xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem  (Read 1082 times)

Mullan

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« on: April 16, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »

Okay, ive got the Shortbus version of halo 2, converted it to dvd5 and burned it. It burns succesfully, Evox recognises it as a game, it launches, then it says "the disc yyour using is dirty or damaged. My xbox is softmodded, does that make a difference? Any info will be greatly appreciated. :( <

crustyteacup

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

probably a bad burn, try burning at slower speed, and maybe a better media, don't be cheap on media. what dvd drive do you have in your xbox? <

Mullan

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply. The medias not the problem, nor is the burn speed. i tried both cheap and expensive disks. The wierd thing there is that on the expensive discs, the progress bar gets to 100% then fails. But the cheap discs burn succesfully. Both of them boot up but then give the dirty disk error. I've got a thomson drive, but i dont think thats the problem because i can play any burned game with it so far. Is it possibly something to do with the dvd5 patch? :uhh: <

luigionlsd

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »

If it makes any difference, I've never been able to get the NTSC Halo 2 to backup correctly on DVD.  Sometimes when ripped to HD, the multiplayer maps don't load, but I've never been able to boot it from DVD+R... I was using Memorex DVD+Rs @ 4x speed, on a Samsung xbox drive. <

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 01:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(luigionlsd @ Apr 17 2005, 05:30 AM)
If it makes any difference, I've never been able to get the NTSC Halo 2 to backup correctly on DVD.  Sometimes when ripped to HD, the multiplayer maps don't load, but I've never been able to boot it from DVD+R... I was using Memorex DVD+Rs @ 4x speed, on a Samsung xbox drive.

That is because Samsungs don't get along with DVD+R.  You have to set the booktype to DVD-ROM in order to get it to work.  
 <

Mullan

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2005, 06:26:00 AM »

So your saying if i change the booktype of my dvd-r then it could work. If so then how do i do it? <

RocafellaSqualie

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2005, 07:19:00 AM »

Taken from:
http://pictures.xbox-scene.com/hsdemonz/rules/Rules.htm

“Can someone help me with my downloaded copy of ‘x’ game I got from newsgroups, kazaa, and/or torrents…it’s not working…”

Trust me as soon as a staff member sees this, you will have your account closed. Xbox-Scene is not here to help you in any shape or manner getting downloaded or rented backups to work.
<

Mullan

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2005, 09:52:00 AM »

1. I own the freakin game! i find downloaded backups easier to use
2. I have looked at all the "i cant fit halo 2 on a dvd5" threads and im the only one who has this problem <

RocafellaSqualie

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Mullan @ Apr 17 2005, 07:47 AM)
1. I own the freakin game! i find downloaded backups easier to use
2. I have looked at all the "i cant fit halo 2 on a dvd5" threads and im the only one who has this problem

Wouldn't it be much faster to back it up yourself and remove the Live! and the .bik files!?  <_< <

xboxgamer733

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

Just remove all the .xbe files (update.xbe...) in the root of the ISO except for default.xbe, and then it should fit on a DVD. <

Mullan

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »

Doesnt anybody read posts before they reply :evil: ! If you actually read what i said you would  see that fitting halo 2 on the disc is not a problem. The problem is after i do this i get a dirty disc error. The reason i use a downloaded backup is that i dont like messing around with the original disc, and i like to have different regions for online play. <

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Halo 2 Dvd5 Problem
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mullan @ Apr 18 2005, 07:34 AM)
Doesnt anybody read posts before they reply :evil: ! If you actually read what i said you would  see that fitting halo 2 on the disc is not a problem. The problem is after i do this i get a dirty disc error. The reason i use a downloaded backup is that i dont like messing around with the original disc, and i like to have different regions for online play.

Take your fucking pills.

It's obvious tthe Halo you have was messed up/is missing a file it needs, so it will never work.  The majority of the games on the internet are broken/missing files in some way.  So stop yelling at people about you not asking how to fit it on a single disc, they are just trying to help you by letting you know that you should do the backup manually so you know it's a good backup!

Back up the game off your own disc.  Read the fricking pinned post on which files to remove here:  http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=342366

Oh, and whether you own the fucking game or not, you are not allowed to discuss downloaded games.  Downloading a game in most countries (whether you own it already or not) is illegal and a bannable offence.

So expect your account to be banned.  Since you are being such an asshole to people who are trying to help you, I'm guessing no one will miss you.

Moving thread to trash due to rule violation. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :grr:

<