xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Modding For Custom Server Play?  (Read 671 times)

Master13

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Modding For Custom Server Play?
« on: October 07, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »

Well first off if this would be possible it would most likely only work on an Xbox not a 360 because of its backwards Compatibility. Hate to break it to you but its unlikely this will happen. I think the PC version you could probably do this just a suggestion.

GTTeancum

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »

Actually the game *IS* backwards compatible on the 360, but that doesn't matter as it still uses the old Xbox Live from the original Xbox (which has been shut down for over a year). That's the networking service it used, it didn't use dedicated servers (and can't). Unfortunately the only way to play online is with an original Xbox via a tunneling app on your PC. Even if you had a modded 360 and could figure out how to get it running on your 360 there's no way to play online.

Master13

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »

I know it is backwards compatible I meant it is running through an emulator and such a hack might not run on the 360. The thing is it would take a dedicated team forever to hack and change code enough to accept and connect to a different server other than Xbox Live since we know very little about it