xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Battlefront Ii Xpansion Pack  (Read 779 times)

GTTeancum

• Archived User
Battlefront Ii Xpansion Pack
« on: March 20, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »

Yep, it's possible.  Teancum here from Gametoast -- I've been working on it over the last week and have the following working:

1-New modes on existing maps (Hero CTF)
2-Custom heroes (currently Kyle Katarn is the hero on GCW Coruscant Conquest)

http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic....=25&t=17651

Now before anyone asks I can't write up a simple tutorial.  I worked with the mod tools since they first came out for PC for SWBF1, so I know the ins and outs of them.  BUT, I might just release my custom content builder (it's just a custom "map" for the PC version modified to build Xbox content) so you can use it with the PC mod tools.

Tonight I'm experimenting with new maps - I'm rebuilding Bespin Platforms from our PC source file conversion to see if custom maps will work on the Xbox.  It'll probably take a week or two to figure out whether I can get it to work, so no ETA there.

Another thing I should point out is that every bit of this mod comes from original source files.  What I mean by that is this:  There are a few custom Jedi Outcast converted models, but these were converted from the original, publicly released source models.  Same deal with any SWBF1 content.  I won't convert anything that isn't already "open source".  So please don't ask for something like Master Chief as a hero - that's not happening.

That being said there's no ETA on the mod.  But if you want to keep up-to-date check out the link posted above.

This post has been edited by GTTeancum: Mar 21 2009, 01:37 AM

cbagy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 12:54:00 AM »

I love this game, i hope it gets worked on as i believe with the power of media center the old xbox is getting a right new lease of life. Just read the other forum, sounds exiting.

cyguration

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 11:31:00 AM »

wow, dude you pwn!

Just wanted to say that it's really cool you made this kind of headway. I haven't had the time to implement the sort of dedication needed to make that next step, but I'm glad someone out there is doing it.

I can't wait until your next update. Keep up the great work. smile.gif

atomic_kangaroo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »

Damn Teancum I can't register on your forums there.
I'm glad to see not everyone has given up on xbox 1 modding. and look forward to trying out your BF2 mod.
 biggrin.gif

Saddens me that people are so quick to write the XB1 off as dead, I mean there are people still hacking into the dreamcast, and why do we have Commodore 64 emulators and the like?
Because as long as someone likes it, and uses it it's alive!

So many xbox games I am yet to play, and the hunt continues for those titles. The current generation is too quick to go for grahics over gameplay, and I think the Xbox 1's graphics and gameplay are still pretty damn good, wish microsoft had continued with a cut down version of it, mean hell the PS2 and it's games are still being made new and that's an older and crappier machine....

I'm not gonna give up playing it for a while nor will I stop modding it where and when I can, and I appreciate the users like your self who do it because they can and want to for themselves, and not for the glory.

It's that mentality that counts and that many who haven't had such ideals are the reason we've seen so many half assed never completed mods.

Thanks for your work and I look forward to the rest of your content for you current project  biggrin.gif great stuff.

GTTeancum

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 10:00:00 AM »

Preview version released.  There's still a ton of work I have to do -- this is more a Proof-Of-Concept release.  15 maps, new heroes, new gametypes.  Some stuff still crashes, and don't play Bespin: Cloud City, Rhen Var: Citadel, Rhen Var: Harbor or Yavin IV: Arena -- I haven't given instructions on how to import your DLC yet.

NOTE: This will change your SWBF2 game dramatically, and it won't be compatible in any way with someone who does not have this mod.  It will also require you to have new saves (too much has changed to keep the old game ID)

DOWNLOAD (97mb)

cyguration

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »

Wow, dude...this thing is massive (to be in such a small file). Excellent work, it's amazing.

Are you planning on releasing a tutorial on how you munged this for the Xbox? I'd love to mess around with more stuff like this. I really haven't had the time to get back into modding this game given my schedule but it'd be cool to find out how you got the new textures, lighting and maps to work for the Xbox.

Also, I noticed you managed to get the flying vehicles to work fully in the BF1 maps -- usually the game locked up or there were memory issues trying to get them to appear in non-space battles in BF2. How exactly did you get that to work?

This post has been edited by cyguration: Jan 18 2010, 11:10 PM

GTTeancum

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

Long story short this comes from 3+ years of experience modding this engine, lots of community support, and lots of custom tools.  Unfortunately I've been asked not to release certain tools to the public as multiple mods would really screw up online play.  That being said I'll consider requests if you're looking for something specific.

cyguration

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »

Hmm, all right...I understand.

Is it possible then to package up the lua scripts for the worlds? I would love to take a look at an exposed mission.lvl from the mod.

Speaking of which, would it still be safe to edit the lua scripts with the mod tools for the different worlds without needing any of the other tools to make changes?