xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Emulators And The Systems They Emulate  (Read 954 times)

run088

• Archived User
Emulators And The Systems They Emulate
« on: May 11, 2009, 09:20:00 PM »

Xbox emulator guide. Emulators 101

This post has been edited by run088: May 12 2009, 04:24 AM

ressurectionx

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »

nice....

Did you make that?  Mind if I put that in my thread?

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 12:17:00 AM »

Have at it. I can send you the whole layout if you want. I built it from scratch "with some help"

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 12:44:00 AM »

What no SarienX love?!  ohmy.gif

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 01:19:00 AM »

I knew I might have missed a couple when I did it. I also didn't have the time to list all the emulators available for every system. I hope in my free time I can complete the chart. I find it an easy reference. Some of the links are better than others and some of the emulators I use personally are not listed. This is do to the fact I didn't like the information I could find for a good description.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 02:41:00 AM »

Thank you! You've just save me weeks of trawling the Internet (with all the dead ends that involves), and bookmarking and reading. It would be great if you could include the emulators you use but couldn't find links for (presumably you use them because they're good smile.gif ), so that it can be used as a snapshot reference of what's available, even if you can't link them anywhere.
 beerchug.gif

run088

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 03:57:00 AM »

I will try to tighten up the list when I go back to the site it is located. I can't edit from here. But looking at the list I only noticed that snes9xbox is the only emulator I use not listed. I use it for the xport layout which reigns supreme in my opinion in the world of xbox emulation and its ability to stream roms over the network that no other snes emulator has. I have not got around to using some of the emulators listed and have limited knowledge about even more. The emulators I run are

Adamx, Arnoldx, Atari7800x, AtariXLBox, Blissx, BlueMSXbox, Coinops, CPX3, Mednafenx-lynx, MednafenX-NES, MednafenX-PCE, MekaX, NeoGenesis, NeoPopX, Pcsxbox, SuperVisionX, Surreal64, Vice64x, VirtualBoyX, WinSTonX, WinUAEX, WonderSwanX, X68000X, XBoyAdvance, Z26X, snes9xbox

All have streaming capability but Surreal64 and CPX3

I have ran SoftVMUX, Classic99x, Xvectrex but they really didn't even seem to be worth the time to mess with but there could be some hidden jewel games on those systems I don't know about.

I have never fired up the other emulators before but look forward to doing so soon. Which are

Chip8X, DaphneX, Didntxspectrum, DOSXBox, Kegsx, Odysseyx, Vice20x, VicePETX, Xmac, Xthom, Xzx81, ScummVMx, and SarienX

This post has been edited by run088: May 12 2009, 11:01 AM