is on both (though the Xbox versions obviously look better). Xbox should catch up by the end of this year (maybe), but right now it just doesn't have the must-haves that PS2 does.                    

MdRT

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2002, 10:48:00 AM »

Reborn that "if your hands are small" argument has been used too many times as some sort of insult. I didn't complain about the size or weight or anything BUT the damn button layout which is awful. If your hands aren't small how can you not complain that the friggin buttons are all bunched together in some messed up semi diagonal including the white and black buttons?                    

Tommatt

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2002, 02:20:00 PM »

MOved to gamers chat.

Come on guys, when you post something, please try to look to see if theres a more appropriate section than general.                    

KbudE

• Archived User
PS2 Vs XBOX
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2002, 03:19:00 PM »

heh, sorry about that... rolleyes.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3