xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Content Creation Tools  (Read 735 times)

Hoho5000

• Archived User
Xbox Content Creation Tools
« on: July 26, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »

Here is a package I put together that allows you to create content for the Xbox version of Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Readme:

Instructions: The first thing you need to do is import any data you want from the assets folder(or wherever else). I've already included all of the level scripts. To create a new mission.lvl, edit the level scripts you want in the scripts folder. When you're done, go into the _BUILD folder and double click on xbox_munge.bat. This will create a folder that contains the mod files in the root directory(SWBFII XBox Mod Creation/_LVL_XBOX). When it's done munging, just ftp the mission.lvl file to your Xbox and play.

Notes: If you want to edit sides(or anything else), import the side from assets. Then, go through each folder of that side, looking for folders called "PC." If you're just making Xbox content, then rename the folders called "PC" to "XBOX". If you're planning on making a PC version of the mod as well as an Xbox version, then copy the folders and rename each of the copied folders to "XBOX".

If you change anything after munging, then you need to clean and remunge for the changes to take effect.

Download
(This is a 7zip file)

One more thing, you have to copy both folders to the BF2_ModTools directory in order for it to work correctly.

This post has been edited by Hoho5000: Jul 27 2006, 05:36 AM

Hoho5000

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

Sorry, but I messed up the xbox_munge.bat. Here's a working one.

Download

HarrisonFan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

Awesome you posted it. Once again that was a great find.

ZeFrenk

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »

So, is it also possible to recreate the official downloadable content package with this, as stated in the readme in the data_xbx map? I read about it but didn't really know how to use it.

I've quoted the readme below

To: Whoever has to maintain or create new downloadable content packs for Battlefront II

This folder contains basically all the stuff necessary to create the first downloadable content package for xbox live. To munge stuff in this dir, just open the VisualMunge.exe located in this folder's _BUILD directory, and munge away. You'll probably want to turn your xbox off before you do this, so it doesn't copy files over. For this pack, you need to munge common, the DLC side, and the worlds COR, KAS, MYG and NAB.

Now, you're left with some .lvl files inside _LVL_XBOX\, which will be used to create the content pack. Note, a content pack doesn't need *all* the .lvl's that are created with the munge process. The package itself is created with XLAST, so open that util (located in your xdk folder somewhere), and open the .xlast project located in XLAST_Data\.

You'll notice it has the necessary .lvl files located in the tree view. To test the pack, just click action->test on local xbox. Also, you should probably test the package running from a burned copy of the *shipped* version of the game with the patch(es) installed (check out Battlefront2\Xbox Patches\ for info on the patch).

To get the files to show up in the mission list, we're using the same "addme.lua" hack from the first game. This script is located in the addme\ folder. It basically tells the game the names of the new levels and adds them to the mission list. It gets run sometime after the normal mission list has been created during the load process. However, the VisualMunge doesn't know that addme.lua exists, so you'll have to run the mungeAddme.bat located in the same folder. It's supposed to munge to _LVL_XBOX\addme.script, and will get loaded directly by the engine. Note: If you have trouble getting it to overwrite the current addme.script, delete the contents of the addme\munged\ folder.

Finally, ****don't forget to keep the manifest file up to date if you remove or add any files!!!!****

Hoho5000

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »

I know it's possible, but I think you need some extra tools.

darthgrizavy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 06:26:00 PM »

What exactly can this do? Make new maps? Changes the sides around? Actually move some rep heros to the cis side and vice versa so they can be referenced int he mission.lvl to play bad guys on good side team with clone troopers etc?

cyguration

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 06:22:00 AM »

The greatest selling Star Wars game of all time...and yet KOTOR has more Xbox mods.
How sad.

volzzilla

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 03:25:00 PM »

I'm a little confused, I heard it was not possible to mod Staw Wars Battlefront 2 on the Xbox, but here are some tools for doing so? Do these tools not work or something?

GTTeancum

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 01:49:00 PM »

These tools are extremely basic.  You can't add new characters or new maps.  They can only change minor things.